Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which of these three would you rather have?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_rent87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Which of these three would you rather have? Reply with quote

If they were to fall to pick 28 all three which of them would you choose?

Moore
Werner
Carradine

Props to Jamison on the sig
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Which of these three would you rather have? Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
If they were to fall to pick 28 all three which of them would you choose?

Moore
Werner
Carradine

Probably Damontre Moore for me. I really think he's getting too underrated now. His production shows against good competition, for one, and that's usually a good thing for me. He's got a decent pass rush array and I'm not too concerned about him testing well. I think he's going to be a productive pro.

I think all of these guys will be good, and Carradine is probably the biggest boom/bust of the group.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjorn Werner will and will always be the pick. But that will never happen.

I think Carradine will be a better pro than Moore.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Carradine. He is the most talented of the 3 and holds the most upside. I won't get into it again, but Moore's physical skills don't impress me. Werner's doesn't either.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So one for Moore one for Werner and one for tank. I would take Moore

Props to Jamison on the sig
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I'd take Carradine. He is the most talented of the 3 and holds the most upside. I won't get into it again, but Moore's physical skills don't impress me. Werner's doesn't either.

If your drafting just on measurables then you end up being the Raiders. Wink For myself it would be Moore. He is a gifted pass rusher that IMO has a very bright future in the NFL. What a lot of people forget about that he is only 20 years old. So I thinks it's pretty unfair to say Carradine has the highest potential when he is 4 years older.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore for me. Maybe he will be better than the last rusher from A&M Wink. But seriosly, even with a poor combine, on tape, he is a top20 in this draft. Ill be happy to grab him.

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore or Werner. I don't want us picking Carradine at all. 1 year starter. ACL Injury. And he's just not overly impressive.

I could throw Moore's testing out of the window and just tell you to watch him play. The man produced against the best teams. In the SEC. The tape doesn't lie.

Werner to me is like a poor man's Jared Allen. And I would be fine with that.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 you should add a poll to the Original Post.

I haven't studied each of them a ton. But the good old fasioned "eye test" while watching them has me salivating over Moore. The guy produced MORE than just 1 year at A&M. I'm sure the coaches will ask Von about him. I will take Damontre Moore please.

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Really doubt Alex Smith would get KC to 2nd place.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid + better health = KC 2nd in our division.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
If your drafting just on measurables then you end up being the Raiders. Wink

measurables != physical skills
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

If your drafting just on measurables then you end up being the Raiders. Wink For myself it would be Moore. He is a gifted pass rusher that IMO has a very bright future in the NFL. What a lot of people forget about that he is only 20 years old. So I thinks it's pretty unfair to say Carradine has the highest potential when he is 4 years older.

I don't think so. Moore's greatest quality is his hustle or motor. I know i have gotten into this, but if Moore doesn't win on snap anticipation he is a non-factor. I watched dang near every snap of his vs Florida, LSU, and Alabama, which were probably the 3 best teams he played the entire season. He wasn't productive as a pass rusher unless the A&M defensive coordinator created it, using what i call a twist (or the DE going inside and the DT looping outside or vice versa). In those 3 games there was only a single instance where he won as an edge rusher and it was against LSU where he beat the OT and hit Mettenberger causing him to throw the ball into the ground.

In these 3 games Moore had 5 sacks. Though, not one of them came with Moore beating an OT as a legitimate edge rusher. They all came either off twists or him just not being flat out blocked in the scheme.

Personally, i don't want a DE (especially in the 1st round) who needs creativity for success. I want a player who physically can win match ups on the edge. Tank Carradine physically match's up better than Moore/Werner.
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Werner and not even close for me. Good pass rusher. Took more double teams last season and still got it done. Carradine is too slow off the sanp and isn't particularly great at anything. He scares me for some reason. Moore is a boom bust guy, but the potential is high. He needs some coaching and looks better with his hand down than he does standing up.

Brandon Jenkins is the prospect I like. He has great burst off the snap. A natural pass rusher and was very productive for two seasons prior to the injury.
copeland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only things that bother me about Moore is a lot of his sacks seem to come on busted plays, after the QB has been through his progressions( if you can call them progressions in college ball) and pressure is already getting to him(QB). That bleeds a classic hustle player. Nothing more.
Also if I remember right, he didn't show a lot of strength at the combine either. I know those numbers mean less than most feel they do, but that really is what the combine is about. Just a good gauge for the player to confirm the film. I would call him boom or bust type of player. I know he's young, and still could add strength, but I don't see the Broncos taking a developmental guy in this draft. That being said, he very well could be the BPA when we go on the clock. Wouldn't hate the pick. Just may be a bit disappointed in our luck that he actually is the BPA at #28.
rhuston

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]In these 3 games Moore had 5 sacks. Though, not one of them came with Moore beating an OT as a legitimate edge rusher. They all came either off twists or him just not being flat out blocked in the scheme. [quote][/quote]

5 sacks against some of the best talent in the country. I will take that any day regardless of how the D coordinater drew it up. Doom and Miller also rely on quickness at the snap to get to the qb. [/quote]
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore, Moore, Moore, Moore, Moore, Moore....ah yeah....was it good for you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: