Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD II: The Room of War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
Anybody else going to weigh in?

Miami is picking right behind us, and they're interested in taking Bostic.

I know JH really likes Bostic. I'd wait, but if we have to go ahead and make him the pick.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
I know JH really likes Bostic. I'd wait, but if we have to go ahead and make him the pick.

That's good to hear.

We could go CB in the 5th. I don't know much of anything about Terry Hawthorne, so I can't give an opinion there.

I'm sending a PM to TheVillain asking him if either of us can make the pick. We technically have until 12:30, but I'd rather not keep other teams waiting around. I'll be back at 12:15 and let's see what happens...
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Neutral wrote:
Anybody else going to weigh in?

Miami is picking right behind us, and they're interested in taking Bostic.

As long as you and Neutral are on board with Bostic, either of you can go ahead and make the pick. JH has been an absent GM but he does have both of you guys listed in the staff...
Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: Pick is in.

JH21 took this guy in another GM mock draft, so there's also support in absentia: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15931998#15931998
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got Jon Bostic? If the draft goes this way in real life, I don't know what I'd do. Loving it Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admittedly there were two guys when I left for work this morning that I would have preferred to Bostic, but both were picked in the several picks just prior to ours (Williams and Holloman - though the later is largely personal preference).

In Bostic we're pretty much getting a younger clone of what TKO was able to give us last season with maybe a little more athleticism, but not a ton. His instincts should get him playing time early, he's just got to work on getting off blocks if he's going to do anything with them. Probably a 2-down LB, but past this season that may not be an issue as I still wouldn't shy away from another early pass-rusher in 2014 which could eventually move Ingram to ILB, or certainly would in nickel situations.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been completely snowed under at work and haven't had the chance to log in for a few weeks, but...WOW, you guys have smashed it outta the park.
Saffold, Carradine, Williams, Pugh and Bostic and a 2014 3rd. Love the work.

And JH, thanks for the title of AAAAAAAAAAAGM earlier in the thread. I think that's a promotion from Director of Player Hydration from FFMD1.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're OTC, have until 2:30 PST to pick. I'll be back as soon as the Arsenal match ends.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so just spitballing right now.

Best value available as I see it:

RB Andre Ellington - Clemson (He'll never be a starter, and might seem a little superfluous with Woodhead here, but the value is solid)

DB Sanders Commings - Georgia (I'd personally move him to safety, but can be a sort of hybrid DB and a good fill opposite Weddle till Taylor is healthy enough to see what we've got in him)

S Tony Jefferson - Oklahoma (A little reminiscent of TJ Ward; we selected him a round earlier than this in FFMDv1. Local kid, his dad is Chargers fan... he's a Raiturd fan, would be a fun "trolling convert")

CB Terry Hawthorne - lllinois (Has moments where he flashes 2nd round talent, and has followed those up with moments of sloppy technique in his backpedal. But smart, instinctive, hard working corner that should be a good fit in zone and off-man)

OL Matt Summers-Gavin - Cal (Yeah, maybe this would be overkill with the OL, but he's a versatile player capable of playing guard or possibly even RT. The Cal OL prospects always come in underratedly well-coached and technically sound, effective as a puller)

OL Hugh Thornton - Illinois (See Summer-Gavin. Rather similar prospects, save for the fact that Thornton is arguably more athletic and has experience as a LT. Makes the Pugh pick a bit redundant, but it's also a 5th rounder so value can certainly be a factor)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with Hawthorne

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lakeroy wrote:
I'd go with Hawthorne

See, where I'm torn is that Hawthorne isn't going to step in and start - barring a massive FAIL by Wright or Hawthorne just lighting things up in camp. Meanwhile, we have squat outside of Stuckey to play opposite Weddle and it's not like Commings is a bad fit at CB, I just feel like he's a better fit as that deep-lying safety in the numerous Cover-1 looks Pagano likes to call.

That said, I've got a slew more sleeper safeties than CB's up my sleeve.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not gonna chance getting skipped. I know Hawthorne's name was mentioned in here earlier as well. So it's a safe pick to make. We may want to consider using Green Bay's 7th to trade up in the 6th potentially, depend on how the board falls.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we decide? I'm fine with Jefferson. With Rinehart and Pugh I think we're solid at OG.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Can we decide? I'm fine with Jefferson. With Rinehart and Pugh I think we're solid at OG.

Selected was made a while ago, back when we were on the clock.

Terry Hawthorne is a Charger.

I've got a safety we can target in the 7th that almost certainly should be available (who may actually go earlier in the actual draft) if Commings/Jefferson isn't still there in the 6th.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Selected was made a while ago, back when we were on the clock.

Terry Hawthorne is a Charger.

I've got a safety we can target in the 7th that almost certainly should be available (who may actually go earlier in the actual draft) if Commings/Jefferson isn't still there in the 6th.

Sorry guys, was at school for tennis. Sorry for not being around so much. I just saw OTC on the draft heading.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: