Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD II: Bengals War Room -- OTC @10:30 PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Rodgers, Jayson DiManche would be ok. The team has shown some interest in him in real life.
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Draft Picks
1.21:

Quote:
- We here in Cincinnati are thrilled to welcome Arthur Brown as the newest member of the Bengals organization. I personally have him graded as an elite prospect, and the third best player in this draft class behind only Chance Warmack and Star Lotulelei. A three down linebacker is something this team lacks and he has the versatility to play any of the three linebacker spots while starting in our nickel packages. An elite athlete with great closing speed, top flight instincts, fluid hips and off the charts intangibles Brown is a leader on and off the field, another trait we value highly. And those criticisms of his size are unfounded. He plays bigger than he is and with violent hands and a great understanding of angles he's not only very capable shedding blocks but also smart enough to take the proper routes to avoid blockers altogether. Welcome to Cincy Arthur!

****BENGALS TRADE THE RIGHTS TO D.J. SWEARINGER TO SAN FRANCISCO FOR PICKS 61, 93 & 128****

2.53:

Quote:
The Bengals are proud to welcome Terron Armstead as the newest member of their family. With elite athletic ability, quick feet, and good length Armstead is one of only a handful of offensive tackles in this class who are true left tackles, and Armstead has a ceiling as high as any OT in this class. We love the fact he can play four positions on our line, and we have the potential of moving Andrew Whitworth to right tackle if Armstead pans out. And for those questioning his level of competition, he was arguably the most impressive performer at the East/West Shrine game and more than held his own at the Senior Bowl. We here in Cincy are confident in Paul Alexander - one of the best OL coaches in the NFL - having the ability to fully maximize Armstead's potential and allow him to become a star in the NFL

2.61 (from San Francisco):

Quote:
Franklin is a well rounded back who can step in right away and split carries with BenJarvus Green-Ellis. While he flashes the speed to take the edge and the wiggle in the open field to make people miss he has underrated lower body strength and the ability to run between the tackles. His soft hands will allow him to be a three down player and we love his character - this is a guy who aspires to one day be the mayor of LA. Well first he's gonna be a Bengal, welcome to Cincy, Johnathan!

3.84:

Quote:
Not all that different a player than Matt Elam who went #22 in this draft, Thomas is great value here in the late third round. With elite athletic ability - as evidenced by his 4.4 40 at the combine, ridiculous 40'' vertical and 11'1 broad jump. He plays with reckless abandon and doesn't no any speed other than his fastest. Mike Zimmer and the Bengals organization wants guys like that who put for big effort and big energy and Shamarko has the ability to play all over the field, from blitzing to slot corner and he is a physical force in the run game. Welcome to Cincy, Shamarko!!

3.93 (From San Francisco):

Quote:
Huh? Well the Bengals really like what Barkley brings to the table. No, he's not blessed with elite physical tools but I personally have a top forty grade on him and here at pick 93, he's exceptional value - and lets be real, on draft day I don't think it's very likely he slips this far. Josh Johnson and John Skelton were decent signings but neither is someone who can truly push Andy Dalton - Barkley can do that, and starting right on day one. With elite football IQ, a complex understanding of defenses, great anticipation and good ball placement we love that Barkley is NFL ready from day one and comes from a very similar offense at USC, allowing him to understand the concepts in Jay Gruden's WCO. Welcome to Cincy Matt!

4.118:

Quote:
At Pick 118, we in the Bengals organization feel as if we have landed a real gem in Chris Harper. To be honest, he's Anquan Boldin-esque in a lot of different ways. A convert QB, he has an intricate knowledge of coverages and understands how to find holes in zones and move on scramble situations to get open for his QB. Most impressive is how he attacks the football. A big bodied, strong handed wideout Harper understands how to use his frame to shield the ball away from defenders, consistently boxing out smaller defensive backs and winning 50/50 balls. He's incredibly physical and tough to bring down one v one in space, and it's not as if he doesn't have speed - clocking as low as 4.42 in the 40 at his pro day. He high points the football and is a natural plucker who in our offense can be a reliable third down target and a physical between the hashes threat.

4.128 (from San Francisco):

Quote:
Goodman is just the type of player we in the Bengals organization love. A highly talented player with the raw tools to be successful, we feel that with Mike Zimmer's tutelage he can become a solid rotational end for us. And at 6'4/276 with nearly 36'' long arms, he has the ability to play SSDE and rotate in to DT, something we as an organization really like. Though he may not have reached his full potential at Clemson, go watch his performances in the last three games of the season against NC State, South Carolina and LSU. Then you'll be shocked we are landing a talent like Goodman in the fourth round. Welcome to Cincy.

****BENGALS TRADE PICK 156 TO CAROLINA FOR A 2014 4th ROUND PICK****

6.190:

Quote:
Williams may be somewhat under the radar, and it makes sense as to why. He was stuck behind two NFL backs in Robert Turbin and Michael Smith at Utah State - though he still managed to steal some carries from them while also returning kicks. Well this past year we saw what Williams could do as a feature back, and it was impressive. Admittedly undersized, Williams counters that with the ability to be a valuable running back in a committee. With a low center of gravity, home run threat ability (4.42 40) and quick feet he is a dynamo in the open field who is a decisive runner, not always bouncing runs to the outside. Where he will find a niche on this Bengals team is as the outside runner to BJGE's inside running and the receiver. With 45 catches last year for Utah State, Williams showed soft hands and even the ability to be split out wide in the slot or at the x position. With Jay Gruden implementing more spread looks into the offense and some zone read, I see no reason he can't find a significant role on the Bengals.

6.197 (from New England):

Quote:
Probably one of the guys I'm highest on out of anyone in this draft class, I have a late second round grade on McCray and I think he can be one of those guys who performs better in the NFL than in college. No question he hasn't been an every down player and has some injury concerns but as a hybrid DE/SAM for us I think he can be very dangerous. A powerful edge rusher, he converts speed to power, shows powerful hands, solid bend and flexibility and has the versatility to beat offensive lineman running the arc or with his bull rush. Ask Luke Joeckel about McCray, in the Florida/Texas A&M game McCray gave Joeckel fits all game long and Joeckel has even been quoted saying McCray is the best pass rusher he faced. Mike Zimmer will have a field day lining Lerentee up all over the field. Welcome to Cincy!

7.240 (compensatory):

Quote:
Fuller might be the most underrated wideout in this entire class. He receives little to no publicity, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the third or fourth round come draft day - I have him graded in the same tier as more hyped players like Quinton Patton and Keenan Allen. Fuller wasn't even playing football three years ago - a track athlete at Kansas instead. He transferred to Va. Tech and this past year overshadowed his far more hyped teammate Marcus Davis. That track background shows, as Fuller has elite top end speed and is incredibly fluid. Running a 4.37 in the 40, he translates to the field where he burns corners deep down the field averaging 19 yards per catch this past season for VT. He's a smooth route runner who is deceptive in his ability to change speeds and he tracks the football as well as any wideout in this draft class. And don't think he's only a track athlete playing football - Fuller is unafraid to work the middle of the field and has a large catch radius. Opposite A.J. Green he can provide this offense with another deep threat in the form of a high upside player.

7.251 (compensatory):

Quote:
If Cierre Wood had returned to school for ND I think in a year we would be talking about him as one of the top backs in the 2014 draft class. A naturally talented runner, Wood might have the best vision of any back in this draft class - the most underrated skill for a RB in today's NFL. With really quick feet and the ability to change directions with little wasted motion he has good anticipatory skills and understands angles. He's diverse too, with the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and as a runner who is very elusive in the open field thanks to subtle foot placement and quick cuts. But where he surprised me was his toughness. Wood consistently falls forward and runs behind his pads well, making him tough to bring down. The combination of quick feet and lower body strength make him a dangerous runner, and I think he'll be even better in the NFL than he was in college.

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS
QB ALEX CARDER / WESTERN MICHIGAN
- I'd be a little surprised if Carder isn't drafted on day three of the draft this weekend. A toolsy QB who has anticipation, good arm strength and the ability to throw the football from multiple platforms, Carder has the potential to at least be a spot starter and quality backup in the NFL. And had he not had an off SR season plauged by injuries I think he'd be a third-fourth round pick.
QB JORDAN RODGERS / VANDERBILT
- If nothing else he has some good bloodlines right? Maybe he can help us by giving inside info on Aaron and the Packers. But really, he won't be a starter in the NFL but that doesn't mean he isn't valuable. Ball placement is solid, very good in the mental part of the game and as a third string QB you can do much worse. He can be an emergency QB, he understands the WCO and would be a great locker-room guy who can help Andy and Matt develop mentally. [i]
WR/RS REGGIE DUNN / UTAH
[i]- One word for you: speed. Dunn ran a 4.24 at his combine, and it shows on the field. This past season he led the nation with four KR TD's..on only ten returns. He averaged 51 yards per return and he will come in right away as the guy to start as RS for us. And potentially he can be a gadget guy on offense who can be used on reverses and bubble screens once or twice a game just to give the defense another thing to prepare for.

WR COURTNEY GARDNER / SIERRA COLLEGE
- I don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I say Gardner has first round talent. He was supposed to be enrolling in Oklahoma or LSU and was arguably the top JUCO recruit in the nation, but academics have been a serious problem for him. Had he enrolled in Oklahoma, or any major BCS school for that matter, I think he could have put together a Cordarrelle Patterson-esque rise into stardom. He is 6'3/210 with 4.49 speed in the 40, and all kinds of potential. Off the field issues are problematic but I think the environment we have created in Cincy is one where we are able to prevent these individuals from relapsing into their bad decisions (at least lately). Gardner has impressive COD skills, great body control and is physical after the catch. Reminds me of Justin Blackmon.
OL JAMAAL JOHNSON-WEBB / ALABAMA A&M
- Johnson-Webb has experience playing everywhere on the line aside from center, and that experience is something we on the Bengals find very valuable. He can be a backup at multiple positions and a swing interior lineman who might be able to play RT in a pinch. And like you wanna see from guys playing weaker competition, he dominated - overpowering defensive lineman and showing better feet than expected. He can be quality depth on the line, and that's worth an UDFA spot.
DT A.J. FRANCIS / MARYLAND
- Francis was another steal, a versatile defensive lineman who has played both the nose and the three tech - he was Maryland's best defensive player this past season and does a lot of little things that get you spots on rosters like blocking three kicks this past season and forcing three fumbles. Off the field he excels, a three time academic all-acc performer and big personality. He's stout at the POA and has good play recognition skills. As a rotational DT he can find a spot in the NFL.
DT ADAM REPLOGLE / INDIANA
- Replogle is a personal favorite of mine, an incredibly strong player who put up 38 reps on the bench at his pro day he epitomizes toughness. A high character player, he was nominated for the Lowe's SR CLASS award and is a leader on and off the field. He plays with leverage and is tough to move off the ball while playing with a non-stop motor and proving to be someone who has the ability to make plays in the backfield thanks to his high football IQ. I wouldn't be against him, and I think he'll find a niche in the NFL.
OLB JUSTIN TUGGLE / KANSAS STATE
- Speaking of bloodlines, Tuggle is another player who stands out in this regard. His dad is Jessie Tuggle - a former NFL linebacker. But Tuggle wasn't a linebacker in college until this past season. He played QB at Boston College and started a few games before transferring to JUCO and being recruited to K-State as a QB. Well with the emergence of Collin Klein it was clear Tuggle wouldn't get much playing time at QB and he moved to LB this past season, playing both inside and outside. And his raw athletic ability flashed, a 4.6 40 guy at 6'3/230 he has the ability to be a terror as a blitzer and is a tabula rasa for Mike Zimmer and Marvin Lewis to mold into whatever they want.
OLB JAYSON DIMANCHE / SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
- Credit to the villain for turning me onto this guy, but he's a talented player. A natural edge rusher, he was productive as a pass rusher for Southern Illinois and is a big time athlete running a 4.61 40 at his pro day. With the way we use the SAM position DiManche (who has been receiving interest from the Bengals) can be a situational pass rusher until he refines his skills in the run game and dropping into coverage.
SL CB/RS DUSTIN HARRIS / TEXAS A&M
- Harris is a quick footed nickel corner who is a dynamic return man. A big time punt returner for the Aggies he has had at least 1 punt return for a TD in each of the past three years, leading the nation in PR yardage this past season and leading the nation in yards per return two years ago. He has really quick feet, is elusive in the open field and can allow Adam Jones to focus on playing corner. And for those questioning his ability at corner, go watch the Oklahoma game. He flew around the field and looked like an NFL starter to me. This is a player who has started since his true freshman season and has the size (6'0) that his rare out of guys who slot corners, even allowing him to move outside at times.

DEPTH CHART
QB: Andy Dalton / Matt Barkley / Josh Johnson / Zac Robinson / Alex Carder / Jordan Rodgers
RB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis / Jonathan Franklin / Cierre Wood / Kerwynn Williams / Cedric Peerman / Dan Herron
FB: Chris Pressley / John Connor
TE: Jermaine Gresham / Orson Charles / Richard Quinn
FL: A.J. Green / Marvin Jones / Corey Fuller / Lavasier Tunei
SE: Mo Sanu / Chris Harper / Ryan Whalen / Courtney Gardner
SL: Andrew Hawkins / Dane Sanzenbacher / Brandon Tate / Reggie Dunn
LT: Andrew Whitworth / Terron Armstead
LG: Clint Boling / Travelle Wharton
C: Trevor Robinson / Kyle Cook
RG: Kevin Zeitler / Jamaal Johnson-Webb
RT: Anthony Collins / Terron Armstead / Dennis Roland / Dan Knapp

LDE: Carlos Dunlap / Robert Geathers / Malliciah Goodman / DeQuin Evans
NT: Domata Peko / Brandon Thompson / A.J. Francis
UT: Geno Atkins / Devon Still / Adam Replogle
RDE: Michael Johnson / Wallace Gilberry / Jamaal Anderson
SLB: Rey Maualuga / Dontay Moch / Aaron Maybin / Brandon Joiner / Jayson DiManche
ILB: Vontaze Burfict / JK Schaffer / Justin Tuggle
WLB: Arthur Brown / Emmanuel Lamur / Vincent Rey
CB: Leon Hall / Adam Jones / Jason Allen
SL: Adam Jones / Brandon Ghee / Shaun Prater / Dustin Harris
S: Reggie Nelson / Robert Sands / Jeromy Miles
S: Shamarko Thomas / Taylor Mays / George Iloka
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick / Terence Newman / Brandon Ghee / Shaun Prater

P: Kevin Huber
K: Mike Nugent
LS: Clark Harris
PR: Dustin Harris / Reggie Dunn
KR: Reggie Dunn / Kerwynn Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: