Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 (Part II): Ravens War Room - Draft Complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

I was never operating the voting process under the impression that it had to create a perfect mathematical balance. That's where we differ I think. I'm just trying to include everybody who is participating as long as they have lists with people we're actually deciding on when it comes down to the final vote. The system is flawed either way you look at it. By me not counting pseudo votes it throws it off mathematically, but if I discount anybody's boards or votes that goes against what the creators of FFMD are striving for and that's trying to find a general consensus among the members before we make a move.

This is incorrect. It's not the system that is flawed. Rather, the participation. One can try and simulate as much participation as possible to count as many boards as possible, but that is it. One can also provide as much information as possible to inspire as much participation as possible. But rest assured participation, in all walks of life, is the flawed aspect- the independent and uncontrollable variable.

In terms of trying to find a general consensus among members, that can be done in a variety of ways and systems. Most common name wins, step one and step two voting, inverted points totaling, and perhaps a variety of other ways to vote that I haven't considered. Each way can be used to create a general consensus. Most war rooms use the most common name wins strategy, though I found it put too much potential bias/power into the hands of the GM and therefore, I sought to personally use a system that would take any of my personal bias out of the equation. Which is why I came up with the current system. Which was both step one, step two.. and inverted points totaling. Perhaps just using step one, step two while having a popular vote for the final three names would work better for you. Perhaps assigning x amount of points for the highest person on the board and adding them up. In this scenario only one name need be mentioned on a board.

I didn't use that system because I noticed an inherent flaw, but it was my second choice when I was brainstorming ideas about how to make this process more fair.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I don't want to make it seem like a don't trust how you made the picks or something. Tbh, I like our haul and you've been a great GM... we got what we got. I'm simply arguing from a philosophical standpoint here.

But, it's whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
And I don't want to make it seem like a don't trust how you made the picks or something. Tbh, I like our haul and you've been a great GM... we got what we got. I'm simply arguing from a philosophical standpoint here.

But, it's whatever.

I know, no worries. Laughing That's how I've approached this too.

The participation is the variable I'm trying to get the most out of. To be honest I don't particularly care what system we use to decide on a decision just as long as we involve everybody in the process. That's why I'm not counting any boards out and mostly why I'm not filling in the blanks on boards with more than one guy missing off of it. I'm trying to limit my personal bias as much as I can since I have the most power.

Sorry, had to throw that in there. I agree with what you said about the other voting system and that's why I continued to use the one you started last FFMD, although it seems that it's slightly different since we're having this discussion (lol).

Last edited by coordinator0 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcarey20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about my board guys, I was working and was just going with 3 guys off the top of my head. And then I didn't have a chance to vote when we narrowed it down to Klein, Kruger, and Buchanan. Would have gone 1.) Kruger 2.) Klein 3.) Buchanan

But I like the Buchanan pick. Solid value and I like his upside.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's stupid to argue over the voting system for the FFMD. However, if anyone wants way more info than necessary, we are using what is called Borda voting, in essence, you rank your choices high to low, typically with 0 being the low vote count. It is widely used in professional societies, however, it's biggest flaw is that the results can change depending how much weight is given to each vote. 4,3,2,1 can be different than 3,2,1,0. It is as fair a system as any, but you will run into trouble trying to interpret other people's preferences.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're OTC at 2:30pm tomorrow. Plan on getting your boards in by about 1:30pm. Two picks left then we head into the undrafted free agent period. Here's the official description of it:

Quote:
UDFA Period

The UDFA period will begin Monday, April 22nd at 9am EST. Each team is allowed to claim 1 player per hour. To claim a player, the GM/AGM (or approved delegate) must use the following format: Team Name claim Player Name, Position, School. For example:

Ohio Carps claim TJ Moe, WR, Missouri

If the timestamp for that claim is 9:01am EST then that team will not be allowed to claim another player until 10:01am EST. Players will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. Also there is no limit to the number of UDFA players that you can claim.

Teams are allowed to revoke their claim as long as it's done within an hour. If a team revokes their bid which means they haven't claimed a player within the last hour then they are free to place a bid on another player immediately.

For this next pick I'd like to get a TE. If Klein is still on the board I can't imagine us not taking him but I don't know how likely that is. There's actually a few guys at other positions that I like as BPA types but I won't waste any energy on pointing them out until a few more picks go by.
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoYl9j6pP59KdFNSME05S0xDNEkxNm5OaUk0SlotMGc#gid=0
Updated thru pick 191

I know we're still 12 picks away, but I'll be asleep when we're OTC so here's my board

1. Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
2. Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers
3. Ryan Otten, TE, SJSU
4. Keith Pough, LB, Howard
5. Vinston Painter, OG/T, VT
6. Levine Toilolio, TE, Stanford
7. Ricky Wagner, OL, Wisconsin

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jake Knott, WILB, Iowa State
2. Keith Pough, WILB, Howard
3. Ricky Wagner, LT/RT/OG
4. Corey Fuller, WR, VT
5. Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers
6. Mark Harrison, WR, Rutgers
7. Tanner Hawkinson, LT, Kansas
8. Nigel Malone, CB, K-State
9. Justice Cunningham
10. Brandon McGee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Klein off the board, I like his teammate Jake Knott as the best player available. He possesses a similar skillset to Klein. He's a little smaller, a little more agile, not as strong. Similar game speed. Also a nice cover linebacker option. With Minter on the team, we have a hammer, Scott has nice range and instincts and would be a nice compliment to Minter.

He was actually marginally more productive than AJ Klein at ISU. With 23 PD to Klein's 14, 8 interceptions to Klein's 5, 10 FFs to Klein's 1, 18 TFL's to Klein's 20, 347 tkls to Klein's 361, and 1.5 sks to Klein's 3 sks.

The athleticism is also quite similar outside of the forty... though Knott looks faster on tape than he timed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Lawrence Okoye, DL
2.) Michael Williams, TE
3.) Corey Fuller, WR
4.) Aaron Mellette, WR
5.) Vinston Painter, OT
6.) Braxston Cave, C
7.) Zeke Motta, S
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
1.) Lawrence Okoye, DL
2.) Michael Williams, TE
3.) Corey Fuller, WR
4.) Aaron Mellette, WR
5.) Vinston Painter, OT
6.) Braxston Cave, C
7.) Zeke Motta, S

He's been selected already.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my board:

1. Chris Gragg
2. Ricky Wagner
3. Brandon McGee
4. Nickell Robey
5a. Corey Fuller
5b. Marcus Davis

I'll count them up and start the consensus vote at around 1:50.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Here's my board:

1. Chris Gragg
2. Ricky Wagner
3. Brandon McGee
4. Nickell Robey
5a. Corey Fuller
5b. Marcus Davis

I'll count them up and start the consensus vote at around 1:50.

1 Micah Hyde
2 Kenny Tate
3 Knile Davis
4 Greg Reid
5 Chros Gragg
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brandon McGee 3
Jawan Jamison 2
Keith Pough 2
Vinston Painter 2
Ricky Wagner 3
Jake Knott 1
Corey Fuller 3
Mark Harrison 1
Tanner Hawkinson 1
Nigel Malone 1
Justice Cunningham 1
Michael Williams 1
Braxston Cave 1
Zeke Motta 1
Chris Gragg 2
Nickell Robey 1
Marcus Davis 1
Micah Hyde 1
Kenny Tate 1
Knile Davis 1
Greg Reid 1

Looks like we're voting on McGee, Wagner, and Fuller.

Here's my vote:

1. Ricky Wagner
2. Brandon McGee
3. Corey Fuller

drd23 said he won't be around so this is his vote going of of his board:

1. Brandon McGee
2. Ricky Wagner
3. Corey Fuller (pseudo vote)
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Ricky Wagner
2. Corey Fuller
3. Brandon McGee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: