Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Pittsburgh Pirate Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lionslicer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Josh C Smith wrote:
Tough loss yesterday. We wasted a good start by AJ. Burnett had some nasty stuff just hurt us big with giving up that home run. Really after that he settled down nicely, had a ton of strikeouts and got out of a huge jam I'm the 4th.

Jeff Samarja was excellent, sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other guy. I had a good feeling in the 9th but unfortunately we couldn't get the extra big hit to bail us out at the end.

Oh well maybe well get them tomorrow. I hope we move Jones to the 5th spot and put Walker at 2.

That lineup surprised the heck out of me. Confused I rather have Jones lower in the lineup and Walker near to the top as well.

I don't understand the lineup at all. Putting Jones at 2 is ridiculous.
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a big game last night. Taking the first 2 against the reds was huge.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEEP!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
SWEEP!!!

One heck of a comeback today to bring out the brooms.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=26287467&c_id=pit&tcid=fb_video_26287467&v=1

Marte Home Run

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One heck of a pitching performance by A.J.

Almost a no-no.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to the game (Today) against the Braves with my brother. Got seats on the start of the second deck right behind home plate Cool
lionslicer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
One heck of a pitching performance by A.J.

Almost a no-no.

He's been awesome. I think he'll be the ace of the pitching rotation again this year, just hope he can get some run support. He's just been in this zone since last year. His stikeout numbers to start this year have been ridiculous.
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way we are playing. The season hinges on 2 things: Pedro and good consistant starting pitching.

I wonder how this rotation will be a month or two down the road with Karstens, Liriano, and Morton coming back.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 of 4 against the previously 12-2 Braves!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggles my mind how bad Marte and Cutch are at base-stealing....
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big series for us. The Braves are a rock solid team. I just hope our starters can go deep into games because our bullpen took a lot of use Sunday and we need to give them some rest. The last thing I want is for us to burn those guys out early on.
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh C Smith wrote:
Big series for us. The Braves are a rock solid team. I just hope our starters can go deep into games because our bullpen took a lot of use Sunday and we need to give them some rest. The last thing I want is for us to burn those guys out early on.

I agree. Sanchez is becoming very difficult to manage and the BP can't save him forever. Even if it's only two more starts, I'm not too thrilled we're still giving him this opportunity. Bring up Andy Oliver for a few starts. He's earned it.

Few things to not on the Braves game.

- The strike zone was inconsistent the entire series, for both teams. A lot of Braves fans are adamant this lost them the series.

- The Fox Sports Braves announcers were more bias then any broadcasters I've been forced to listen to in some while. (At one point Sunday, they were saying the Pirates intentionally had the batters box misaligned. "Those Pirates will do anything for a win")

- Sunday's game could have been a lot worse for ATL, if it had been any other night's wind. Upton wouldn't have had a chance to catch that Pedro shot to left, and Cutch would have had 2 HRs.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbelan2343 wrote:
Josh C Smith wrote:

I agree. Sanchez is becoming very difficult to manage and the BP can't save him forever. Even if it's only two more starts, I'm not too thrilled we're still giving him this opportunity. Bring up Andy Oliver for a few starts. He's earned it.

- The strike zone was inconsistent the entire series, for both teams. A lot of Braves fans are adamant this lost them the series.

- The Fox Sports Braves announcers were more bias then any broadcasters I've been forced to listen to in some while. (At one point Sunday, they were saying the Pirates intentionally had the batters box misaligned. "Those Pirates will do anything for a win")

- Sunday's game could have been a lot worse for ATL, if it had been any other night's wind. Upton wouldn't have had a chance to catch that Pedro shot to left, and Cutch would have had 2 HRs.

Anyone else notice we have 3 long relievers in the bullpen? I guess its a good thing now because we need guys who can pitch multiple innings at a time to cover some ground, but I would probably perfer 1 more middle reliever instead of 3 long guys. Mazzaro, Wilson, and Gomez were all starters and we have all 3 in the bullpen.

It might be too late at this point but what if we swapped Sanchez with Wilson until Karten/Liriano come back?
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh C Smith wrote:
bbelan2343 wrote:
Josh C Smith wrote:

Anyone else notice we have 3 long relievers in the bullpen? I guess its a good thing now because we need guys who can pitch multiple innings at a time to cover some ground, but I would probably perfer 1 more middle reliever instead of 3 long guys. Mazzaro, Wilson, and Gomez were all starters and we have all 3 in the bullpen.

It might be too late at this point but what if we swapped Sanchez with Wilson until Karten/Liriano come back?

Jared Hughes and Tony Watson have starting experience as well, but I don't see any, besides Karstens and Gomez, getting considered for spot starts in the near future.

I see the point with the long relievers though. I think it was planned out in ST considering the injuries and inexperience at the back end of the rotation.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

Jump to: