Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Kansas City Chiefs GM Mock Draft R1-P1 Trade Offers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: 2013 Kansas City Chiefs GM Mock Draft R1-P1 Trade Offers Reply with quote

Well, it is finally here!

Roger Goodell walks across the stage at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City and introduces the 2013 NFL draft. The audience erupts in applause and after a short pause officially begins the draft process by announcing that the Kansas City Chiefs are officially on the clock with the first pick in the 2013 NFL draft.

There have been several teams that have shown interest prior to the draft in trading up to the #1 spot. Now that the Chiefs are on the clock, the real offers start coming in to the Kansas City war room. The decision is yours on what the team will do.

Trade Offer #1 : The New York Jets are offering their 2013 first round pick (#9), their 2013 third round pick (#72), a 2014 first round draft pick, and a 2014 third round draft pick to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for their 2013 first round pick (#1).

Trade Offer #2 : The Philadelphia Eagles are offering their 2013 first round draft pick (#4) and their 2013 second round draft pick (#35) to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for their 2013 first round draft pick (#1).

Trade Offer #3 : The Arizona Cardinals are offering their 2013 first round draft pick (#7), their 2013 third round draft pick (#69), and a 2014 second round draft pick to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for their 2013 first round draft pick (#1).

Trade Offer #4 : The Jacksonville Jaguars are offering their 2013 first round draft pick (#2), their 2013 fourth round draft pick (#98 ), and a 2014 third round draft pick to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for their 2013 first round draft pick (#1).

Trade Offer #5 : The Buffalo Bills are offering their 2013 first round draft pick (#8 ), their 2013 second round draft pick (#41), and a 2014 fourth round draft pick to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for their 2013 first round draft pick (#1).

Instructions
I thought better of making this GM Mock Draft a poll option type of draft and instead would like KC posters to include either your vote of acceptance of one of the trade offers or indicate Reject trade offers and make selection at pick #1 if that is the option you would prefer. To expedite the process there won't be any counter offers - it is simply accept one of the offers or stay at the current slot. Feel free to provide some feedback on why you are making your vote one way or another. I won't give any hints on what players the other teams could be targeting just to keep an air of uncertainty.

Based on the number of votes one way or another the draft will proceed until our next pick or if the majority wish to select at pick #1, I will have a pick selection vote for pick #1.

If you are a KC fan, irregardless of whether you indicated you wanted to take part in this or not, feel free to provide your vote!!

Options for this vote :
Accept trade Offer #1
Accept trade Offer #2
Accept trade Offer #3
Accept trade Offer #4
Accept trade Offer #5
Reject trade offers and make selection at pick #1

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ChrisSmith1987

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option 1 please

there is enough talent from 1-15... I feel we can drop down to #9 and get a impact player (Star or Cooper/Warmack).... the big winner for me is the 2014 1st round pick.... the Jets are going to suck for awhile.... Give me another high draft pick. We could potentially use it to trade back up into the first round and Snag Manti Te'o.....
Rumless

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take offer 2.

#4 still puts us in the range of Dion Jordan (or Ansah, if you're part of that crowd), while giving us a nice pick in the second, which we can likely use to acquire a starter.

Obviously #1 is the most value-laden. I rejected it for two reasons: one, this would be an awful, awful trade for the Jets and I can't imagine Idzik making it. Two, didn't want to drop down that far.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade offer 1. I love next years 1st.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Jamaal Charles
Carries:42/Yds:195/TD:1/YPC:4.6
Rec:9/Yds:43/TD:2
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with Rummy that it seems unlikely the Jets would offer that, but the first next year is what I personally would put as my #1 goal in trading back, so that's what I'll take (option 1). Also the two 3rds go a long way towards making us whole after the Smith deal.

Oh, and at #9 you should still have solid options like Johnson, Rhodes, Jones, or even Star if some folks projections are right.

^ryknowssd on the sig
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I tend to agree with Rummy that it seems unlikely the Jets would offer that, but the first next year is what I personally would put as my #1 goal in trading back, so that's what I'll take (option 1). Also the two 3rds go a long way towards making us whole after the Smith deal.

Oh, and at #9 you should still have solid options like Johnson, Rhodes, Jones, or even Star if some folks projections are right.

I second this. I doubt NYJ gives up this much, but who knows. I would of doubted Washington giving up as much as they did. So I am going with Option 1.
Punts:20 Net Yards:850 Net AVG:42.5 In20:11 Lng:64
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
I would take offer 2.

#4 still puts us in the range of Dion Jordan (or Ansah, if you're part of that crowd), while giving us a nice pick in the second, which we can likely use to acquire a starter.

Obviously #1 is the most value-laden. I rejected it for two reasons: one, this would be an awful, awful trade for the Jets and I can't imagine Idzik making it. Two, didn't want to drop down that far.

Desmond, you seem to miss the intent. This is a hypothetical scenario so to not vote for an option simply because you don't feel it is realistic kind of defeats the purpose of something like this. Just sayin'.

ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough call for me between option #1 and #2. Hmm. Option #1 after a little deliberation for me. That 2014 1st rounder is too tough to pass up.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option 1

This is awesome Nic! Pretty excited for how this plays out.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option one, All Day Every Day. Next Years First ToO Good to pass.
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Option one, All Day Every Day. Next Years First ToO Good to pass.

^^^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. #1. Hate to move down that far and still not get a 2nd round pick but having 3 3rd rounders would be a good option this year. W/having 2 3rd round picks this team CAN possibly trade, should be able to try and move back into the 2nd somewhere. The plus of course is the 2 extra picks next year and one of them being a 1st rounder. Kind of a no-brainer, just a bit. LOL
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like it is pretty much unanimous on trading with the New York Jets.

The Kansas City Chiefs have formally accepted the trade offer from the New York Jets and it has been sent in to the commissioner.

Quote:
The New York Jets have traded their 2013 first round pick (#9), their 2013 third round pick (#72), a 2014 first round draft pick, and a 2014 third round draft pick to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for their 2013 first round pick (#1).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: