Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD II: The Room of War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neutral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we're OTC again.

The Eagles posted that they're looking to move into the 6th by way of trading multiple 7ths. I'm awaiting a reply to see if they're still interested. Would that be okay?

If there's nobody else around, I'm definitely pulling the trigger on that trade if available. That would give us an opportunity to formulate a strategy for the 7th round and give the Eagles a player they covet.
Neutral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles are no longer interested in trading into the 6th, so I'm going to go ahead and make the pick in a few minutes so we don't get skipped.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we had gone Lerentee since I think he's perfect as a Barnes replacement, but I don't have too many issues with Bass other than not being able to see anything except highlights. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, since Mychal Rivera is off the board (seriously, someone just needs to throw green in the ocean with popped floaties), I'll throw out some names of guys I'd like in the 7th:

QB: Ryan Griffin (Tulane) - Strikes me as a McCoy kind of guy. Doesn't have a fantastic arm but it's starter-capable. His mental acuity for the position and understanding of game concepts is top notch though. At worst this guy is another Volek, IMHO.

S: Ray Polk (Colorado) - Good player on a crappy defense. Can probably wait till UDFA for him though.
Zeke Motta (Notre Dame) - At worst, fairly high floor that can be the stop-gap till Taylor is healthy and then let the two duke it out for the position. At best he's probably another Kevin Ellison, at worst... Steve Gregory? Still, 7th round pick. Not a bad pickup.

LB: Keith Pough (Howard) - Can I have him? Please? Not so much a need, but this guy is going to turn out to be something good. TAKEN

WR: Charles Johnson (Grand Valley State) - Small school, but measurables are solid. His hands are REALLY good. Sub 4.4 speed at his pro day, with an 11'1" broad jump, and damn near 40" vertical to prove it's not just the track he was running on. He's a D3 guy, so level of competition is a "yeah" but this is also a 7th round pick.

TE/H-Back: Philip Lutzenkirechen (how do you not love that name?!; Auburn) - Adept move blocker. Quick feet. Not a huge vertical threat, but still a good athlete. Adjusts to throws well. Good pass protector. Auburn's all-time leader in TD's for a TE (though they don't have a history of using the TE a ton).
Ben Cotton (Nebraska) - Possibly more of a UDFA candidate. Nebraska doesn't feature the TE much so he's underappreciated as a receiving option (he's not spectacular but he's solid - a la Jake Ballard). Really excels as a blocker - seriously you don't survive as a TE at Nebraska if you don't. It's like he's a 3rd tackle in some instances.

RB: Take your pick, but there are enough options we can probably wait for UDFA with Theo Riddick, Jawann Jamison, Miguel Maysonet, Ray Graham, Dennis Johnson... all still available

OL: Manase Foketi (West Texas A&M; formerly K-State) - There are some potential attitude problems, but again... 7th round pick. He has potential as both a RT and a guard. More athletic than he gets credit for and when he does put forward full effort he plays MEAN.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're the final pick of the day, so I'll sit here and wait until I go to bed before posting a pick i case anyone comes on and wants to discuss things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know very little about the late round guys, so I'm fine with whomever.

We also pick tomorrow morning at 10am. I can post that pick if someone gives me an indication of who we should take.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
I know very little about the late round guys, so I'm fine with whomever.

We also pick tomorrow morning at 10am. I can post that pick if someone gives me an indication of who we should take.

I'll PM you a list of a couple guys, of the ones who end up available take your pick. I'll be out.

Also for those keeping tabs, meet our newest receiver:

Charles Johnson, Grand Valley State (formerly Eastern Kentucky)

6'2 3/4", 215 lbs.
40: 4.38s & 4.39s (at GVSU pro day)
Vert: 39.5"
Broad: 11'1"
(for the record if you take his mass index - height and weight combo - and factor his vert and broad jump this is explosive athleticism the caliber of Julio Jones)
Averaged over 1100 yards and 15.5 TD's/yr in 2 seasons at GVSU.

Here's a great article on him, including some intriguing video:
http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/03/is-this-man-the-next-miles-austin-or-marques-colston/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida was already taken by the 49ers.

Please pick again...
Neutral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida was already taken by the 49ers.

Please pick again...

Noted, went with the guy I think LBC has been wanting to take for a while now
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the way UDFA is working is a first-come/first served each team is allotted one pick per hour starting tomorrow in the AM eastern time.

Because it will likely benefit us to do so, I'm going to ask to keep lists of preferred guys (as far as those not already named) secret so that we aren't sniped by another team knowing that they better get him on a particular hour or risk us taking the guy in the next hour.

Therefore, please PM lists of any available UDFA's you'd like us to target to BOTH JammerHammer21 and myself. Also, for sake of making our job easier, please gives a score on a range from 1-5 (explained below) for each prospect you list.

5: High priority
4: Mid-high priority; not a "must get" but want more than most other prospects on the list
3: Medium priority; we should make an effort to get but not at the expense of risking not getting higher-rated guys on lists
2: Mid-low priority; get if we can, no big deal if we don't.
1: Low priority; Filler/flier/whathaveyou - after all other high and medium priority gets than can be had have been had, would be nice to have if they're still available.

Also, please try not to load your lists full of 5's and 4's unless you're providing a huge list. Being realistic, I'm probably going to be online most of Monday (when UDFA starts) and will likely try to see if we can fill out 70-80% of a full "camp roster" - which means we're going to targe to bring in at least another 12-15 guys at minimum if possible.

Get your lists into us by 8pm PST tomorrow (Sunday) night, so that I have enough time to combine the lists and adjust order of preference according to everyone's rankings.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get an official roster up to tell us exactly how many spots we have.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well never mind, looked at the first post. Are all the camp guys there?

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think we've got some of the best posters on the forum (even though I pull down the group, despite the awesomeness of certain global mods), so let's bunker down and do this thing.

I see your game mods.

#JDI
Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My knowledge of prospects is tapped at this point.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the playas from SDSU!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: