Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins have signed former Dolphins QB Pat White
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
When's the last time any qb looked bad at a pro day? Come on guys. That tells us nothing about whether Vince Young can handle being an nfl qb.

The Bills didn't keep him as a back up! The BILLS???? They have nothing right now as a qb and they didn't want him.

There is no way we should sign Vince Young. Zero

This is the same Bills team who overpaid Ryan Fitzpatrick who is no longer with them. Who really wants to play for a losing organization? Especially if your sitting on the bench while someone else who is much worst than you is starting. Young had previous personal issue that he admitted to and apologize for his behavior as a teammate and player. Young has done much more on than White onthe feild so for you to be even questioning why some would prefer Young over White is clearly strange to me. Damn do you ever believe in second changes? I would hate to see you caught in a scandal or make a mistake young.
we're not talking about second chances with young. We're talking about like a 10th chance. He was given chance after chance in Tennessee because he was their top 5 pick, goes to Philadelphia and isn't brought back for year 2 and then goes to the Bills and the same thing happens.

This is equivalent to us re-signing Albert Haynesworth?

Do you want to re-sign an Albert Haynesworth? I think that answer is no

Give me the name of the guys that are still in Philly from their Dream Team. Is Young the only one not there? I don't think so. Albert Haynesworth leaving here is more on Shanahan than Albert IMO. He left a 3-4 D to come here and run a 4-3, than Shanahan came in and switch us to the same defensive scheme that Haynesworth obviously didn't want to play in.
those "few" players who aren't in Philly anymore from the failed dream team found jobs somewhere else. Vince young didn't have a job last year and remains unemployed....

Sound familiar? Sound similar to another Titan bust 1st round draft pick?

Albert Hanyesworth is a bum! He never played in a 3-4 before 2010, get your facts straight. He was a malcontent who screwed up our cap for 40 million guaranteed dollars. And he and Hall are the main reason we have a cap penalty right now, it was their bad contracts that Cerrato gave to them in 09 that we are paying for.

Please don't blame Mike Shanahan for what horrible effort and commitment Haynesworth gave this franchise for 2 seasons. He was the mistake, not mike Shanahan who it us our first division championship in 13 years, without Haynesworth.

You just gave my point more life. Why the hell would you change the scheme, if it dosen't fit your best asset on D? Plus other's on the D. Were we not a top 10 or 15 team on D while running the 4-3? Who else on that dream team was a top 5 pick outside of Vick and Young? Who else dealt with the same pressure such as a VY outside of VIck? NO ONE!!!! VY didn't sign with the Eagles to compete for a starting job, he went to get a ring as a bench warmer. Are we really arguing over who's better VY or Pat White? Really??????

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how well he can run the pistol? Laughing
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Give me the name of the guys that are still in Philly from their Dream Team. Is Young the only one not there? I don't think so. Albert Haynesworth leaving here is more on Shanahan than Albert IMO. He left a 3-4 D to come here and run a 4-3, than Shanahan came in and switch us to the same defensive scheme that Haynesworth obviously didn't want to play in.
those "few" players who aren't in Philly anymore from the failed dream team found jobs somewhere else. Vince young didn't have a job last year and remains unemployed....

Albert Hanyesworth is a bum! He never played in a 3-4 before 2010, get your facts straight. He was a malcontent who screwed up our cap for 40 million guaranteed dollars. And he and Hall are the main reason we have a cap penalty right now, it was their bad contracts that Cerrato gave to them in 09 that we are paying for.

Please don't blame Mike Shanahan for what horrible effort and commitment Haynesworth gave this franchise for 2 seasons. He was the mistake, not mike Shanahan who it us our first division championship in 13 years, without Haynesworth.

You just gave my point more life. Why the hell would you change the scheme, if it dosen't fit your best asset on D? Plus other's on the D. Were we not a top 10 or 15 team on D while running the 4-3? Who else on that dream team was a top 5 pick outside of Vick and Young? Who else dealt with the same pressure such as a VY outside of VIck? NO ONE!!!! VY didn't sign with the Eagles to compete for a starting job, he went to get a ring as a bench warmer. Are we really arguing over who's better VY or Pat White? Really??????

When you are getting paid $100M, you can learn to adapt. Haynesworth was lazy and didn't care. Even when he was in a 4-3, he was lazy.

As for Vince Young vs. Pat White, I think this is honestly about a camp arm. If that's the case, White fits the bill more than Young does. Think about it: Pat White is dying for any chance to make a NFL roster. Vince Young is still thinking that he can be a backup with an upside chance of getting some starts.

Neither of these guys is a long term answer; only a short term hold over while Griffin gets healthy.

In the end, I bet its White is cheaper.
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

When you are getting paid $100M, you can learn to adapt. Haynesworth was lazy and didn't care. Even when he was in a 4-3, he was lazy.

As for Vince Young vs. Pat White, I think this is honestly about a camp arm. If that's the case, White fits the bill more than Young does. Think about it: Pat White is dying for any chance to make a NFL roster. Vince Young is still thinking that he can be a backup with an upside chance of getting some starts.

Neither of these guys is a long term answer; only a short term hold over while Griffin gets healthy.

In the end, I bet its White is cheaper.

Whoop There it is! Lol Laughing

But in all seriousness I'll take Pat White over Vince Young anyday. Vince Young will be 30 by the end of May and White just already turned 26 this passed Feb. So that should tell you something, if not than here's another one.

Y on earth would you take a chance on non proven 1st round 5th pick guy who is inconsistent who has a personality issue and now doing a Jamarcus Russell move by losing weight and trying out at pro day in texas to be a backup? Pro day at that?? Dude like serious??!! There was no proday for White and they believed that since he is still younger and now healthier, maybe we can try him out for cheap and Vince Young will not come cheap. And if you get cut by the Bills, Titans and Eagles and still haven't proven your worth? And now you are 30 at Texas proday trying to win a spot on the team? To me that's the end of the line for you because you are beyond your prime..

JS.

HTTR. B.S.H University

P.S. Dream team who play with Vince Young as an Eagle: Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins, Nnamdi and Asante ohh and can't forget DRC and they may not be top 1st round 5th pick but before they left they're team to joining the Eagles??? I believe out 4 of 5 were probowlers. Again JS.. Vince Young is terrible

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
P.S. Dream team who play with Vince Young as an Eagle: Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins, Nnamdi and Asante ohh and can't forget DRC and they may not be top 1st round 5th pick but before they left they're team to joining the Eagles??? I believe out 4 of 5 were probowlers. Again JS.. Vince Young is terrible
yep. That and all those players who's contracts were up or they were cut from the "dream team" this offseason all have found jobs in other places but Vince Young, and there is a reason for that. Those other players are hard working professionals who are reliable, good teammates and organizations, coaches and players can trust them to do the right things on and off the field. No one trusts Vince Young to act like a pro

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
the coaches decide the scheme, not the players. As Woz said and I've said since the day we signed he's lazy, only played hard to get money and when he got his, he quit. He actually did fit the 3-4 scheme and would have made an excellent NT or 3-4 DE if he wanted to do it, but he didn't care and that much is evident because he went to NE, got cut there and now is out of football just like Vince Young.

We aren't talking about how talented these players are. I know they are talented, but talent doesn't matter if you don't work hard, care about your work, your teammates and the game. That's why I didn't want Haynesworth here and that's why I don't want Vince Young. It's the baggage, we don't need any of that around our young players.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good move only because the giants and others teams cannot use him as a read option dummy. Dont see him having a package or anything tho.
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Era Skins wrote:
This is a good move only because the giants and others teams cannot use him as a read option dummy. Dont see him having a package or anything tho.

I could see him being used in the old Banks packages. An RB Read Option trick play situation.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
New Era Skins wrote:

I could see him being used in the old Banks packages. An RB Read Option trick play situation.

I see it as more of keeping players fresh with the read option. I dont think he will see the field, but its more just to keep the players fresh with the idea that when RGIII hits the field, this is what the offense will look like.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So--RGIII starts the season on the PUP list- highly likley. It's the Opening Game of the season,,mid-second quarter Cousins gets his bell rung. Who you want coming in..Pat White or Grossman..
Me--I want Grossman, the veteran.. and P W on the P S
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
So--RGIII starts the season on the PUP list- highly likley. It's the Opening Game of the season,,mid-second quarter Cousins gets his bell rung. Who you want coming in..Pat White or Grossman..

I hope to never see Rex Grossman in a Redskin uniform again. Ill take my shot with Pat White!!!!!!!! At least there is a lil mystery with White. I know exactly what Grossman will do.......throw 3 picks a game!!
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I hope to never see Rex Grossman in a Redskin uniform again. Ill take my shot with Pat White!!!!!!!! At least there is a lil mystery with White. I know exactly what Grossman will do.......throw 3 picks a game!!

And at least one fumble.....

mike23md wrote:
I see it as more of keeping players fresh with the read option. I dont think he will see the field, but its more just to keep the players fresh with the idea that when RGIII hits the field, this is what the offense will look like.

I think that's the biggest reason we signed him.

It also allows us to prep for the Chip Kelly Eagles and the 9ers this year.

I don't think he'll see the field as a starter, but it wouldn't shock me to see him in a package or two every few games.

I do think he makes the final 53 if for no other reason than to keep him away from the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles after he's learned our plays. The Giants were said to be interested because of his ability to emulate RGIII on the Practice Squad.

He cancelled a visit with them a day before he signed with us.

I find it funny that the article goes on to say that the Giants are looking at Hightower and Armstrong. They must really want to figure out a way to stop our Offense or at least learn a few plays.

They have a history of signing ex-Redskins (and to a lesser extent Eagles) for a year, in part I am sure, to find out what they know.
Pierce and LaVar (who were the only starters I can think of)
Ryan Torain (just before we played them in November)
Tim Hasselbeck (a week before we played them a few years ago)
and
Chris Horten are the first to come to mind.

The timing of at least two of the signings has always been a little suspect to me. Torain and Hasselbeck were both signed a week before we played them.
If you're paying for steak, and you get it well done, just order a burger.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont have to worry about Armstrong he just signed with Dallas....LOL
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone on this forum that somehow thinks Pat White is just here as a camp body and will be lucky to make the 53 man roster, needs to re-think their position on the matter.

Stop being naive and start thinking like a coach would.

Why would you bring in a guy to run the Read option/Pistol for the scout team & practices till RG3 is good to go, then just cut the guy loose.

When every coach in the NFL will be salivating to sign Pat White, to not only get their hands on the type of player that many coaches would like to do the same thing with....

But also get a visualization on how to STOP the read option/Pistol as well.

Not to mention, he will have a Redskins Playbook for them to mull over while they pick apart every play and formation we have.

Not only do I think he makes the 53 man roster, but I bet everyone here his contract is for 2 Years or more.

Small contract with very little or zero bonus.

Pat White wants a 2nd chance, but also wants a chance if he does break out, that he can land a much larger deal in the future. But 2 years gives him stability, which is better than what he's had lately.

This is not a camp fodder signing, imo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
you dont have to worry about Armstrong he just signed with Dallas....LOL

I just saw that and was coming here to edit my post! He was a Cowboy last year too, so maybe the Giants were looking at him for some Knowledge of Jerry's Kids.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: