Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft WR Position Rankings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Game Changers - The Interview

Game Changers - The Field

Cool little videos of a few receiver prospects.

I can't help but to favor Woods in that video. I am tired of the diva attitude that we had with Moss and Harvin. I want a student of the game. Give me another Greg Jennings.

I love Woods too but he does have a bit of diva in him as well. When he declared,he made some controversial comments. I can't remember verbatim, but it was something along the lines of "If they wanted me to stay, they should have thrown me the ball." But I'd still take before anyone else in that video.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get on the Dobson Bandwagon for the 2nd round
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Freakout wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Game Changers - The Interview

Game Changers - The Field

Cool little videos of a few receiver prospects.

I can't help but to favor Woods in that video. I am tired of the diva attitude that we had with Moss and Harvin. I want a student of the game. Give me another Greg Jennings.

I love Woods too but he does have a bit of diva in him as well. When he declared,he made some controversial comments. I can't remember verbatim, but it was something along the lines of "If they wanted me to stay, they should have thrown me the ball." But I'd still take before anyone else in that video.

WR and CB are two positions I like a diva at. The best always have a little of that in them.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
WR and CB are two positions I like a diva at. The best always have a little of that in them.

ain't no diva in Antoine...

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:

ain't no diva in Antoine...

Or Jennings and Wright (at least so far).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Based purely on how I view the top 10 WR available in draft:
1. Cordarelle Patterson
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Tavon Austin
4. Markus Wheaton
5. Robert Woods.
6. Quinton Patton
7. Terrance Williams
8. Ryan Swope
9. Cobi Hamilton
10. Chris Harper

Avoid at all costs:
1. Keenan Allen
2. Justin Hunter
3. Da'Rick Rogers

Sleepers:
1. Mark Harrison
2. Aaron Mellette
3. Connor Vernon

I second this list but would remove Da'Rick from the avoid list. I'd think about him with the second 4th rounder as a high upside guy.
ViKingHopeful

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory Chavous of DraftNasty is on Paul Allen's show on KFAN right now. PA asked him who his favorite receiver is for the Vikings to take in the 1st, and Chavous said DeAndre Hopkins is his #1 receiver in this draft.

Chavous said, in talking to many of the college cornerbacks, that Hopkins' name kept coming up as the toughest receiver they've played against.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. If you look at draft nasty Hopkins is his top receiver and has been for a long time.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins just finds a way. I'd imagine that's why a lot of CB's in college are bringing up his name. He is just so good at finding open zones and holes in coverage. He turns it on at the perfect moment to accell for the catch.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another story, that's similar to that one, involves Jonathan Banks. He's said the best receiver he went up against in his college career was Quinton Patton.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Another story, that's similar to that one, involves Jonathan Banks. He's said the best receiver he went up against in his college career was Quinton Patton.

He's someone IMO who should be there in the 2nd easily. Take defense in the 1st, and Patton in 2nd.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As some of you may or may not know, WR , is by far my favorite positon in the NFL to watch and follow. My all time favorite player being Moss. Cool

So I'm really excited that we in fact need one badly, and are in prime position to get one or two early. My top 5 list is based on who I think will ultimately have the better NFL career, anyone left off the list, is someone I wouldn't touch in the first round. Possibly 2nd.

1:Cordarrelle Patterson*, WR, Tennessee

Quote:
If some of you remember early in the year, I started a topic on this guy. I pointed out that he was the real treat to watch while at Tennessee. Some agree, some didn't. I do agreed he has the best chance to bust, since he doesn't do one thing exceptionally well. But hes so balanced and talented that I can't put him any lower then this. His size, speed, and hand to eye cordination is top notch. He has also has great body control and adjustment.

2:Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

Quote:
What don't you love about this guy? Very similar to Percy in a lot of ways, but not quite as tough. Can score from anywhere on the field, and should be used in a multitude of ways. I think the Seahawks, should have traded up to get him, instead of acquring Percy. But that's just me.

3:DeAndre Hopkins*, WR, Clemson

Quote:
My favorite guy out of the whole bunch! He just does everything, right. He's the definition of a crutch, for a QB. Finds holes extrememly well, runs good routes, and has great size. He is going to be a consitant threat at the next level.

4:Robert Woods*, WR, USC

Quote:
This guy is a treat to watch, and is lightning in a bottle. He plays much faster and bigger then his frame would allude to. I have a thing for USC WRs with egos, and he falls in line. He is very similar to Wright in a lot of ways, but IMO, is a better deep threat.

5:Justin Hunter**, WR, Tennessee

Quote:
There is no denying that Hunter is one physically talented and gifted WR, but he is definitely the rawest guy out of the bunch. He will definitely need to improve his catch and consitancy level, but I'm intrigued. He showed glimpses of being a totally dominate WR ala Julio Jones. But he's got to put it all together, consitantly.

So all in all, I want one of those guys in Purple at the end of round 1. All of them have the ability to step in and be number 2's right away. Some even have more potential to take over for Greg when he retires. I'm excited at the positon we are in to nab one of these fellows.

Last edited by Frank Costello on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:

Quote:
I think the Seahawks, should have traded up to get him, instead of acquring Percy. But that's just me.

interesting, i didn't realize you felt that way about the Seahawks' move.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:

Quote:
I think the Seahawks, should have traded up to get him, instead of acquring Percy. But that's just me.

interesting, i didn't realize you felt that way about the Seahawks' move.

Very similar player, who is obviously younger, and healthier then Harvin. Not quite as tough, but still just as dangerous. I'm not sure how much it would have cost them to move up, but they could have got him between 12-15 at a much cheaper salary too.

This is just me nit picking tho, it's not like acquiring Harvin was bad. I just see them as similar talents with different cash expectencies!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I see more Dexter McCluster than Percy Harvin. I also like Stedman Bailey more than Tavon Austin. Strictly when speaking about ability as a receiver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: