Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Final Mock Reply with quote

Trades
Pick 1(31)+3(31)+7(21) to Minnesota for pick 1(23)
Pick 5(24)+7(31) to Chicago for 5(20)

Draft
1(23) Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas-My top safety prospect and a guy we can expect to start right away. Vaccaro has instincts, great ball skills, fluid hips and an ability to cover a wide range of positions.
2(2) Zach Ertz TE Stanford- He had a poor combine but it doesnt take away from what we all saw during the season.
2(31)Datone Jones DE UCLA- I'm not as high on Jones as alot of you guys are but I do like him. I think he's a 2nd round talent especially with the number of solid Dlineman in this draft he could be here late in the 2nd.
3(12) Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern
4(31) Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia-
4(34) AJ Klein ILB Iowa St
5(20) Jordan Mills OT Louisiana Tech
5(31) Nickell Robey CB USC
6(12) Ty Powell OLB Harding
7(45) Zac Dysert QB Miami Ohio

Depth Chart
QB - Colin Kaepernick, Scott Tolzien vs Zac Dysert
RB - Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter vs LaMichael James, Anthony Dixon vs Jewel Hampton
FB - Bruce Miller
TE - Vernon Davis, Zach Ertz vs Garrett Celek,
WR-Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham (IR), Kyle Williams, A.J. Jenkins vs Stedman Bailey
LT- Joe Staley, Jordan Mills
LG- Mike Iupati
OC - Jon Goodwin vs Daniel Kilgore
RG- Alex Boone, Joe Looney
RT- Anthony Davis,

RE - Justin Smith,Datone Jones , Demarcus Dobbs
NT Glenn Dorsey vs Brandon Williams, Ian Williams
LE - Ray McDonald, Will Tukuafu,

WOLB - Aldon Smith, Cam Johnson
WILB - Navarro Bowman, AJ Klein
SILB - Patrick Willis, Mike Wilhoite
SOLB - Ahmad Brooks, Darius Flemming vs Ty Powell

CB - Chris Culliver, Tarell Brown, Carlos Rogers, Perrish Cox vs Nickell Robey

FS Kenny Vaccaro, Trenton Robinson vs Craig Dahl
SS - Donte Whitner, C.J. Spillman

LS - Brian Jennings
K Phil Dawson
P - Andy Lee

I'd love to hear some feedback so go ahead give me your worst!

Last edited by 48 1/2ers on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Mock Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Trades
Pick 1(31)+3(31)+7(21) to Minnesota for pick 1(23)
Pick 5(24)+7(31) to Chicago for 5(20)

Draft
1(23) Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas-My top safety prospect and a guy we can expect to start right away. Vaccaro has instincts, great ball skills, fluid hips and an ability to cover a wide range of positions.
2(2) Zach Ertz TE Stanford- He had a poor combine but it doesnt take away from what we all saw during the season.
2(31)Datone Jones DE UCLA- I'm not as high on Jones as alot of you guys are but I do like him. I think he's a 2nd round talent especially with the number of solid Dlineman in this draft he could be here late in the 2nd.
3(12) Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern
4(31) Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia-
4(34) AJ Klein ILB Iowa St
5(20) Jordan Mills OT Louisiana Tech
5(31) Nickell Robey CB USC
6(12) Ty Powell OLB Harding
7(45) Zac Dysert QB Miami Ohio

This mock does seem a little on the optimistic side; I think some of these guys will be gone much earlier than are being selected here.

I'd be happy to get Vaccarro, but one, i don't think he gets past dallas at 18 at the latest; so i think we'd have to trade up a lot further than 23 to get him, and the cost of that is too great in my opinion. Its a deep safety class and i don't think Vaccarro is so much better than the rest of the class that it would warrant a trade up that far. But it fell this way, I'd be good.

Ertz i would not be a fan of there. I've stated several times that i don't think the value of drafting a second tight end there is worth it for us. I'd prefer to draft a tight end in the third/fourth like Kelce/MacDonald/Escobar. Given our system and the offensive playmakers we have, I believe that the production we are going to get from the second tight end position will be similar whether its ertz/eifert or one of those other 3 a round or two later. Plus, in this case, I just don't think Ertz is worthy of a pick here anyway; Eifert is the better player to me and if he's gone, i'd definitely just prefer to wait.

Overall though, outside of some positional preferences (Reddick over Klein, Rodgers or Renfree over Dysert), I'd be content if the draft fell this way.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Final Mock Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

This mock does seem a little on the optimistic side; I think some of these guys will be gone much earlier than are being selected here.
Yea it is a little optimistic but alot of this draft is so bunched together in the middle rounds. There are so many players that are ranked in the 3rd-4th round range that you can't draft them all there. I really believe Jones is a 2nd round player also.

I'd be happy to get Vaccarro, but one, i don't think he gets past dallas at 18 at the latest; so i think we'd have to trade up a lot further than 23 to get him, and the cost of that is too great in my opinion. Its a deep safety class and i don't think Vaccarro is so much better than the rest of the class that it would warrant a trade up that far. But it fell this way, I'd be good.
Is this class really deep enough for us? We obviously need to find a starter at FS and if we pick a guy who can't step in immediately and contribute our team takes a huge step back. Vaccaro is very easy to read, he's Ryan Clark. I think some teams will let him slip because he has a lower cieling than other guys like Cyprien, Ried, Rambo.

Ertz i would not be a fan of there. I've stated several times that i don't think the value of drafting a second tight end there is worth it for us. I'd prefer to draft a tight end in the third/fourth like Kelce/MacDonald/Escobar. Given our system and the offensive playmakers we have, I believe that the production we are going to get from the second tight end position will be similar whether its ertz/eifert or one of those other 3 a round or two later. Plus, in this case, I just don't think Ertz is worthy of a pick here anyway; Eifert is the better player to me and if he's gone, i'd definitely just prefer to wait.
I guess IMO #2 TE is a much bigger need than most people believe. I do like the other guys you mentioned but I really feel Ertz is on another level. We all saw how much we used our number 2 TE last year and what happens if VD gets hurt?. If we have a chance to get a guy that really is a #1 caliber player why wouldnt we pick him even if it is to be our #2?

Overall though, outside of some positional preferences (Reddick over Klein, Rodgers or Renfree over Dysert), I'd be content if the draft fell this way.
Thanks for the feedback man I just wanted to switch it up a little bit from the norm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: