Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I did not get paid to mock on Easter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: I did not get paid to mock on Easter Reply with quote

Free Agents:
G Brandon Moore-Great stopgap at RG

Darrius Hayward-Bey-DHB was over-drafted but is talented and has by most reports worked hard at his craft. He could improve imply by being part of a more consistent offensive system.

DT Alan Branch-A big run stopper to help replace Hillís production.

K Jason Hanson-Das Boot!

Draft:

**the St. Louis Rams trade disgruntled OT Roger Saffold, the 16th overall pick, and the 78th pick for the Detroit Lions 5th overall pick.** (Rams grab a replacement for Saffold to ensure Bradford is upright.)

**The San Francisco 49ers trade the 31st pick, the 61st pick, and the 74th pick for the Detroit Lions 16th pick (The 49ers desperately need to upgrade their Safety position and have a plethora of picks. They move up to grab Kenny Vaccaro)

1(31): CB Desmond Trufant- Trufant will be the last CB on the board with whom I am comfortable starting Day 1. There is a chance he could be gone by this point but it is far from certain.

2(36): TE Tyler Eiffert- BPA strikes, I understand many will be up in arms over this pick but TE is a need. Pettigrew is inconsistent, Scheftler played poorly last season when we needed him most, and both have expiring contracts. These factors combined with how much we target our TEs make a solid addition necessary.

2(61): DT Kawaan Short- BPA strikes again, Many would say that DT is a luxury pick but our defense depends on quality DT play and we lost all of our depth. Short is a steal at this point.

3(65): S Eric Reid-He was once considered the top safety in this draft but had a down year. Still, he is extremely gifted and could make an impact on ST and provide valuable depth.

3(74): OC/OG Travis Frederick-Raiola is going to be on a short leash and Nagy is not proven. The Lions could look for an additional body to compete for the OC spot or Frederick could replace Brandon Moore in a year.

3(7Cool: LB Kiko Alonso-The Lions drafted 2 linebackers last year but they should not rely on them. Alonso can provide depth at all three LB spots, help on ST, and compete for the open LB spot.

4(133): DE Cornelius Washington-Washington could very well be gone by this point. He is, IMO, a lot like Ansah. He was slightly misused in an ultra-talented Georgia defense. He could very easily make an immediate impact in the wide-9 under Washburn tutelage.

5(137): DE Devin Taylor-Similar to Washington, may be gone by this point. He would also make an immediate impact in the wide 9 simply pinning his ears back.

**The Detroit Lions trade their 6th and 7th round picks to the Washington Redskins for their 5th round pick.

5(154): P Jeff Locke- The Lions need a Punter. Gil Brandt said Locke is every bit as good as Bryan Anger.

7: FB Kyle Juszczyk- Reiff and Heller will no longer be around to play FB. Enter Havard Alum.

UDFA
RB/WR Sam McGuffie- Potential insurance again a Reggie Bush injury.

QB: Stafford, Hill
RB: Bush, Leshoure, Bell
FB: Juszczyk
TE: Pettigrew, Scheftler, Eiffert
WR: Megatron, D. Thomas
WR: DHB, Burleson
SL: M. Thomas, Broyles
LT: Saffold, Fox
LG: Sims
OC: Raiola, Frederick, Nagy
RG: Moore, Frederick, Nagy
RT: Reiff, Hillard

Players who could make offense not listed: P. Edwards, K. Durham, K. Osgood, S. McGuffie, R. Austin, K. Moore

Canidates for cuts: Juszczyk, D. Thomas, T. Scheftler, M. Thomas

RE: Young, Lewis, Washington
DT: Suh, Short
DT: Fairley, Williams
LE: Jones, Taylor
RLB: Levy, Whitehead
MLB: Tulloch, Alonso
LLB: Palmer, Lewis
RCB: Trufant, Greenwood
FS: Delmas, Reid
SS: Quin, Carey, Wendling
LCB: Houston, Greene
NB: Bentley

P:Locke
K: Hanson
LS: Mulback

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO, you spoofed my mock!
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like it..
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Short and would switch Saffold and Reiff so Reiff is at LT. I also don't like trading up for a punter. There are 4 worthy punters in this draft and one will be there for our 6th and or 7th. The rest is solid.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LMAO, you spoofed my mock!

I came on to post my mock and had no idea what to name it. I saw yours and figured I would just name it the opposite without looking at it....who would have thought they would be so similar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Trufant is the 2nd best corner in this draft, but not high on Reid, especially not in the 2nd.
1King

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this one better than stylish's, but I dont think Trufant lasts until 31 and while I like Short and Eifert is okay, I'm not thrilled with taking a TE or DT that high.

I like Reid, Frederick and the two DE's though.

Probably a B-/C+.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I think Trufant is the 2nd best corner in this draft, but not high on Reid, especially not in the 2nd.

Reid I have in the 3rd I think. I would be just as happy taking Phillip Thomas, Rambo, or Shamarko. I went with Reid solely for upside and the immediate impact I see his athleticism making on ST. I think the top three are all pretty much on par when it comes to corners.

Quote:
I don't like Short and would switch Saffold and Reiff so Reiff is at LT. I also don't like trading up for a punter. There are 4 worthy punters in this draft and one will be there for our 6th and or 7th. The rest is solid.

I think those are all fair points. I went with the trade up for the punter because A) I figured that many rookies would not make the roster and B) a good punter would make a huge difference on this team.

In regards to Saffold and Reiff I would say that is fair.

Why so low on Short?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not liking Reid that high either.

Like the Trufant, Eifert, and Short picks.

Too high for Alonso IMO, although I do like him.

No thanks to the token Devin Taylor pick; the guy will not flourish in any role in this league.

Brandon Moore needs to get his big bad behind to HQ's and sign a contract.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
I like this one better than stylish's, but I dont think Trufant lasts until 31 and while I like Short and Eifert is okay, I'm not thrilled with taking a TE or DT that high.

I like Reid, Frederick and the two DE's though.

Probably a B-/C+.

I figured that those second round picks would be unpopular but I looked at our roster and what the talent I thought would be available and it made sense.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

replace eifert with ertz and im ok with this
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does STL trade up to select a RT?

Sig bet
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Why does STL trade up to select a RT?
Part of me wants to argue that they have committed to Bradford and are ensuring remains vertical...the other part of me realizes you are right...

They could be trading up for something else though. Perhaps Tavon Austin (stylish's mock) or a top DT to complete a dominate line in St. Louis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: