Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers sign former Giants, Rams WR Steve Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how I know you havent watched much tape on Austin and going off of preconceived notions. Austin really improved as a route runner this year and did a ton of work in the middle of the field. I agree that Bailey is a better route runner, but Austin is no slouch.

Austin will be a game changer, we have one of those in Doug Martin and another in V-Jax. All im saying is I wouldnt be upset with the pick of Austin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin is the farthest thing from just a deep threat. I don't see Desean in him at all.

garbage
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin could also take some pressure off Doug Martin so we don't over use him... The offense would be downright explosive... the defense on the other hand would suffer if we dont use the 1st rounder on D
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our D will be fine with the pick of Austin in the 1st, as long as we use at least 6 of the next 7 picks on defense. I'd like to see us add an offensive tackle for depth. We've added solid depth with our signings, but need starters at CB, SLB, and 1 tech DT because I see Landri as a backup 3 tech. If we do trade for Revis with our 2014 1st and 2nd, restructure Wright's deal, then we can get by with selecting a Jonathan Banks or Jamar Taylor in the 2nd.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuccaneersFan34 wrote:
I think our D will be fine with the pick of Austin in the 1st, as long as we use at least 6 of the next 7 picks on defense. I'd like to see us add an offensive tackle for depth. We've added solid depth with our signings, but need starters at CB, SLB, and 1 tech DT because I see Landri as a backup 3 tech. If we do trade for Revis with our 2014 1st and 2nd, restructure Wright's deal, then we can get by with selecting a Jonathan Banks or Jamar Taylor in the 2nd.

But I'm set on Brian Schwenke in the 3rd round Smile
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
BuccaneersFan34 wrote:

I like Schwenke! Man I think I need to do a mock draft soon....

Look at what Desean Jackson did to the NYG in 2010.....that punt return is all the proof I need for Austin at 13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
BuccaneersFan34 wrote:

I like Schwenke! Man I think I need to do a mock draft soon....

Look at what Desean Jackson did to the NYG in 2010.....that punt return is all the proof I need for Austin at 13

I think he's significantly more like Percy Harvin than he is desean but with a build in between. He can run good but not great routes- has great hands and vision and elite speed. By showing his versatility in the backfield this year I think he'd be a great addition to our roster. We honestly don't have anyone that's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball...austin is that threat
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Austin will be better than Cobb. And I'd offer a 2nd+ for Cobb.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have Cobb. He's proven talent while Austin is all hype right now plus Cobb is 5'10 190+ while Austin is 5'8 170. I wonder if his body can take the hits. Btw I'm against the taking WR 1st round I'd rather have Eifert over Austin.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I think Austin will be better than Cobb. And I'd offer a 2nd+ for Cobb.

Exactly! He gets it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get the love affair with Austin. Not trying to "hate" here, I just don't see him as anything special. He is one of these 170 pound little jitterbugs who flourish in college, especially in his system at WVU that got him the ball on a ton of screens, quick passes, etc. I just don't get why this guy is suddenly a top 15 pick..someone sell him to me.

DISCLAIMER: I'm also the idiot who said this:

tml_gogo from long, long ago wrote:
I'm sorry, I just see absolutely no point in drafting a kick returner in the 1st round, no matter how stupid the Dolphins are.

...about Desean Jackson. So take everything with a grain of salt. A big grain.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I really don't get the love affair with Austin. Not trying to "hate" here, I just don't see him as anything special. He is one of these 170 pound little jitterbugs who flourish in college, especially in his system at WVU that got him the ball on a ton of screens, quick passes, etc. I just don't get why this guy is suddenly a top 15 pick..someone sell him to me.

DISCLAIMER: I'm also the idiot who said this:

tml_gogo from long, long ago wrote:
I'm sorry, I just see absolutely no point in drafting a kick returner in the 1st round, no matter how stupid the Dolphins are.

...about Desean Jackson. So take everything with a grain of salt. A big grain.

I'm with you. Lets see his size translate to the nfl. At 13 it's a bit of a risk to take a slot wr. Can he pop ba k up from a hit?

Edit: we don't run consistent 3 wr sets so having Austin on te bench would provide what ? Schiano still loves to run the ball.

Last edited by REDandPEWTER on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we would run more 3 we sets if we actually had a 3rd wr!

The Giants ran it a ton with both Smith and now Cruz.

Also he won't "just" play the slot. He would take both punt and kick return duties over as well as take a few snaps out of the backfield.

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Also he won't "just" play the slot. He would take both punt and kick return duties over as well as take a few snaps out of the backfield.

How do you know he would take snaps at rb? Also with the new kick off rules I tact that isn't as high of a value here.

When you take a slot wr at 13 you run the risk of Ted Ginn jr. He was just as good as Austin in college as well. Not saying Austin is Ted Ginn. The risk is there.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

How do you know he would take snaps at rb? Also with the new kick off rules I tact that isn't as high of a value here.

When you take a slot wr at 13 you run the risk of Ted Ginn jr. He was just as good as Austin in college as well. Not saying Austin is Ted Ginn. The risk is there.

When you select a qb 1st overall you run the risk of JaMarcus Russell... Confused

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: