You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 up 5 down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: 5 up 5 down Reply with quote

Ups

1. Brown and Cotchery- they continue to be studs in the passing game.

2. Ben - had a great game 4 TD's 0 turnovers

3. Pass Blocking

4. Cam- He has cemented himself as our best DL

5. Allen- Came up with two key turnovers

Downs

1. Horrible 2nd quarter

2. Lebeau continuing to put the ROLB either in coverage or rushing up the gut. I don't understand that logic. That is not what they do best. Coverage is their weakest aspect of both of their games and neither one is great in a phone booth so why rush up the middle? This is my biggest issue with our defense so far this season. Im fine with them running different games on the rush but its not a surprise if they line up over the guard and rush up the middle. I don't get it.

3. Run blocking was horrible

4. The Bengals winning

5. Ike- He did an ok job on CJ for the most part but dropping two gimme INTs
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Big Ben taking control of HIS offense. Heath Miller said today that Big Dumb Ben called most of his own plays. The one sequence in this game that was absolutely terrible, at the end of the half...? Well, wonder who called that.

Cotchery after the game, "That's my quarterback, man!"

2. The pass protection against a pretty tough DL. A few ugly moments, but one sack all day. Have to give Beachum some credit. Outside his false start, didn't notice anything negative.

3. Jason Worilds. 7 tackles, a sack, and constantly mugged all day. Jones had two deflections of Stafford, as well. Jones was also moved around the formation a bit more, playing some in more of an ILB role.

4. Brown/Cotchery. The Steelers have THREE WR's out-producing Mike Wallace in every statistical category. Hope he enjoys that contract he got, which he'll be lucky to collect half of and likely bounce around the league after being cut.

5. 2nd half - Lebeau. Will Allen was all over in coverage today. That's a guy who was cut in Dallas. Lebeau puts him in the right spots.

Down:

1. 2nd quarter defense.

2. Haley taking over the reigns after the no-huddle was working, and killing what momentum the team had with his call for a reverse after they dominated the 1st two possessions and then starting off another 2 minute drill with his patented RB draw that backed the team up in their own endzone.

3. Ryan Clark. Outside his one play in the endzone lighting up Johnson, he blew assignments and did nothing.

4. Heath Miller. Not terrible today, a few chain moving grabs. But 2-3 drops the team could have used. Not himself this year.

5. Pass rush outside Worilds.
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
1. Big Ben taking control of HIS offense. Heath Miller said today that Big Dumb Ben called most of his own plays. The one sequence in this game that was absolutely terrible, at the end of the half...? Well, wonder who called that.

Cotchery after the game, "That's my quarterback, man!"

2. The pass protection against a pretty tough DL. A few ugly moments, but one sack all day. Have to give Beachum some credit. Outside his false start, didn't notice anything negative.

3. Jason Worilds. 7 tackles, a sack, and constantly mugged all day. Jones had two deflections of Stafford, as well. Jones was also moved around the formation a bit more, playing some in more of an ILB role.

4. Brown/Cotchery. The Steelers have THREE WR's out-producing Mike Wallace in every statistical category. Hope he enjoys that contract he got, which he'll be lucky to collect half of and likely bounce around the league after being cut.

5. 2nd half - Lebeau. Will Allen was all over in coverage today. That's a guy who was cut in Dallas. Lebeau puts him in the right spots.

Down:

1. 2nd quarter defense.

2. Haley taking over the reigns after the no-huddle was working, and killing what momentum the team had with his call for a reverse after they dominated the 1st two possessions and then starting off another 2 minute drill with his patented RB draw that backed the team up in their own endzone.

3. Ryan Clark. Outside his one play in the endzone lighting up Johnson, he blew assignments and did nothing.

4. Heath Miller. Not terrible today, a few chain moving grabs. But 2-3 drops the team could have used. Not himself this year.

5. Pass rush outside Worilds.

What assignment did Clark blow? How do you know that for sure? Curious I am.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What assignment did Clark blow? How do you know that for sure? Curious I am.

Can almost never say for certain, especially just watching live. But from watching it, it looked like he should have given help over the top on the long Johnson score. The same one the Lions were picked on at the end. Taylor almost definitely wasn't supposed to be left out there alone in the middle of the field with Johnson, and that's where Clark was positioned on the play. He covered the deep out route. There was another one that I can't think of off the top of my head.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up

1. Ben Roethlisberger: He commanded the offense and when he was in charge they put up 28 points. When Haley was in charge they put up 9.

2. Antonio Brown: Tone sittin here like "Dez Bryant talkin bout he as good as Megatron?!" Let me show you how it's done... You show up when you play against him.

3. NFL Sunday Ticket: Game was supposed to be blacked out and yet somehow I got it. Worth all $40 I spent!

4. Offensive Line: They were actually pretty good at pass blocking today. Lions' pass rush is their strength and the O-Line has done well for 2 straight weeks.

5. - LeBeau: He made excellent adjustments in the second half including the game-sealing adjustment.

HM: Cam Heyward
Down

1. Ike Taylor: Worst game of his career potentially....

2. Ike Taylor: Yeah, that bad...

3. Ryan Clark: Just didn't seem to be there at all today...

4. I'm sure there is more but I really can't think of em right now.

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up

Ben
WR's
Heyward
OL (in pass pro)
Allen (2 TO's)

Down
Ike
Clark
LeBeau (for needing more than 1 possession to make those adjustments)
Tomlin (for not pimp-slapping Haley killing the no-huddle)
Tomlin (for not pimp-slapping LeBeau in the 2nd)
Tomlin (for not dog-housing Ike)
OL (in run blocking)
McBriar (for 1st half punting)
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPs:

1. Ben--Had a good day, overall. Not sure what happened on the throw to Paulson, but outside of that, was sharp, and as was indicated, called many of the plays today.

2. Will Allen--Should be on everyone's "UP" list today for his plays today--FF and INT.

3. LeVeon Bell--Showed some speed and agility today. Had the one drop in the RZ, but it was a thrown a tad behind and high, which is a tough catch on a short crossing route, especially for a RB.

4. OL(Pass Pro)--I'll give them an UP today, since usually it's a DOWN.

5. Brown--Continues to produce at an awesome level. And was finally rewarded with a couple of TDs, finally!

DOWNs:

1. Ike--Dude had a bad day, not much else to say. Had a tough assignment in CJ, but still...

2. Tackling--was better in the 2nd half, but the 2nd Qtr was just abysmal throughout the whole team, it seemed.

3. OL(Run Game)--Still not providing good lanes for our backs, IMO.

4. Whimper--Penalties and got destroyed on a couple of plays, from what I saw.

5. RZ offense--Mixture of playcalling and execution. Not getting in on a 1st and 1 is just pitiful. Can't remember all the plays, but got no movement on the line for the run plays. Heath dropped a very catchable ball--last year, he makes that catch. Ben overthrowing Paulson. It was all just terrible. Should have been AT LEAST 41 pts, if not 45, but I guess I can't complain TOO much about 37...
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Ben - without the shackles of that knucklehead Haley, ben called his own plays, ran the no huddle, and put up our most dominant offensive performance in years, DRASTICALLY outplaying Matthew Stafford despite not having anywhere near the quality of weapons. 2 TD passes in the last 5 minutes of the game sealed the win. How angry are you now, chrisororke?

2. Cam Heyward - best player on the defense, yet again. Forced a fumble, swatting passes, making tackles all over the place. Once again, he was among our leaders in solo tackles. He has 4 straight games with at least 5 tackles, and he's doing it while drawing and beating double teams

3. Worilds and Jarvis Jones in the 2nd half - They got their hands on the QB and on the football multiple times. After a pretty painful first half, it's great to see

4. Brown - he's incredible with the ball in his hands, but I'll be darned if he doesn't end up with one drop every game that makes you go UHHHH....

5. Red Zone Cotchery - nothing major, he just has more TD receptions than AJ Green

Downs:

1. Ike - I'm not so concerned that he was getting abused by 81. I mean, seriously. My issues are the ball bounces right off his damn breadbasket and he STILL can't catch the football.

2. LeBeau getting his defensive scheme curbstomped in the 2nd quarter. Thankfully, he recognized how badly we were getting beat on personnel mismatches and made some good adjustments. That counts as a positive, but I already had 5. Smile

3. The time we didn't use the no-huddle. Field goals and field goals and field goals. Ugh.

4. Worilds, Ziggy, and Jarvis Jones were completely erased early in the game. Thankfully they played better in the 2nd, but that doesn't say much.

5. Emmanuel Sanders dropping a first down and getting all of 2 yards on his other pass.

overall, the biggest positive is that we saw Haley get the hell out of Ben's way. The biggest negative is that Cinci won, and our draft position went down. I don't know whether to be enthused or frightened that we actually are still "in it", but until we are mathematically eliminated, let's go for it.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Brown - he's incredible with the ball in his hands, but I'll be darned if he doesn't end up with one drop every game that makes you go UHHHH.....

Haha...I was thinking the same thing.

Gotta take the good with the slightly bad though. Ben, even on his best days (such as today), makes a really stupid throw or two...like that slant route where he threw it straight to DeAndre Levy. Fortunately, today wasnt a day where the other team capitalized on his errant decision.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
I don't know whether to be enthused or frightened that we actually are still "in it", but until we are mathematically eliminated, let's go for it.

Ravens, Jets, Titans, Chargers all lost this week. The two teams ahead of us for 6th seed now are Jets and Dolphins. We have the head to head on the Jets and still have the Dolphins to face. Playoffs are actually still pretty possible if we beat Miami at home Week 14.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
I don't know whether to be enthused or frightened that we actually are still "in it", but until we are mathematically eliminated, let's go for it.

Ravens, Jets, Titans, Chargers all lost this week. The two teams ahead of us for 6th seed now are Jets and Dolphins. We have the head to head on the Jets and still have the Dolphins to face. Playoffs are actually still pretty possible if we beat Miami at home Week 14.

And...ya know....win more games than the other six 4-win teams. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Raiders...statistically are a burden for this race to the top of mediocrity.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

And...ya know....win more games than the other six 4-win teams. Wink

And we have 4 Divisional games left, which are never easy...AND GB, probably late enough in the season where Rodgers will be back...ughh...

I'm thinking 8-8 at the best, unfortunately. Now, if the four wins left are all Divisional wins, and Cinci can lose the next two (SD and INDY), then meet us and lose again, we may very well win the Division at 8-8, figuring Cinci beats the Vikes, and lose to the Ravens in the finale, we're in! Woo Woo!!

EDIT: Ravens, BTW, still have NE and at Detroit...they lose one and we beat them, they are 8-8, but we have the tie-breaker!
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy the team still has life, but I can't get into all these playoff scenarios with their inconsistent play. The team was aided greatly the last two weeks by the weather at home.

Playing in Baltimore on Thanksgiving/short game in prime time? Having to go to Green Bay with presumably a healthy Aaron Rodgers? All of the games on the schedule are winnable, but also losable. I'm in one week at a time mode.
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
1. Ben - without the shackles of that knucklehead Haley, ben called his own plays, ran the no huddle, and put up our most dominant offensive performance in years, DRASTICALLY outplaying Matthew Stafford despite not having anywhere near the quality of weapons. 2 TD passes in the last 5 minutes of the game sealed the win. How angry are you now, chrisororke?

2. Cam Heyward - best player on the defense, yet again. Forced a fumble, swatting passes, making tackles all over the place. Once again, he was among our leaders in solo tackles. He has 4 straight games with at least 5 tackles, and he's doing it while drawing and beating double teams

3. Worilds and Jarvis Jones in the 2nd half - They got their hands on the QB and on the football multiple times. After a pretty painful first half, it's great to see

4. Brown - he's incredible with the ball in his hands, but I'll be darned if he doesn't end up with one drop every game that makes you go UHHHH....

5. Red Zone Cotchery - nothing major, he just has more TD receptions than AJ Green

Downs:

1. Ike - I'm not so concerned that he was getting abused by 81. I mean, seriously. My issues are the ball bounces right off his damn breadbasket and he STILL can't catch the football.

2. LeBeau getting his defensive scheme curbstomped in the 2nd quarter. Thankfully, he recognized how badly we were getting beat on personnel mismatches and made some good adjustments. That counts as a positive, but I already had 5. Smile

3. The time we didn't use the no-huddle. Field goals and field goals and field goals. Ugh.

4. Worilds, Ziggy, and Jarvis Jones were completely erased early in the game. Thankfully they played better in the 2nd, but that doesn't say much.

5. Emmanuel Sanders dropping a first down and getting all of 2 yards on his other pass.

overall, the biggest positive is that we saw Haley get the hell out of Ben's way. The biggest negative is that Cinci won, and our draft position went down. I don't know whether to be enthused or frightened that we actually are still "in it", but until we are mathematically eliminated, let's go for it.

Very angry because you don't have the foresight to see what's coming, not talking this year. You take a win like this as a victory and I'm sitting okay if we want to play that game here's your odds of playoffs. First off you need help. Second you have to take care of business and I'm not convinced they can do that

(1/2)^6 = 1.5% (not counting help from other teams). Each game is a coin flip. Normally you play Cleveland you'll win that game 85 out of 100, so it's not a coin flip. With this team, it could go either way. Each game on our schedule is like that: CLE, BAL, MIA, CIN, GB, CLE. I can't say we'll win or lose any game. Normally, I'm like chalk, chalk, chalk and it's like 10-6 to 12-4. I wouldn't be surprised if they won or lost every game on the rest of the schedule. You have to win six coin flips in a row. You can practice at home. It can't and won't be done

UP

AB
Goal Line stands
Ben
Cotchery
Cam

DOWN

IKE
Jarvis
IKE
Is Hood even relevant?
The Future just got more mediocre

If they come up short, they'll just say we had a bad start we still got this. We're a 4-2 ball club right now. That's my worst nightmare

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: