Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami Dolphins FFMD 13 The II War Room - 3rd Place!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade the Draft
Awesome
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Best one this week
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Common, nothing special
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Duck
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fireland
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your asking price on Davone Bess?
DavisIsland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are so stacked at RB and DT.

RB - Miller, Thomas, Bernard, Murray, Gray

DT - Starks, Soliai, Odrick, Vaughn, Spence
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavisIsland wrote:
We are so stacked at RB and DT.

RB - Miller, Thomas, Bernard, Murray, Gray

DT - Starks, Soliai, Odrick, Vaughn, Spence

Asking prices?
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why oh why did we draft two RBs? We didn't need to draft any, and we take two? I understand value, fellas, but we need to address needs and RB is one that we really don't need. I like the DT pickup and we should use the last few picks on Oline/pass rushers that we can develop. A GOOD RB CAN'T RUN WITHOUT AN O-LINE BLOCKING! And ours was one of the worst in the league last year. /rant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys are truly unhappy with the double RB pick up we would be willing to work out some sort of deal where you get Caleb Stuffier and we get Latavious Murray
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys are truly unhappy with the double RB pick up we would be willing to work out some sort of deal where you get Caleb Stuffier and we get Latavious Murray
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangetiktac wrote:
Why oh why did we draft two RBs? We didn't need to draft any, and we take two? I understand value, fellas, but we need to address needs and RB is one that we really don't need. I like the DT pickup and we should use the last few picks on Oline/pass rushers that we can develop. A GOOD RB CAN'T RUN WITHOUT AN O-LINE BLOCKING! And ours was one of the worst in the league last year. /rant

A 7th round pick is going to change this?

Johnson, Incognito, Pouncey, and Martin are clear starters and we have Louis, Jerry, Quessenberry, and Garner competing for the RG spot. We are stacked at G also. What we need are playmakers and Murray is complete steal at this point. Only reason I wanted Sturgis over him was because it was more of a need.

Take a look at our roster, we are stacked at every position besides TE and even then we have Keller as a starter and a developing Clay and Egnew. FB may be a question too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on our final selection? I'll go with Travis Bond otherwise since he's the only name thrown out specifically.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock's top 100 prospects released today at noon:

Pick 7 Lane Johnson #6
Pick 42 Alex Okafor #79
Pick 63 Jordan Poyer #85
Pick 82 Robert Alford #74
Pick 99 Giovani Bernard #63
Pick 111 David Quessenberry #84
Pick 146 JJ Wilcox #68

Then we got Spence and Murray and one more pick at 10PM. Seriously, we better win.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selected Travis Bond. Might be a bit overweight for the ZBS but he uses it well. Could be a decent project if he survives camp and was the only guy singled out. Onto to UDFA. Anyone you guys particularly like? I'm thinking of working up to 8 to get to 80 men. If you guys are still interested by that point then we can do 90.

1.7.7: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
2.11.42: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

3.1.63: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
3.20.82: Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

4.2.99 Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
4.14.111: David Quessenberry, G, San Jose State

5.13.146: JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern
5.33.166: Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois

7.18.224: Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida
7.44.250: Travis Bond, G, North Carolina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:

Johnson, Incognito, Pouncey, and Martin are clear starters and we have Louis, Jerry, Quessenberry, and Garner competing for the RG spot. We are stacked at G also. What we need are playmakers and Murray is complete steal at this point. Only reason I wanted Sturgis over him was because it was more of a need.

Take a look at our roster, we are stacked at every position besides TE and even then we have Keller as a starter and a developing Clay and Egnew. FB may be a question too.

Reason 1: We aren't stacked at any position, otherwise we'd be a playoff team. Louis is old and coming back from an injury, I'd love him to start but he'll probably be a backup. Garner is a backup Tackle, Martin was awful and is only a clear starter because we drafted him high and we need to give him time. Johnson is rookie, Incognito is Incognito, and Quess is a rookie. We need to have bodies there especially if we're going to be this young. We went nuts on the playmakers in FA, that is no longer a need.

Reason 2: The RB class this year is loaded. On the flipside, RBs are undervalued more than ever. We have a decent sized depth chart at RB but could grab someone if value was right (which is why I'm okay with Gio. Not happy, but ok with.) To draft two RBs when we could use that pick on another project or somewhere we need depth on D, and when there will probably be a bunch of draftable RBs not even taken in this draft (Stefphon Jefferson, Spencer Ware, Onterrio McCaleb for example weren't drafted) seems like we're not using our picks to their max potential.

EDIT- I probably would have gone with Baca and Robey as those two 7th round picks, but I like the Bond pick.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangetiktac wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:

Reason 1: We aren't stacked at any position, otherwise we'd be a playoff team. Louis is old and coming back from an injury, I'd love him to start but he'll probably be a backup. Garner is a backup Tackle, Martin was awful and is only a clear starter because we drafted him high and we need to give him time. Johnson is rookie, Incognito is Incognito, and Quess is a rookie. We need to have bodies there especially if we're going to be this young. We went nuts on the playmakers in FA, that is no longer a need.

Reason 2: The RB class this year is loaded. On the flipside, RBs are undervalued more than ever. We have a decent sized depth chart at RB but could grab someone if value was right (which is why I'm okay with Gio. Not happy, but ok with.) To draft two RBs when we could use that pick on another project or somewhere we need depth on D, and when there will probably be a bunch of draftable RBs not even taken in this draft (Stefphon Jefferson, Spencer Ware, Onterrio McCaleb for example weren't drafted) seems like we're not using our picks to their max potential.

EDIT- I probably would have gone with Baca and Robey as those two 7th round picks, but I like the Bond pick.

We are stacked with a lot of high potential guys at most positions. It's now about the development.

LT: Lane Johnson(7th overall pick)
LG: Incognito(Probowl)
C: Pouncey(Best player on the oline)
RG: Louis, Jerry, Quess
RT: Martin, Garner

We are not going to draft nor find someone that can beat out Martin after the third round. As for development, we already have 8 linemen that can start not counting Samuda, Yeatman, and Bond. Last year we carried 8 lineman and the most a team carried was 11 from the Saints. Most teams carry 9 to 10. We are at our limit as it stands. With Thomas probably gone at some point, Miller and Bernard are a great tandem and a 7th on a third string developmental RB is a good pick if he is clearly BPA and all of our starters have an injury history.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:

We are stacked with a lot of high potential guys at most positions. It's now about the development.

LT: Lane Johnson(7th overall pick)
LG: Incognito(Probowl)
C: Pouncey(Best player on the oline)
RG: Louis, Jerry, Quess
RT: Martin, Garner

We are not going to draft nor find someone that can beat out Martin after the third round. As for development, we already have 8 linemen that can start not counting Samuda, Yeatman, and Bond. Last year we carried 8 lineman and the most a team carried was 11 from the Saints. Most teams carry 9 to 10. We are at our limit as it stands. With Thomas probably gone at some point, Miller and Bernard are a great tandem and a 7th on a third string developmental RB is a good pick if he is clearly BPA and all of our starters have an injury history.

I know you meant seventh round about the Martin thing. We've got Lane Johnson and I'm happy because outside of the top three I didn't like any tackles. But there are a plethora of guards out there and this draft is deep with guys that fit our scheme. There are always Olinemen that develop and start if they were late round guys. Especially if they fit the scheme. Thomas being kicked to the wayside next year was the reason I was ok with drafting one RB. Murray actually fits what we need better than Gio because we'll need someone to be the short yardage back when Thomas is gone, Gio was just too valuable to pass up. I think Murray would have been there after the draft and aside from WR, this team needs all the picks it can get.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangetiktac wrote:

I know you meant seventh round about the Martin thing. We've got Lane Johnson and I'm happy because outside of the top three I didn't like any tackles. But there are a plethora of guards out there and this draft is deep with guys that fit our scheme. There are always Olinemen that develop and start if they were late round guys. Especially if they fit the scheme. Thomas being kicked to the wayside next year was the reason I was ok with drafting one RB. Murray actually fits what we need better than Gio because we'll need someone to be the short yardage back when Thomas is gone, Gio was just too valuable to pass up. I think Murray would have been there after the draft and aside from WR, this team needs all the picks it can get.

What are we discussing exactly cause I have to admit, I'm kind of lost. What I'm getting is that we shouldn't have drafted Murray and should have gone G instead. If that's the case, we did get a G, the same one we would have gotten at the Murray selection a pick later. Are you arguing that we should have gotten yet another G in the 5th round even though we already had Quess, Jerry, and Louis competing for one spot? I can buy that argument, the reason that we didn't had to do with value at those spots.

Are you arguing that a 3rd string G is more important than a 3rd string RB? I'll argue that the chances of one of our RB's getting injured is much larger than 3 of our guards. If your biggest issue with this mock is a 7th round selection then I think we did a good overall job.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:

What are we discussing exactly cause I have to admit, I'm kind of lost. What I'm getting is that we shouldn't have drafted Murray and should have gone G instead. If that's the case, we did get a G, the same one we would have gotten at the Murray selection a pick later. Are you arguing that we should have gotten yet another G in the 5th round even though we already had Quess, Jerry, and Louis competing for one spot? I can buy that argument, the reason that we didn't had to do with value at those spots.

Are you arguing that a 3rd string G is more important than a 3rd string RB? I'll argue that the chances of one of our RB's getting injured is much larger than 3 of our guards. If your biggest issue with this mock is a 7th round selection then I think we did a good overall job.

Haha this is true. I was just arguing the fact that we were using a selection on a 3rd string RB when we could have used that anywhere else. I wouldn't have selected two guards in the seventh and probably would've used the other pick on the best available CB or Dlineman. My biggest gripe with this draft was the Wilcox pick because we need a free safety and he's a strong. Obviously he'll be a backup and that's fine but I'd rather pick for gems that could start.

But honestly this was real fun and I felt like I had a pretty solid input on most of these picks. Wish I was here for the first one and earlier on this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 32 of 34

Jump to: