Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GERM-X: 2nd 2013 Bronco Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: GERM-X: 2nd 2013 Bronco Mock Draft Reply with quote

1st Round: #28

Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International- I have been watching some of Cyprien on youtube and he certainly has some issues. The biggest being his angles and tackling. Though, all of that is coachable. I still think Denver is trying to solve the safety position, which has been an on going process dating back to the Shanahan days. With Cyprien, the Broncos would be getting a big (6'0" 217lb) safety with excellent measurables and a player capable of being one of the best in the league at his position.

2nd Round: #58

John Simon, DE, Ohio State- This may be a bit of a surprise pick, but if Simon is on the board at #58 i think Jack Del Rio is going to be making a strong pitch for him much like he did for Derek Wolfe. While undersized (6'1" 257), Simon is a relentless player who leaves everything on the field. He has also tested well during the draft process. While i love the way he plays the game, a big concern of mine when watching him is his stiffness. He had quite a few missed opportunities for big plays because of his inability to quickly change direction. Either way, Simon is capable of being a contributor in Denver for a long time.

3rd Round: #90

Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State*- I don't find Bell to be anything special even though he had a good season and tested well at the combine. However, i do think Denver wants to address the position and add another bigger RB that can work between the tackles. Bell is fully capable of doing this and i think would fit nicely in Denver's stable of running backs.

4th Round: #125

Dwayne Gratz, CB, Connecticut- Gratz had a good season at UCONN and has also performed well through bowls and the combine, yet still is a bit under the radar. He is a good sized CB at 5'11" 200 pounds with long arms, 4.4 speed, and a decent transition. He will come in and competition, depth, and special teams play at the position and could become a good starter in the NFL.

5th Round: #161

Chris Faulk, OT/OG, LSU*- Faulk was rather highly thought of before missing the season with injury. I don't think he has a chance at sticking at OT, but it appears that Denver likes beefy players along their OL and Faulk definitely fits in at 6'5" 330 pounds. He probably won't get playing time this season, but with Zane Beadles up for free agency and Chris Kuper having injury issues, Denver takes the talented Faulk for some insurance for next season. Should he develop nicely, Denver may feel confident enough in letting Beadles walk and moving forward with Faulk at OG.

7th Round: #234

Chad Bumphis, WR, Mississippi State- He isn't the biggest or the fastest, but Bumphis is a tough player that could provide depth, special teams, and possibly contribute as a returner early in his career.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon says, "stand on one foot." I like this draft. I would be okay wit it.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Cyprien. I think he has star potential.

Simon is an intriguing prospect and a pick I could definitely see happening. He is by no means an elite athlete, but he plays with good leverage and, like you said Germ, he is relentless.

Not a fan of Bell, or really any RB in this draft outside of Lattimore.

Overall, I think it is realistic and does address all our needs.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like this draft and I think this particular one is one of the most realistic mocks around. The real intrigue if not mystery is our 1st pick. There are a bunch of prospects which could turn out to be eventually our selection, yet Cyprien is 1A or B to Moore/Werner for me. Either one of the three and Elway would have hit yet again another home run with Denver's first pick.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Winder23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit Germ. I have Cyprien in the first in my mock I am working on. It is a great pick. He has the best skill set of any safety in the draft. He isn't a bad tackler. He just needs to wrap up. Overall I think it is a small issue. Cyprien is great at the line of scrimmage or running downfield with TE's. He is all over the field. IMO he has all-pro potential.

Not a fan of Simon in the second. He is just too limited due to size and athleticism. Good player just not enough potential in my mind to warrant the #58 overall pick in this draft.

I can't stand Bell. He is just so soft for a guy his size. Doesn't have that power I want in a new RB.

Gratz is a solid pick. I haven't done much studying, but what I have read is he is good in man coverage. That is the first requirement of a Bronco CB.

Faulk is a good pick too. Especially where you are taking him. Same can be said of Bumphis. Plus I love the Christmas Story movie and the Bumphis Hounds.

Very solid and very realistic
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Bell. He's slow and very plodding. Not very powerful especially considering his size. Nothing about him stands out besides his size. And he doesn't even use that to his advantage.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Dammit Germ. I have Cyprien in the first in my mock I am working on. It is a great pick. He has the best skill set of any safety in the draft. He isn't a bad tackler. He just needs to wrap up. Overall I think it is a small issue. Cyprien is great at the line of scrimmage or running downfield with TE's. He is all over the field. IMO he has all-pro potential.

My biggest issue with Cyprien is his angles, more so than his tackling (though, he does tackle high an awful lot which can cause problems). I watched him vs Louisville and Cyprien took some pretty poor angles and allowed bigger plays because of it.

Though, i do agree with you Winder, Cyprien has a really impressive skill set and if he maximizes it he could be one of the better safeties in the league.

Winder23 wrote:
Not a fan of Simon in the second. He is just too limited due to size and athleticism. Good player just not enough potential in my mind to warrant the #58 overall pick in this draft.

I don't disagree with this at all. There are attributes i really like about him...the relentless play, good speed around the edge, and it is apparent he is quite strong. However, he is a hustle player above all else and at the NFL level that always scares me.

Winder23 wrote:
I can't stand Bell. He is just so soft for a guy his size. Doesn't have that power I want in a new RB.

Bell seems to be a guy everyone either loves or hates. I'm in the middle. I don't love or hate him. I think he would fit well in Denver as i do think he will be a solid RB (he's decent out of the backfield as well) and i like his vision and size to run between the tackles. That is a need for the Broncos, when McGahee went down with injury, Denver ability to run inside was lost.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Cyprien and Bell!
Doesn't really know the other players...
Wouldn't complain at all.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Winder23 wrote:

My biggest issue with Cyprien is his angles, more so than his tackling (though, he does tackle high an awful lot which can cause problems). I watched him vs Louisville and Cyprien took some pretty poor angles and allowed bigger plays because of it.

Though, i do agree with you Winder, Cyprien has a really impressive skill set and if he maximizes it he could be one of the better safeties in the league.

Winder23 wrote:

I don't disagree with this at all. There are attributes i really like about him...the relentless play, good speed around the edge, and it is apparent he is quite strong. However, he is a hustle player above all else and at the NFL level that always scares me.

Winder23 wrote:

Bell seems to be a guy everyone either loves or hates. I'm in the middle. I don't love or hate him. I think he would fit well in Denver as i do think he will be a solid RB (he's decent out of the backfield as well) and i like his vision and size to run between the tackles. That is a need for the Broncos, when McGahee went down with injury, Denver ability to run inside was lost.

But the thing about Bell is he doesn't USE his size to run between the tackles.

I'd be okay with just about any RB in this draft besides Bell and Bernard.

Lacy, Randle, Ball, any of them besides those 2.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all that bad Germ.

I agree with your assessment of Cyprien. Great pick there. As well as Le'Veon Bell.

The others, especially John Simon and Dwayne Gratz, just dont do it for me. I dont see Simon as the impact player you. I see what you are saying in your write-up but I dont see the athletic ability to be a consistent pass rusher in this league. Gratz isnt a bad player but I dont think he fits well with the type of player we need at CB. I think we need to find an outside CB that can eventually supplant Champ.

Overall, I wouldnt be pissed because Im on the Cyprien bandwagon. The rest of the draft to me is just "meh". I dont see a whole lot of potential from the rest of those guys.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
germ-x wrote:
Winder23 wrote:

Winder23 wrote:

Winder23 wrote:

But the thing about Bell is he doesn't USE his size to run between the tackles.

I'd be okay with just about any RB in this draft besides Bell and Bernard.

Lacy, Randle, Ball, any of them besides those 2.

I don't agree with that. Personally, i think Bell gets knocked because in people's minds they think a 6'1" 230+ pound RB should just be running everybody over. That isn't Bell's style, but it doesn't mean he is soft or fails to use his size. Honestly, i don't find Bell to be a soft player in the slightest. He has some elusiveness for a back his size and uses it and used it quite well at the college level. However, you rarely saw him being brought down by a single player, or being driven backward on contact. He also does a pretty good job of picking up yards after first contact.

Like i have said, i don't think he is a star. He isn't going to be a big play threat in the NFL nor is he going to be capable of ripping off some of the big plays he did at the college level. However, that doesn't mean he can't be useful in the NFL. Again, as i have mentioned, he is actually quite good out of the backfield and from what i have seen is a solid pass protector at the position.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't follow college ball so I'll take your word on the players. looks good to me.

You made a fantastic point with your 5th rd OG selection though. That being, who will we have to replace rather than re-sign. Salary cap pretty much dictates the roster and looking at all the FA's we've got coming in the next few years there's no way we keep all of them.

Vasquez is the only solid on the OL for the next 4 years. All the rest will either re-sign or move on. Same with our WR's. In 4 years we don't have both Decker and DT.

The list goes on. Anyway, thanks for bringing up that point germ. We not only need to draft for our present roster, but with an eye to the near future.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: GERM-X: 2nd 2013 Bronco Mock Draft Reply with quote

Overall, I like the selections.

germ-x wrote:

2nd Round: #58 John Simon, DE, Ohio State

5th Round: #161 Chris Faulk, OT/OG, LSU

Simon looks maxed out. He made himself into the best he can be as a college player. I'm not sure if he can improve much as a pro player. To me, he looks like he would peak as a journeyman player who hangs around for a few years in the NFL but doesn't star. A second round pick seems too high.

Faulk would be great value in the 5th.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather a combo of damontre Moore and Rambo in rd two

Props to Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: