You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami Dolphins FFMD 13 The II War Room - 3rd Place!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade the Draft
Awesome
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Best one this week
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Common, nothing special
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Duck
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fireland
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Don't really like the idea of moving up if it involves a 2nd rounder. at #5 we might only have a shot at Lane Johnson which in that case we just have to jump over the Chargers.
Looking at what the top 4 teams are talking about, I doubt Fisher & Joeckel go before us. KC is really wanting to trade down, and looks to have an offer (from a team looking for defense). No way the Jags take a OT. The Raiders seem to want pass rush or a QB. The Eagles definitely want a DE. Then there's us. I think trading up to #6 would guarantee that you only get Lane Johnson.

I think Lane Johnson would be just as good though which means we give up less in the process. Only talking about a 3rd or 4th instead of a 2nd

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Don't really like the idea of moving up if it involves a 2nd rounder. at #5 we might only have a shot at Lane Johnson which in that case we just have to jump over the Chargers.
Looking at what the top 4 teams are talking about, I doubt Fisher & Joeckel go before us. KC is really wanting to trade down, and looks to have an offer (from a team looking for defense). No way the Jags take a OT. The Raiders seem to want pass rush or a QB. The Eagles definitely want a DE. Then there's us. I think trading up to #6 would guarantee that you only get Lane Johnson.

I think Lane Johnson would be just as good though which means we give up less in the process. Only talking about a 3rd or 4th instead of a 2nd

We are in talks with the Jaguars, Raiders, Lions, and Browns.

A 1st and 3rd is in the range of the 8th pick. Though I don't think any team wants to trade down in this range, especially not 4 spots. Our best bet is the Browns and it looks like a 1st and 2nd is gonna be what it takes. Otherwise we should stick to where we are or try a trade down.

We are also in talks with the Rams regarding a possible Saffold for Jerry and 3rd swap (which is slowly dying).
DavisIsland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be all for the three team trade Detroit proposed if we can gain a pick back from trading Soliai. If we could get a late 2nd for him, that would be solid.
DavisIsland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:

A 1st and 3rd is in the range of the 8th pick. Though I don't think any team wants to trade down in this range, especially not 4 spots. Our best bet is the Browns and it looks like a 1st and 2nd is gonna be what it takes. Otherwise we should stick to where we are or try a trade down.

We are also in talks with the Rams regarding a possible Saffold for Jerry and 3rd swap (which is slowly dying).

I would say no to the Saffold trade. The 8th pick is pretty interesting. 1st and 3rd seems to be fair value. Would we only be looking at Lane with that pick?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavisIsland wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:

I would say no to the Saffold trade. The 8th pick is pretty interesting. 1st and 3rd seems to be fair value. Would we only be looking at Lane with that pick?
Yeah you would only have a shot at Lane Johnson

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Lane johnson a lot for our offense. Which 2nd round pick are we talking about, cause we have 2. Milliner is also an option for us

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:

With the Raiders, it looks to be our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for their 1st and 4th. And even then it's only 4th overall pick value and not 3rd.

Were in a position of strength, everybody is looking to trade down (Oak,Det,Cle, etc), and few are willing to trade up. We can wait for the best deal, someone is going to eventually accept a smaller return.

I would do the trade if its 3 and 100 for 12, 57 and 82. This trade is the only one that definitely gives us a chance at either Joeckel or Fisher.

I would wait on the other deals until the draft, just to see how it unfolds, It makes no sense to trade for the 5th pick if neither is available. If we want Lane Johnson we can always trade up with the Browns or the Bills.
candyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, i would not trade picks for veteran tackles like Albert and Saffold. There is enough depth in the draft and veterans available (Winston, Clabo, etc.), to spend not just draft picks but also valuable cap space.
DavisIsland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

With the Raiders, it looks to be our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for their 1st and 4th. And even then it's only 4th overall pick value and not 3rd.

Were in a position of strength, everybody is looking to trade down (Oak,Det,Cle, etc), and few are willing to trade up. We can wait for the best deal, someone is going to eventually accept a smaller return.

I would do the trade if its 3 and 100 for 12, 57 and 82. This trade is the only one that definitely gives us a chance at either Joeckel or Fisher.

I would wait on the other deals until the draft, just to see how it unfolds, It makes no sense to trade for the 5th pick if neither is available. If we want Lane Johnson we can always trade up with the Browns or the Bills.

Not a bad idea. I agree that we should wait as well. 3 and 100 for 12, 54 and 82 seems fair. A lot of possibilities to mull over. I think its obvious that the majority agrees that Tackle is the pressing need, but is it enough to where we would feel comfortable giving up 3 picks?
SanDiegoRaiderFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavisIsland wrote:
candyman wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

Not a bad idea. I agree that we should wait as well. 3 and 100 for 12, 54 and 82 seems fair. A lot of possibilities to mull over. I think its obvious that the majority agrees that Tackle is the pressing need, but is it enough to where we would feel comfortable giving up 3 picks?

Hello all. I'm the Assistant GM of the Raiders and have been working with your GM on this deal. One thing to remember is that any deal has to be approved by the Trade Council, and they would likely reject this deal as being too lopsided:

Raiders give:
1st round pick (#3) = 2200
4th round pick (#100) = 100
Total = 2300

Dolphins give:
1st round pick (#12) = 1200
2nd round pick (#54) = 360
3rd round pick (#82) = 180
Total = 1740

Difference = 560 (24%)

We're willing to give you a discount, but in the past, you had to be within 50 - 100 points on the trade value table to be approved. I don't know what standard they're going to use this time, but I'm guessing that the deal would have to be within at least 10% of the value of the picks. You'd probably have to throw in future picks or players to get this deal approved by the Trade Council.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm continuing talks with the Raiders.

1. Chiefs: 1st, pick 54, swap thirds(77 to 100), 5th, 2014 3rd.

2. Jaguars: Offered them 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. They seem to like it.

3. Raiders: 1st, 2nd, and Soliai was my offer for their 1st and 4th. This values Soliai as a 2nd round pick. Talks will be continued later. They seem interested in Bess.

5. Lions: Offered them 1st and 2nd. They seem fine with it.

6. Browns: 1st, pick 54, and a 5th. Perfectly even value. Trying to get out of the 5th if Fisher isn't there.

No other trade partners right now. Like I said, it doesn't look like anyone in the 8+ range(Which includes the Bills and Jets) wants to trade down so we will have to give up at least a 2nd to reach fair value.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

1. Chiefs: 1st, 54, swap thirds(77 to 100), 5th, 2014 3rd. Still being discussed.

2. Jaguars: They are fine with 1st, 42, and 77.

3. Raiders: Still being discussed, can't see them taking much less than the Jaguars.

5. Lions: They are fine with a 1st and 42.

6. Browns: They are fine with 1st, 54, and 146(5th conditional on Fisher being there).

Thoughts?

Personally, I like the Browns trade but that's just me. Hopefully we can make a decision by tomorrow.
DavisIsland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Update

1. Chiefs: 1st, 54, swap thirds(77 to 100), 5th, 2014 3rd. Still being discussed.

3. Raiders: Still being discussed, can't see them taking much less than the Jaguars.

6. Browns: They are fine with 1st, 54, and 146(5th).

Thoughts?

The Chiefs trade is the only trade we can pull the trigger on right now and is the safest. The Lions offer is reasonable, but we would have to wait until they are on the clock and its not a guarantee that our guy will be there. I say if we wanna be aggressive, then the Chiefs' offer should do it. But if we feel that we can get the same talent at 5 that we would get at 1, then we can wait.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how much you like Lane Johnson? I like him the best out of all 3 in our offense. He certainly has the most potential. If we pull the trigger on a trade to 6, then I think Lane will be there. If he isn't then we take Millner, who is by far the best CB in the draft and we still have pick 42 to grab an OT and some mid rounders to grab an OG and a few more guys.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Update

6. Browns: They are fine with 1st, 54, and 146(5th conditional on Fisher being there).

Thoughts?

Personally, I like the Browns trade but that's just me. Hopefully we can make a decision by tomorrow.

We would take the lower of your picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (#54 and #82) if you threw in a 2014 2nd round pick and Davone Bess. We'd also be willing to make that conditional on your guy being available at #3.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 3 of 34

Jump to: