Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins sign CB Brent Grimes to 1-year, $5.5M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great deal for us- if he's healthy, we've got a great corner for a year and first shot at resigning him. If not, he's gone this upcoming offseason.

Worthy risk- now we're even closer to full-on BPA come draft day. Only definite glaring need that we can't afford to go without addressing by next season is OT.
BDog19851

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this singing! Low risk with a potential high reward. Makes OT the last glaring hole on the roster. Anyone feel like a trade up for Lane Johnson is coming. Possibly a OT and a G with the first two picks. Maybe even opens the door to draft Tavon Austin who people like a lot. However you look at it the team keeps getting better. I'm starting to see the playoffs in our future!
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Grimes perfectly represents much of our off-season. High risk, high reward kind of player. He could stink, he could be an amazing steal. The risk is we spend a decent chunk of change, but more importantly, for that kind of money he is being viewed as the primary candidate to start for the coming season. Certainly we will be bringing in a rookie (or two), but my guess is that kind of dough says they expect him to play this season.

I would have preferred they went the route they went with LB, which was younger candidate, with room to grow and upside (ala Toler, Munnerlyn, etc), but I certainly liked Grimes before his injury.

The Achilles injury is a serious one, especially for positions that rely so much on speed. Losing a step can be a big deal for a Corner, and players often take a season or more to get close to their old speed. That worries me along with his age, but he probably is the best guy left in the free agent market for corners.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I think Grimes perfectly represents much of our off-season. High risk, high reward kind of player. He could stink, he could be an amazing steal. The risk is we spend a decent chunk of change, but more importantly, for that kind of money he is being viewed as the primary candidate to start for the coming season. Certainly we will be bringing in a rookie (or two), but my guess is that kind of dough says they expect him to play this season.

I would have preferred they went the route they went with LB, which was younger candidate, with room to grow and upside (ala Toler, Munnerlyn, etc), but I certainly liked Grimes before his injury.

The Achilles injury is a serious one, especially for positions that rely so much on speed. Losing a step can be a big deal for a Corner, and players often take a season or more to get close to their old speed. That worries me along with his age, but he probably is the best guy left in the free agent market for corners.

I agree to a point....The risk is manageable as long as they continue to address the position in the draft...double down on CB and Tackle and your bound to get at least one starter on either side of the ball...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zing! gives us breathing room for rookies on the back end. like this move a lot
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good signing, gives a veteran at the position and allows us to look at other spots in first round.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats Week-Cool
60.8% CMP - 1133 yards -8 TD's - 5 INT's - 81.2 Rat
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!!! A starting caliber Corner on the roster.

Now if we could just get a starting caliber OT FA, then we could truly go BPA in round 1.
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

I can see the high risk high reward issue as it applies to Wallace, Louis & maybee the LB from Oakland.
But Grimes to a 1 yr deal ???
Nahhh ! Cool

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: