Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A pathetic piece of crap I put together: thank you Flacco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: A pathetic piece of crap I put together: thank you Flacco Reply with quote

Notable Departures:
LB Ray Lewis
FS Ed Reed
WR Anquan Boldin
LB Dannell Ellerbe
LB Paul Kruger
CB Cary Williams
SS Bernard Pollard
C Matt Birk

Notable Free Agent Signings:
DE/OLB Elvis Dumervil - 5yrs/$35M
FS Michael Huff - 3yrs/$6M
DL Chris Canty - 3yrs/$8M
DL Marcus Spears - 2yrs/$3.55M

*OT Bryant McKinnie re-signs, 2yrs/$5M

2013 Baltimore Ravens Draft

*TRADE*
- Ravens trade 1st round selection (#32) and 4th round selection (#129) to the Jets for their 2nd round selection (#39) and 3rd round selection (#72)
Why: New York sneaks into the bottom of the first round to nab their franchise quarterback of the future in Ryan Nassib. Baltimore adds more picks to their arsenal, as always. Classic move.

Round 2, pick #39, via trade w/NYJ
Matt Elam - SS - Florida - 5'10 - 208

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREjDTpTedE

Round 2, pick 62
Khaseem Greene - ILB - Rutgers - 6'1 - 241

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhb83_ASFuk

Round 3, pick 72, via trade w/NYJ
Terrance Williams - WR - Baylor - 6'2 - 208

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep3ASYyhUB4

Round 3, pick 94
Tyrann Mathieu - CB - LSU - 5'9 - 186

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnAAonHPavE

Round 4, pick 130, Compensatory
Reid Fragel - OT - Ohio State - 6'8 - 308

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWq4N4SrvTg

Round 5, pick 165
T.J. Barnes - NT - Georgia Tech - 6'6 - 369

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvq-kG-RzzM

Round 5, pick 168, Compensatory
Chris Gragg - TE - Arkansas - 6'3 - 244

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_hU0uwtQOY

Round 6, pick 199, via trade w/SF
Quanterus Smith - DE/OLB - Western Kentucky - 6'5 - 250

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMfdLoDkpmQ

Round 6, pick 200
Earl Watford - OG - James Madison - 6'3 - 300

Round 6, pick 203, Compensatory
Tommy Bohanon - FB - Wake Forest - 6'1 - 246

Round 7, pick 238
Brandon Hepburn - ILB - Florida A&M - 6'2 - 240

Round 7, pick 247, Compensatory
Onterio McCalebb - RB - Auburn - 5'10 - 168

DEPTH CHART
QB: Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Onterio McCalebb
FB: Vonta Leach, Tommy Bohanon
WR: Torrey Smith, Terrance Williams, Jacoby Jones, Tandon Doss, Deonte Thompson
TE: Dennis Pitta, Ed Dickson, Chris Gragg
LT: Bryant McKinnie, Reid Fragel
LG: Kelechi Osemele, Jah Reid
C: Gino Gradkowski,
RG: Marshall Yanda, Earl Watford
RT: Michael Oher, Ramone Harewood

LE: Arthur Jones, Pernell McPhee
NT: Haloti Ngata, Terrence Cody, T.J. Barnes
RE: Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, DeAngelo Tyson
LOLB: Elvis Dumervil, Courtney Upshaw
ILB: Albert McClellan, Josh Bynes, Brandon Hepburn
ILB: Khaseem Greene, Jameel McClain,
ROLB: Terrell Suggs, Quanterus Smith
CB: Lardarius Webb, Jimmy Smith, Corey Graham, Tyrann Mathieu, Chykie Brown
FS: Michael Huff, Christian Thompson
SS: Matt Elam, James Ihedigbo

WASSUP?

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
Anubiz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really, really, really low on Elam so seeing your mock start that way was just disappointing for me.

Sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with you until Mathieu.

Not a shot and he's really has no place on our team.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overall not bad i think im in the minority but i love the Tyrann pick i think in the end of the thrid would be great. He is a playmaker plain ans simple and if it wasnt for his issues he would be a first round talent. i think he could step into the nickle or even sit back for a year and prove himself to the players and coaching staff. ppl say we dont have leadership anymore but i think Suggs Ngata Rice and Webb in the secondary will hold him accountable and hopefully teach him to be a good respectable player. that said i dont think the ravens will get him especially with how they are letting go of "troublemakers".
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

santiagomn8 wrote:
overall not bad i think im in the minority but i love the Tyrann pick i think in the end of the thrid would be great. He is a playmaker plain ans simple and if it wasnt for his issues he would be a first round talent. i think he could step into the nickle or even sit back for a year and prove himself to the players and coaching staff. ppl say we dont have leadership anymore but i think Suggs Ngata Rice and Webb in the secondary will hold him accountable and hopefully teach him to be a good respectable player. that said i dont think the ravens will get him especially with how they are letting go of "troublemakers".

Personally I feel that the "troublemakers" angle is way overplayed. Other than pollard, I think the ravens would have been thrilled to have those guys back at a decent price as evidenced by making an offer to extend boldin and resign reed. Something pushed by guys like mike Preston IMO to push/manufacture controversy following the sb. The pft article citing Preston's column regarding reed is pure garbage btw. Citing a column as a "report" is pretty [inappropriate/removed] poor journalism. Pft has been pushing this story as well iirc.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE this draft. Dancing
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I was with you until Mathieu.

Not a shot and he's really has no place on our team.

Yep. I like just about all of the picks besides Mathieu. Elam, Greene, and Williams would be nice additions with the first three picks. Williams is more of a vertical receiver than a guy that works the short/intermediate area of the field but I like him for the Ravens anyways. Mathieu... smh. Baltimore doesn't need a slot CB. Especially on that's not fast, on the smaller side, and has his kind of off-field issues. Fragel is an alright developmental LT prospect. Barnes is meh. If/when Ngata plays more NT I don't see the need for another one of those behind Cody. Gragg and Smith are real nice depth picks at that point. I don't know much about the last four prospects except that McCalebb is fast but the positions seem alright (besides a FB in the 6th).
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Williams is a guy I'm really starting to like. I really don't understand how he is being considered a 3rd round pick. His size speed and production should make him a first round talent but for whatever reason in the eyes of evaluators it doesn't. The guy almost averaged 20 yards a catch on 97 catches. I mean has that ever even been done??? You watch his tape and he seems to always beat man to man coverage. Switch Elam for Eric Reid and Im completely on board with the first three picks. I don't think Elam has the size to play SS on the next level and with the Huff addition i think thats what we need. Not to mention you also picked up mathieu who i think is a guy who eventually could be a free safety.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
Terrance Williams is a guy I'm really starting to like. I really don't understand how he is being considered a 3rd round pick. His size speed and production should make him a first round talent but for whatever reason in the eyes of evaluators it doesn't. The guy almost averaged 20 yards a catch on 97 catches. I mean has that ever even been done??? You watch his tape and he seems to always beat man to man coverage. Switch Elam for Eric Reid and Im completely on board with the first three picks. I don't think Elam has the size to play SS on the next level and with the Huff addition i think thats what we need. Not to mention you also picked up mathieu who i think is a guy who eventually could be a free safety.

Elam possesses a similar size and skillset to Troy Polamalu, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to operate as a SS at this level. In fact, with Huff being able to cover TEs effectively, it should really limit my #1 concern for Elam at the next level, covering big bodied TEs.

But there's no question that Elam is the biggest playmaking safety in this draft class- both IMO and statistically speaking. His amount of TFL, PDs, INTs, FFs, etc. are either the best or around the best this class has to offer.

I know I've flip-flopped on my favorite safety this class has to offer (because I'm a fan of this class) but with Huff in tow and him being able to play both FS and SS responsibilities, I think whoever the front office deems to be the best safety could make a lot of sense with our first pick. Be it Elam or Cyprien.

In terms of the mock. I'm in the same boat as c0 and Flaccomania... as usual. I was with it until Mathieu.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

Elam possesses a similar size and skillset to Troy Polamalu, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to operate as a SS at this level. In fact, with Huff being able to cover TEs effectively, it should really limit my #1 concern for Elam at the next level, covering big bodied TEs.

But there's no question that Elam is the biggest playmaking safety in this draft class- both IMO and statistically speaking. His amount of TFL, PDs, INTs, FFs, etc. are either the best or around the best this class has to offer.

I know I've flip-flopped on my favorite safety this class has to offer (because I'm a fan of this class) but with Huff in tow and him being able to play both FS and SS responsibilities, I think whoever the front office deems to be the best safety could make a lot of sense with our first pick. Be it Elam or Cyprien.

In terms of the mock. I'm in the same boat as c0 and Flaccomania... as usual. I was with it until Mathieu.

For me its more of a preference thing, I prefer my SS on the bigger side. Elam definitely isn't a slouch but I believe Reid has the higher ceiling. He is bigger, faster, stronger and I believe would have been a first rounder if LSU didn't have to overhaul their secondary with the losses of Mathieu, Claiborne and Brandon Taylor.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:

For me its more of a preference thing, I prefer my SS on the bigger side. Elam definitely isn't a slouch but I believe Reid has the higher ceiling. He is bigger, faster, stronger and I believe would have been a first rounder if LSU didn't have to overhaul their secondary with the losses of Mathieu, Claiborne and Brandon Taylor.

If he needs other great players to help him to stand out then I don't agree that he would've been a first rounder. LSU still has plenty of talent in their program, as much as Florida has to work with FTMP. So Reid looking worse than Elam isn't really affected by who plays around them. LSU also had a more disruptive front 7, so that should have helped Reid more.

And the above would only be in theory. After watching film on Reid and seeing his mediocre instincts and his poor angles, it makes his speed useless. In football, you're only as fast as you can react.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

If he needs other great players to help him to stand out then I don't agree that he would've been a first rounder. LSU still has plenty of talent in their program, as much as Florida has to work with FTMP. So Reid looking worse than Elam isn't really affected by who plays around them. LSU also had a more disruptive front 7, so that should have helped Reid more.

And the above would only be in theory. After watching film on Reid and seeing his mediocre instincts and his poor angles, it makes his speed useless. In football, you're only as fast as you can react.

Secondary moreso than any defensive position is about trust. If you don't trust the people you play with to do their job you may try to do too much which causes your job to suffer. I feel that was the case with Reid, he tried to compensate for three first time starters who while talented clearly were thrust into action prematurely. I think taking Elam over Reid might not show up as a mistake initially but with proper coaching I believe Reid can be a elite type player whereas Elam has a borderline pro bowl ceiling.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a CB is going to be taken in the third, give me B.W. Webb. I've had us taking Mathieu in one of my mocks in the past... but that was when he was being projected to go in the 6th and even then I didn't want to take him.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:

Secondary moreso than any defensive position is about trust. If you don't trust the people you play with to do their job you may try to do too much which causes your job to suffer. I feel that was the case with Reid, he tried to compensate for three first time starters who while talented clearly were thrust into action prematurely. I think taking Elam over Reid might not show up as a mistake initially but with proper coaching I believe Reid can be a elite type player whereas Elam has a borderline pro bowl ceiling.

I disagree. Trust is important, but instincts is more important. Also trust has nothing to do with Reid consistently taking bad angles to the football.

Furthermore, if Reid's elite ceiling is dictated on his elite measurables, than what makes him any better than say... TJ McDonald. Both players have similar measurables in every facet. And if one is to assume that trusting in the talent on your defense effects ones ability to perform, than McDonald should theoretically be considered the better player just based off of the talent that USC has had to work with given the Reggie Bush sanctions still having effected their ability to recruit talent for a few years and their team talent has paid the price. McDonald has less secondary and front 7 talent to aid him than Reid, yet he still manages to take good angles to the football and make more plays.

What about a Jonathan Cyprien, he most definitely plays with less talent. If readiness and talent both equate to trust, even if we assume his teammates are more prepared to start than those at LSU, their lack of talent in comparison should equate to a similar result in trust. Cyprien makes more plays than Reid.

So either Elam, McDonald, and Cyprien... simply are genetically built (or perhaps it's nurture?) to trust their in their teammates more than Reid or one can only assume that they have better football instincts and are smarter football players than Reid... which allows them to make more plays.

Lastly, Reid had his most productive season yet at LSU. So it's not like he experienced a let down in his production due to less talent.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

I disagree. Trust is important, but instincts is more important. Also trust has nothing to do with Reid consistently taking bad angles to the football.

Furthermore, if Reid's elite ceiling is dictated on his elite measurables, than what makes him any better than say... TJ McDonald. Both players have similar measurables in every facet. And if one is to assume that trusting in the talent on your defense effects ones ability to perform, than McDonald should theoretically be considered the better player just based off of the talent that USC has had to work with given the Reggie Bush sanctions still having effected their ability to recruit talent for a few years and their team talent has paid the price. McDonald has less secondary and front 7 talent to aid him than Reid, yet he still manages to take good angles to the football and make more plays.

What about a Jonathan Cyprien, he most definitely plays with less talent. If readiness and talent both equate to trust, even if we assume his teammates are more prepared to start than those at LSU, their lack of talent in comparison should equate to a similar result in trust. Cyprien makes more plays than Reid.

So either Elam, McDonald, and Cyprien... simply are genetically built (or perhaps it's nurture?) to trust their in their teammates more than Reid or one can only assume that they have better football instincts and are smarter football players than Reid... which allows them to make more plays.

Lastly, Reid had his most productive season yet at LSU. So it's not like he experienced a let down in his production due to less talent.

Well IMO Reid's sophomore tape is the best of all of the players. That doesn't excuse this year but it does show that when asked to execute a specific role he executed the best. I think the strength of our coaching staff is highlighting individuals skill sets that's why I believe Reid should be the best fit for us. I think we would know how to maximize his potential.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: