Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where need meets value mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Where need meets value mock Reply with quote

We end up signing DHB to a 3 year contract

1- Ezekiel Ansah: while some may view this as a risky selection, I don't think it's as risky for our team considering we run the wide-9. The wide-9 is predicated on freakish athleticism, which Ansah has loads of. This is the perfect system for him to flourish in, and the Lions have shown that they love freak athletes. His versatility will be valuable too, and will allow Gunther to be more creative on the defensive front. All in all I think the Lions will have a specific role for him in our system, and he will continue to get better with time.

2- Damontre Moore: Moore has a dramatic fall, and the Lions see too much value to pass up on him. He is by far the highest rated prospect on their board, and the value is too good to pass up despite selecting Ansah in the 1st.

3- Sio Moore: Moore has good measurables and is fit for a OLB role in our offense. He will win the starting job this year, and will continue to improve.

4- Khaled Holmes: will be groomed under Raiola for a year and be ready to take over next year

5- Tyrann Mathieu: bound to be a conterversial pick, but in the 5th round there is little risk involved with a potential high reward. We pick him to be our KR, and choose him over Ace Sanders because of his upside

6- Knile Davis: immediately takes Bell's role, durability is an issue but the upside is worth it for a 6th round selection

7- Brad Wing: fixes our punting woes

7- Kyle Jusczcyk: the staff realized the importance of a FB last year when Reiff manned the position, they fill the void with this guy

Controversial, high upside mock where everyone has potential to make an impact this year (with the exception of Holmes and maybe Davis)

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
Lol, a little late to the party?
SuhPlex wrote:
3- Sio Moore: Moore has good measurables and is fit for a OLB role in our offense. He will win the starting job this year, and will continue to improve.
Wait, but we've drafted 3 young LBer's over the past two drafts, won't this render them useless???
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
SuhPlex wrote:
Wait, but we've drafted 3 young LBer's over the past two drafts, won't this render them useless???
Please keep up style. He said he fits our offense. Wink

Sig bet
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
SuhPlex wrote:
Please keep up style. He said he fits our offense. Wink
Lol
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
SuhPlex wrote:

Whitehead and Lewis are the only young LB's on the roster, if we had 3 currently on the roster I would agree, but we don't

detfan782004 wrote:

wut
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
SuhPlex wrote:

Whitehead and Lewis are the only young LB's on the roster, if we had 3 currently on the roster I would agree, but we don't
Don't they deserve the same opportunity to play that the corners do? Besides, we have two starting LBs, we only need one more and you wanna force three young LBers to compete for the one spot?

Whereas with our corners, there will be many occasions where three will be on the field together, and we only have one starting caliber corner for sure which leaves two more roles that need to be filled.

Inconsistent.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
SuhPlex wrote:

Don't they deserve the same opportunity to play that the corners do? Besides, we have two starting LBs, we only need one more and you wanna force three young LBers to compete for the one spot?

Whereas with our corners, there will be many occasions where three will be on the field together, and we only have one starting caliber corner for sure which leaves two more roles that need to be filled.

Inconsistent.

You're trying to point out hypocrisy in my views, but you don't understand my stance on our corners. I said:

Quote:
you wait and see because you made an investment in the players, and if you draft another CB it renders one of those investments obsolete. Had we only drafted 2 CB's, I would be okay with drafting another this year, but that isn't the case.

We have two sophomore LB's, so just like I said I'd be okay with drafting a CB if we had two, I support drafting a LB

I also said:

Quote:
Like I said previously, I would be all for signing a veteran presence to play our #2 while these guys develop behind him. That would be ideal IMO.

In other words, my argument wasn't about playing time. My argument was:

Quote:
we cannot afford to put more draft resources into one position. It would essentially make one of our young players the "odd man out"

and drafting another LB doesn't make one of our investments from last year an "odd man out."

You can disagree, but I'm not being inconsistent with my views.

detfan782004 wrote:

wut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: