Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 (Part II) Atlanta Falcons War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Beeperking or adam, will you be around tomorrow to handle UDFA? I'll check occasional on my phone, but that's about it.

I'm going to the annual Tennessee Volunteer Orange and White Spring Game. Going to be there all day...

Sorry homie. Maybe beep can
Tennessee still plans to play football after Patterson and Hunter went pro?

Ha yeah man. This year might be rough but we are on the way to the top. #4 recruiting class for next year right now Cool

I'm hoping something good happens this year though. Maybe an upset of that one Duck team we play Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Beeperking or adam, will you be around tomorrow to handle UDFA? I'll check occasional on my phone, but that's about it.

I'm going to the annual Tennessee Volunteer Orange and White Spring Game. Going to be there all day...

Ha yeah man. This year might be rough but we are on the way to the top. #4 recruiting class for next year right now Cool

I'm hoping something good happens this year though. Maybe an upset of that one Duck team we play Wink
If by upset you mean stay within 50 points, then maybe. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can be on.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

I will say it will be the fastest paced game I will have ever witnessed. We plan on running as fast as offense as you guys run. Wouldn't be surprised if the total scores equal 110+ (if we can score lol, I'm not convinced just yet)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UDFA doesn't actually start til Monday.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

I will say it will be the fastest paced game I will have ever witnessed. We plan on running as fast as offense as you guys run. Wouldn't be surprised if the total scores equal 110+ (if we can score lol, I'm not convinced just yet)
Okay, that's going a little far. The Ducks offense isn't THAT good. Wink

But in all seriousness, is their offense supposed to be decent? I know they're replacing their starting QB (Bray), top three WR's (Hunter, Patterson, Rogers), and their starting TE (Rivera). Not sure about their line other than Thomas.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
UDFA doesn't actually start til Monday.
Oh, good to know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

But in all seriousness, is their offense supposed to be decent? I know they're replacing their starting QB (Bray), top three WR's (Hunter, Patterson, Rogers), and their starting TE (Rivera). Not sure about their line other than Thomas.

Our OL was top 5 in CFB last year and only lost our LG. we will be starting all JRs-Srs so it should be stellar again. Our LT Antonio "Tiny" Richardson should be a top 10 pick in next year's NFL Draft.

Other than that our offense is a bunch of question marks. Lost all the guys you mentioned. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of true Fr getting playing time. Our starting QB will likely be a RS Fr (Nathan Peterman) or a True Fr (Josh Dobbs or Riley Ferguson). I honestly have no faith in Jr QB Justin Worley, but if he wins the job that'd work too.

I'm worried that with the pace of our offenses, our defenses will get tired and get driven all over the field by the fast paced offenses.

I just want to keep it within 2-3 scores to be honest...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Our OL was top 5 in CFB last year and only lost our LG. we will be starting all JRs-Srs so it should be stellar again. Our LT Antonio "Tiny" Richardson should be a top 10 pick in next year's NFL Draft.

Other than that our offense is a bunch of question marks. Lost all the guys you mentioned. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of true Fr getting playing time. Our starting QB will likely be a RS Fr (Nathan Peterman) or a True Fr (Josh Dobbs or Riley Ferguson). I honestly have no faith in Jr QB Justin Worley, but if he wins the job that'd work too.

I'm worried that with the pace of our offenses, our defenses will get tired and get driven all over the field by the fast paced offenses.

Tennessee would be making a HUGE mistake if they tried to play at a fast-paced tempo. They'd be much better off trying to control the clock and be physical with their OL against a questionable front seven. Oregon has way too many weapons on offense to stop. The faster you play on offense, the more the Ducks touch the ball on offense. And when you're replacing your QB and your top four receivers (TE included), it's not going to work out.

Run the ball, control clock, and hope to create some turnovers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Tennessee would be making a HUGE mistake if they tried to play at a fast-paced tempo. They'd be much better off trying to control the clock and be physical with their OL against a questionable front seven. Oregon has way too many weapons on offense to stop. The faster you play on offense, the more the Ducks touch the ball on offense. And when you're replacing your QB and your top four receivers (TE included), it's not going to work out.

What's with the Oregon vs Tennessee talk? Oregon is on a whole other level right now.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

What's with the Oregon vs Tennessee talk? Oregon is on a whole other level right now.
I just realized what thread this was. Laughing

Oh well, not much action now that the draft is over.

Adam, are you flying out to Eugene for the game?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UDFA is tomorrow. Activity on my end will be spotty, so if anyone wants to by all means be in charge and make posts tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

I just realized what thread this was. Laughing

Oh well, not much action now that the draft is over.

Adam, are you flying out to Eugene for the game?

Just read this haha. I might fly out for the game if I can convince a buddy or two to come with me. I definitely want to go to a game in Eugene sometime in my life and what better time than against Tennessee. I will have to see how things go. I definitely don't want to fly out to see us get murdered either lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the Vols got murdered, I think Autzen would show you a good time. Hit me up if you plan to go.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Even if the Vols got murdered, I think Autzen would show you a good time. Hit me up if you plan to go.

Will do man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: