Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers Sign WR Domenik Hixon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tbrown2699


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 2292
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted in the news thread. He has great hands and makes plays on third down. Exactly what the Panthers need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcz03SuUpwU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toughguy77


Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 1967
Location: South Cackalack
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
WR once the season starts:

Smith
Lafell
Hixon
Ginn
Rookie (Patterson/Rogers/Bailey)

WR out the door:

Edwards
Pilares
Gettis

We have done a pretty poor job of drafting wide receivers since Smith. Colbert, Carter, Robinson, Edwards, Gettis, Jarret and that's all that I can even remember right now. The only one that has turned out to be decent is Lafell.

^This
We easily need to draft a game changer, not someone who is going to take up space in our third wr spot and go for 400-600yds every year.
_________________

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OneBadCat


Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 726
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they'll take Gettis to camp and see what he can do, but Edwards and Pilares are gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moody


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 679
Location: Roma
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:
WR once the season starts:

Smith
Lafell
Hixon
Ginn
Rookie (Patterson/Rogers/Bailey)

WR out the door:

Edwards
Pilares
Gettis

We have done a pretty poor job of drafting wide receivers since Smith. Colbert, Carter, Robinson, Edwards, Gettis, Jarret and that's all that I can even remember right now. The only one that has turned out to be decent is Lafell.

^This
We easily need to draft a game changer, not someone who is going to take up space in our third wr spot and go for 400-600yds every year.



Where does Adams go? I think he can be a better player than Pilares or Edwards can be. I can't get behind Gettis without him seeing minutes. Then we have to talk about what he does with his time.

Smith, Adams, Pilares, Edwards...

That's a lot of tiny receivers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FriendlyEnemy


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 1997
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:
WR once the season starts:

Smith
Lafell
Hixon
Ginn
Rookie (Patterson/Rogers/Bailey)

WR out the door:

Edwards
Pilares
Gettis

We have done a pretty poor job of drafting wide receivers since Smith. Colbert, Carter, Robinson, Edwards, Gettis, Jarret and that's all that I can even remember right now. The only one that has turned out to be decent is Lafell.

^This
We easily need to draft a game changer, not someone who is going to take up space in our third wr spot and go for 400-600yds every year.



Where does Adams go? I think he can be a better player than Pilares or Edwards can be. I can't get behind Gettis without him seeing minutes. Then we have to talk about what he does with his time.

Smith, Adams, Pilares, Edwards...

That's a lot of tiny receivers.


I forgot about Adams to be honest. He got into the dog house early and I don't see that changing with the addition of Ginn.

Small receivers on the roster:
Smith (5'Cool
Pilares (5'10)
Adams (5'11)
Edwards (5'11)
Ginn (5'11)

Mid height/Tall receivers:
Lafell (6'2)
Hixon (6'2)
Gettis (6'3)
Olsen (6'5)
Hartsock (6'4)

Gettis is probably gone, so that leaves us a pretty even number between our tall receivers and our small receivers
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4207
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pat Yasinskas ‏@espn_nfcsouth 1m WR Domenik Hixon's 1-year deal with #Panthers worth $659,805.


Nice deal with no strings.
_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moody


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 679
Location: Roma
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel beat me to it.


Considering his injuries that contract sounds fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smitty89


Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 1337
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be our #2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moody


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 679
Location: Roma
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
He will be our #2


That's a bold prediction for back to back ACL tears and I wouldnt hope for it. I think he could beat Ginn but ACL injuries are the worst. LaFell isn't totally unseatable but his experience with Cam is an advantage. It would be better to have Lafell take a step but it requires Newton to improve as well.

I'll feel good about our 4-wide sets with Olsen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toughguy77


Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 1967
Location: South Cackalack
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:
He will be our #2


That's a bold prediction for back to back ACL tears and I wouldnt hope for it. I think he could beat Ginn but ACL injuries are the worst. LaFell isn't totally unseatable but his experience with Cam is an advantage. It would be better to have Lafell take a step but it requires Newton to improve as well.

I'll feel good about our 4-wide sets with Olsen.

Really depends if we snag a WR in the first or second, anything past that (4th,5th,ect...) will be just for depth.
Smith
LaFell
Hixon

How I see it if we don't go after a wr early. LaFell has great chemistry with Cam, it just depends if LaFell can do his part and actually catch more passes.
_________________

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group