Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMDII Houston Texans War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14187
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see anything on your thread yet in regards to this; Just a general inquiry on behalf of the Steelers, is there anyone specific on your trading block?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Underwood


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 2295
Location: Texans Nation
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Underwood wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Let's use Hey Arnold names! Laughing



I've.... never seen that show. Sad


How old are you Underwood?


What if we use ESPN analysts? Laughing


That would be even better. Laughing

So far I have put Ben Tate and the 27th pick on the trade block. If you guys have any of players you feel should be on the trade block, let me know.


I'm 34. I also like the analyst idea Laughing


wwhickok wrote:
Didn't see anything on your thread yet in regards to this; Just a general inquiry on behalf of the Steelers, is there anyone specific on your trading block?


As mentioned in the above quote, our round 1 (27) pick and Ben Tate are on the block. You know you want both.
_________________

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14187
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:
As mentioned in the above quote, our round 1 (27) pick and Ben Tate are on the block. You know you want both.


PM incoming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
I would be all over the AJ Hawk deal if it was for a 5th bec he would be told to do what he was best at doing and thats playing whats in front of him. He is a down hill LB that can contain his gap while cushing can be our animal all over the field


I am amenable to this idea, as well. Hawk is poor in traffic and dealing with blockers, but exceptional in reading/reacting and coverage. He would be an ideal fit in our scheme and is a much better option than the ILBs in in this year's draft.

The biggest obstacle in acquiring Hawk would be his cap hit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14187
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
canyon1 wrote:
I would be all over the AJ Hawk deal if it was for a 5th bec he would be told to do what he was best at doing and thats playing whats in front of him. He is a down hill LB that can contain his gap while cushing can be our animal all over the field


I am amenable to this idea, as well. Hawk is poor in traffic and dealing with blockers, but exceptional in reading/reacting and coverage. He would be an ideal fit in our scheme and is a much better option than the ILBs in in this year's draft.

The biggest obstacle in acquiring Hawk would be his cap hit.


There is no cap right? Aka no cap hit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Yeah TE is definitely something we could explore. Kenney PM'ed me his list and he said the same thing. I am cool with that.

BTW, I think we should use code words like the other team boards use when they are talking about their picks. That way we can all discuss the draft at the same time instead of separate PM's.


It's easiest if we base it off of, say, one person's big board/prospect ranking. A specific position can be denoted by a letter and a specific player can be denoted by matching a letter-number combo that denotes position + that prospects specific ranking.

Other ways I've seen it done include giving players random names (Greek gods, famous authors, etc.). Make it simple and make it impossible to screw up.


Let's use Hey Arnold names! Laughing


I like this. You can use 'my main man fuzzy slippers'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
kenney wrote:
canyon1 wrote:
I would be all over the AJ Hawk deal if it was for a 5th bec he would be told to do what he was best at doing and thats playing whats in front of him. He is a down hill LB that can contain his gap while cushing can be our animal all over the field


I am amenable to this idea, as well. Hawk is poor in traffic and dealing with blockers, but exceptional in reading/reacting and coverage. He would be an ideal fit in our scheme and is a much better option than the ILBs in in this year's draft.

The biggest obstacle in acquiring Hawk would be his cap hit.


There is no cap right? Aka no cap hit.


I didn't know that, sorry. I haven't participated in FFMDII in years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9733
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be in favor of Hawk
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
55 catches 631 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3800
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "real" rosters are finalized today at COB.

So heads up....
Quote:
‏@AdamSchefter
Raiders waiving LB Rolando McClain today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30782
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
I think "real" rosters are finalized today at COB.

So heads up....
Quote:
‏@AdamSchefter
Raiders waiving LB Rolando McClain today.


I just sent a PM asking about McClain so I guess we cant get him since there is no FA and he is about to be cut.

The Steelers GM sent me this offer.


1.17(950)
4.115(64)
7.223(2.3)1,006.3
for
1.27(680)
2.57(330)1,010


I won't do this unless one or maybe 2 guys are left on the board when the Steelers go on the clock. I'll PM you guys who I have in mind, but for right now I am not making the trade.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4866
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
I think "real" rosters are finalized today at COB.

So heads up....
Quote:
‏@AdamSchefter
Raiders waiving LB Rolando McClain today.


I just sent a PM asking about McClain so I guess we cant get him since there is no FA and he is about to be cut.

The Steelers GM sent me this offer.


1.17(950)
4.115(64)
7.223(2.3)1,006.3
for
1.27(680)
2.57(330)1,010


I won't do this unless one or maybe 2 guys are left on the board when the Steelers go on the clock. I'll PM you guys who I have in mind, but for right now I am not making the trade.


Ya this isnt the draft to trade up in.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30782
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers want Ben Tate, and they are trying to set up a deal around AJ Hawk to get him. Only way I am dealing Tate is if a 2nd rounder is involved. THE RB class is weak this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
I think "real" rosters are finalized today at COB.

So heads up....
Quote:
‏@AdamSchefter
Raiders waiving LB Rolando McClain today.


I just sent a PM asking about McClain so I guess we cant get him since there is no FA and he is about to be cut.

The Steelers GM sent me this offer.


1.17(950)
4.115(64)
7.223(2.3)1,006.3
for
1.27(680)
2.57(330)1,010


I won't do this unless one or maybe 2 guys are left on the board when the Steelers go on the clock. I'll PM you guys who I have in mind, but for right now I am not making the trade.


I think the Steelers misunderstood what we wanted when we put pick 27 on the block. No way. Who would we trade up for?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Packers want Ben Tate, and they are trying to set up a deal around AJ Hawk to get him. Only way I am dealing Tate is if a 2nd rounder is involved. THE RB class is weak this year.


I disagree. This is a great RB class for getting a good, productive runner from the second day on. Tate isn't worth a 2nd round pick, IMO, and treating him like he is is a surefire way to make sure no one else touches him.

Tate for Hawk straight up works for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30782
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers GM proposed Hawk and a 6th for Tate. The more I think about, I wouldnt mind doing this trade. Hawk fills in at ILB next to Cush and we add another pick and makes us flexible during the draft.


Thoughts?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group