Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you draft #11?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you draft #11?
QB EJ Manuel, Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
QB Matt Barkley, Southern California
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR Keenan Allen, California
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
T Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
DT Sheldon Richardson, Missourri
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
DE Datone Jones, UCLA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
S Kenny Vacarro, Texas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other player, post your choice below
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

PackMan22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Who do you draft #11? Reply with quote

The draft has gone this way so far:

1. Kansas City- T Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville- QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
3. Oakland- T Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
4. Philadelphia- DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
5. Detroit- CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
6. Cleveland- LB Dion Jordan, Oregon
7. Arizona- G Chance Warmack, Alabama
8. Buffalo- WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
9. New York- DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young
10. Tennessee- G Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

If you stay at this spot and don't trade out, who do you draft?

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Zappaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a no-brainer to me, we have to take the OT even with some very good talent available on the D side of the ball. If we cannot protect Rivers and open running lanes for Mathews then we will continue to lose.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go Mingo...I dont think Lane Johnson is any better than some of the second round guys, he's athletic as all hell, but really weak and is really bad on tape (for all those that are gonna claim that he had a great sr bowl, go watch it, there was plenty of times Buchanon destroyed him off the edge...). Just overall, Mingo presents more value to me than any guys on the board.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vote for Floyd is based purely on BPA over need, right?

Duffman57 wrote:
I'd go Mingo...I dont think Lane Johnson is any better than some of the second round guys, he's athletic as all hell, but really weak and is really bad on tape (for all those that are gonna claim that he had a great sr bowl, go watch it, there was plenty of times Buchanon destroyed him off the edge...). Just overall, Mingo presents more value to me than any guys on the board.

This seems very plausible. Out of curiosity, who do you think they would target in the second round?
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:

Duffman57 wrote:

This seems very plausible. Out of curiosity, who do you think they would target in the second round?

Personally i'd be alright with Terron Armstead (who i really see few differences between him and Lane other than an inch and being a little thicker), Menalik Watson, maybe Kyle Long. I also like Jordan Mills in the 3rd from what i've heard about him, and even Xavier Nixon in the 4th or 5th if the teams convinced he's got his head screwed on strait.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:

Duffman57 wrote:

I don't know who would vote for Floyd, he just literally has no place in this defense with Liuget and Reyes.

Terron is really small and I don't think he's going to be able to play like Lane can day 1. I don't see this really abd Lane tape Duffman, he always looks solid to me....

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
lakeroy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Neutral wrote:

Duffman57 wrote:

Personally i'd be alright with Terron Armstead (who i really see few differences between him and Lane other than an inch and being a little thicker), Menalik Watson, maybe Kyle Long. I also like Jordan Mills in the 3rd from what i've heard about him, and even Xavier Nixon in the 4th or 5th if the teams convinced he's got his head screwed on strait.
Watson will probably go in the 1st round. Chris Faulk would be another option in the mid rounds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the need is as glaring as it is you have to fill the need. We have not addressed the position so we have to go with the option that preserves our 93 million dollar investment in Rivers. Without Rivers we are in full on rebuild with no chance at a championship.

Furthermore I am completely unimpressed with LSU players on our roster. They are poor value due to the extreme talent disparity just like USC. Poor value. Mingo is another Glenn Dorsey. Tons of hype and then contributor level production.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
When the need is as glaring as it is you have to fill the need. We have not addressed the position so we have to go with the option that preserves our 93 million dollar investment in Rivers. Without Rivers we are in full on rebuild with no chance at a championship.

Furthermore I am completely unimpressed with LSU players on our roster. They are poor value due to the extreme talent disparity just like USC. Poor value. Mingo is another Glenn Dorsey. Tons of hype and then contributor level production.

You can't say because one LSU player sucks, the rest will. That's terrible logic. Glenn Dorsey had many scheme and injury issues. Mingo has his own issues, but he doesn't compare to Dorsey at all.... Laughing

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
sanitizer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane Johnson for me. I think if you get a chance to get a franchise LT, and it fits a need, then you take him.

I also agree with Bolstrikes (I think), in regards to LSU talent. They're very well coached, and always are loaded with great college talent on the defensive side of the ball. Not saying I hate Mingo, but the overall talent around him, I think, helps him get better numbers.
PackMan22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Floyd. I vote BPA regardless of scheme or team positional needs.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Neutral wrote:

Duffman57 wrote:

I don't know who would vote for Floyd, he just literally has no place in this defense with Liuget and Reyes.

Terron is really small and I don't think he's going to be able to play like Lane can day 1. I don't see this really abd Lane tape Duffman, he always looks solid to me....

Armstead was an inch shorter and 3lbs heavier than Johnson....

I guess i just dont see anything that significantly separates Johnson from Armstead and the rest of the 2nd round guys. I'm not sure i buy Watson in the first round.

A couple of big flaws i noticed in his game is a lot mental based, opening his hips right off the snap a ton, not passing guys on or taking guys that the OG hands off. Awareness stuff. And one of the biggest things is his playing strength is horrible, doesn't get any push.

Just watching Lane he plays really weak, guys will beat him with any sort of a bull rush or if they can match his athleticism, which is just about any top pass rusher in the NFL. Hali, Von will make work of him twice a year.

MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:

He has zero fit here.

#JDI
PackMan22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:

He has zero fit here.

Right. And I voted regardless of that.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:

He has zero fit here.

Right. And I voted regardless of that.

Then your logic is flawed. There's fitting scheme to highly talented players, but you do so when it doesn't require scheming to the detriment of high-talent, productive players already on your roster. The value in "best player available" is notably affected by how well the particular player fits to the scheme a team implements; ad when teams draft on "BPA" it's very rarely a strict Best Player Available in a holistic sense, rather a Best Player Available FOR THEIR TEAM.

Floyd's not a great fit for 5-tech, particularly in the scheme we run, and even if he was investing yet another 1st round selection in the 5-tech position would likely necessitate kicking Corey Liuget inside to the 0-Tech/NT position, which is a suspect move at best.

Other question: If you were dead set on doing what YOU wanted to do no matter what, what exactly was your motivation for soliciting opinions from the fan base in this sub-forum? Stroking your own ego?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: