Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I got paid to Mock on Easter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: I got paid to Mock on Easter Reply with quote

Free Agency- Lions sign Darius Heyward-Bey and retain Jason Hanson

Lions trade #5 to the St. Louis Rams for #16, #46, #149 and a 2014 2nd round pick- St. Louis moves up to land the most dynamic offensive weapon in the draft- Tavon Austin.

Lions trade #16 to the S.F. 49ers for #31, #61, and #74- San Francisco let go of their star safety Dashon Goldson, and sees the opportunity to land an instant starter. They trade up and select Kenny Vaccaro, , and won't skip a beat.

Lions trade #65 and #74 to the Miami Dolphins for #42

Detroit now have selections- 31, 36, 42, 46, 61, 132, 149

With the 31st selection in the Draft, Detroit selects- Margus Hunt, DE, SMU: at 6'8", and 277lbs, Margus boasts 4.6/40 speed and it shows up on tape. The Lions see massive potential with Hunt in their scheme, and are excited to add the freak to a DL already stacked with talent at DT.

With the 36th selection in the Draft Detroit selects- Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State: A bull of a pass rusher, and an immovable ox in the run game, Detroit continues to solidify their DL with impact players

With the 42nd selection in the Draft, Detroit selects- Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State: (Inevitable surprise selection) play-making, physical corner with 4.3 speed. The Lions trade up to land this potential immediate starter in their secondary.

With the 46th selection in the Draft, Detroit selects- Larry Warford, G, Kentucky. 6'3", 332 lbs- Immediate starter, and a beast of a run-blocker

With the 61st selection in the Draft, Detroit selects- Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin- Final piece to a completely revamped OL, ,Lions go after another mauler in the run game in order to take pressure off of Stafford and Megatron, and to better help their now impressive stable of RBs excel.

With the 132nd selection in the Draft, Detroit selects- William Gholston, DE, MSU- Another physically imposing defensive lineman

With the 149th selection in the Draft, Detroit selects- Duke Williams, S, Nevada

With the 171st selection in the Draft Detroit selects- Onterio McCaleb, RB/KR, Auburn

QB- Stafford, Hill
RB- Bush, Leshoure, Bell
WR- Calvin, DHB, Broyles, Burleson, Thomas
TE- Pettigrew, Scheffler
LT- Reiff
LG- Sims, Nagy
C- Frederick, Raiola
RG- Warford, Gandy
RT- Fox, Hilliard

LE- Hunt, W. Young, R. Lewis
DT- Fairly
DT- Suh, Hankins
RE- J.Jones, Gholston

OLB- Levy, R.Lewis (rush)
MLB- Tulloch, Lewis
OLB- Palmer, Whitehead

CB- Houston, Green, Greenwood
S- Delmas, D. Williams
S- G.Quin, Spievey
CB- Taylor, Bentley

K- Hanson

KR- McCaleb
PR- McCaleb
1King

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I hate it, pretty much every single pick, all of them except for the 2 OL (and I guess the S pick okay).

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I did copy your title, I had already done the rest of the my mock in regard to trading down with Rams and then San Fran.

I could like with those selections but I don't know if I would be thrilled.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
TBH, I hate it, pretty much every single pick, all of them except for the 2 OL (and I guess the S pick okay).
Get the hell out of my mock and over to the Pistons forum!
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like this either...
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. It's risky, but I like it. Not sure we should go DT that high and would probably prefer an OT in there somewhere. But overall I like what it does for our DBs and D Line. Also, I highly doubt Fredrick starts over Raiola.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I like it. It's risky, but I like it. Not sure we should go DT that high and would probably prefer an OT in there somewhere. But overall I like what it does for our DBs and D Line. Also, I highly doubt Fredrick starts over Raiola.

I think Frederick would be starting before the season is over. I think Raiola will be on a short leash and if he struggles he will be gone. Considering his historic struggles in the run game and our investment in Bush it seems inevitable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
1King wrote:
Get the hell out of my mock and over to the Pistons forum!

Laughing

I will.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiffleballtony wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

I think Frederick would be starting before the season is over. I think Raiola will be on a short leash and if he struggles he will be gone. Considering his historic struggles in the run game and our investment in Bush it seems inevitable.

Our investment in Bush? You mean signing Jahvid Best replacement right? Not like they spent big bucks to get him...I hope Raiola is replaced for next year..but i think only Cooper, Barret Jones are capable... or Nagy (I hope he turns out be very good)
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
Whiffleballtony wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Our investment in Bush? You mean signing Jahvid Best replacement right? Not like they spent big bucks to get him...I hope Raiola is replaced for next year..but i think only Cooper, Barret Jones are capable... or Nagy (I hope he turns out be very good)
I like Frederick more than Barrett, his lower body is stocky and built to last. I think Barrett might be in for some durability issues, his lower body concerns me.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Whiffleballtony wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

I like Frederick more than Barrett, his lower body is stocky and built to last. I think Barrett might be in for some durability issues, his lower body concerns me.

Like strength wise? Length wise? What do you mean?
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all the trading down, but the only picks I like are Warford and Fredrick.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Whiffleballtony wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Like strength wise? Length wise? What do you mean?
Size wise. His body looks disproportionate. I could be over thinking it, but I like linemen with stoutly built lower bodies.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1King said, not really a fan of the picks. I like Taylor and Warford, Frederick too I guess, but not much beyond that.

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alright, I expected the response. I also expect that if Mayhew were to make any of these selections this forum would be doing back flips Laughing

Especially Jamar Taylor and Margus Hunt, who I considered the focal points of this mock. They're a couple of the more promising but lesser watched prospects from this class.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: