Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 MOCK DRAFT V.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: 2012 MOCK DRAFT V.2 Reply with quote

And. Here. We. Go.

*** The Denver Broncos trade #28 to the New York Jets for #41 & #108 ***

41 - Eddie Lacy RB (From Alabama, Junior, 5'11, 230lbs, 4.55 30 Estimate)

I will keep this explanation short and sweet. We have a huge hole on this team. That hole is a reliable RB. We all know that the RB position has been de-valued. We also all know that this team is spolied with talent, with very few holes. For this reason, we can go ahead and take the opportunity to snatch up a talent like Lacy and not look back. He is everything we need in a RB. The guy that can get those short yards and compiment our passing game with a smash mouth running game. His talent is overlooked because of his OL. But, lets all remember that the OL opens holes. Its relativley rare that the OL makes it to the 2nd level and helps the RB. When watching Lacy, dont pay attention to his initial holes. Watch him at the second level. He is excellent. His power is obvious, his agility is excellent, his spin move and stiff arm are elite. He is built like a NFL RB and he has very few carries on his body. In addition, his pass catching is underrated. He is also an average pass blocker showing the willingness to throw away his body but limited anticipation. This flaw can be corrected. I truly believe he is the next Frank Gore. [Plays 65% of RB snaps in 2013]
2012 STATS - 14 games, 204 carries, 1,322 yards, 6.5 ypc, 17 TD, 22 catches, 198 yards, 2 TD
CAREER STATS - 38 games, 355 carries, 2,402 yards, 6.8 ypc, 30 TD, 35 catches, 338 yards, 2 TD

58 - Cory Lemonier DE/SLB (From Auburn, Junior, 6'3, 255lbs, 4.60 40)

While this guy may be nothing more than a situational pass rusher, he projects to be an elite situational pass rusher. Cory will immediatley take Doom's place on obvious passing downs, and will excel when allowed to pin his ears back. He needs to add weight to be a 3 down DE, but he can immediatley come in and improve our already great pass rushing unit. His Sophmore year was incredible, but he seemed to regress his Junior year. Regardless, he is a incredible physical talent with excellent quick twitch explosion. He provides added value as a guy that can be used as a poor mans Von Miller, moving all around the field. He has a similar skill set to Jaball Sheard.
2012 STATS - 12 games, 34 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks [Plays 35% of DE snaps in 2013]
CAREER STATS - 39 games, 98 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, 17 sacks

*** The Denver Broncos trade #92 and #108 to the San Diego Chargers for #75 ***

75 - DJ Swearinger FS/SS (From South Carolina, Senior, 5'10, 208lbs, 4.67 40)

Its clear that Elway wants starters from the get-go high in the draft and this is a guy that can push, and probably win the starting second S job from Adams/Carter. He is just a excellent football player. He has experience playing SS, FS, Nickle CB, outside CB and ST. He hits with power when needed, but knows when to wrap up. He was the vocal heart of South Carolina for his career, and a vocal defensive leader is sorely lacking on this team IMO. He isnt the fastest guy, but has off the charts instincts. He has the experience and FB IQ to start from day 1. His agressiveness can get the best of him, as he will get penalties, but he will mature with time. He can make plays, but isnt ever going to be an Ed Reed type. His best attribute may be his range, as he always seems to be around the ball. I think that he ends up clocking in around 4.55 at his pro day, which may raise his stock. I am stealing this comparison from NFL.com but he has alot of TJ Ward in his play. [Wins starting spot; plays 80% of S snaps in 2013]
2012 STATS - 12 games, 79 tackles, 7 pass breakups, 2 INT
CAREER STATS - 52 games, 244 tackles, 16 pass breakups, 6 INT

127 - Montori Hughes NT (From Tennessee-Martin, Senior, 6'4, 239lbs, 5.23 40)

This team really has no developmental talent at DT. I know that Wolfe played DT in College, but he is going to be a DE from this point on IMO. Additionally, Mitch Unrein is a decent rotational guy but IMO doesnt have starter potential. While Hughes is raw, he has the size and atheticism that Fox and Co. covet. He started off at Tennessee as a highly recruited prospect but was booted from the team. He went on to the small Tennessee-Martin and played quite well but was unspectacular. Regardless, we can use depth and a developmental starter that has the girth to fit what Fox and JDR seem to want out of their DT's. His game is actually quite similar to Terrance Knighton, all the talent in the world with a hot/cold motor and some overblown character concerns but concerns nontheless. [Plays 15% of DT snaps in 2013]
2012 STATS - 11 games, 42 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss, 4 sacks
CAREER STATS - 47 games, 109 tackles, 23 tackles for loss, 7 sacks

163 - Josh Boyce WR (From TCU, SR Junior, 5'11, 206lbs, 4.38 40)

I am not quite sure how this kid is so underrated. He was the go-to guy for Dalton and continued to put up excellent stats with sub-par QB talent. He has a versatile skillset, translating as a slot WR or on the outside. Additionally, he has the size and straight line speed to be a legit ST contributer from the get-go. His frame is excellent, as he isnt tall but has excellent strength and the speed to take the top off a defense. This year he will mostly be used on ST and as a straight line deep threat but in the future he could be a replacement for Welker in the slot or Decker if he gets overpaid and walks next summer. I would compare him to Antonio Brown. [Plays 5% of WR snaps in 2013]
2012 STATS - 13 games, 66 catches, 891 yards, 13.5 ypc, 7 TD
CAREER STATS - 39 games, 161 catches, 2,535 yards, 15.7 ypc, 22 TD

236 - Melvin White (From Lousiana-Lafayette, Senior, 6'3, 191lbs, 4.50 Estimate)

After the talk of the Broncos FO wanting to emulate the Seahawks secondary, and our continual emphasis on bigger CB's, I cant imagine coming out of this draft without a large CB prospect. Enter Mr. White. He isnt polished in any sense and may not have the hip fluidity or overall awareness to be an NFL player but he has excellent size and very good speed for his size. We have a large stable of quality CB's - Champ, DRC, Harris, Bolden, Carter. We dont need another roster spot for a CB, and this is why we wait until the 7th to take a low risk/high reward guy. He has the size to be the next Richard Sherman but he neeeds to get far more physical and spend a year or two on the PS. Regardless, his talent in very obvious and this late in the draft you need to just risk it. He may be the next Lenny Walls. [Plays 0% of CB snaps in 2013]
2012 STATS - 13 games, 60 tackles, 10 pass breakups, 0 INT
CAREER STATS - 50 games, 155 tackles, 19 pass breakups, 2 INT

2013/14 ROSTER

QB - Peyton Manning / Brock Osweiler
RB - Eddie Lacy / Ronnie Hillman / Knowshon Moreno OR Willis McGahee
FB - Jacob Hester
WR1 - Deymarius Thomas / Gerell Robinson
WR2 - Eric Decker / Trindon Holliday
SLOT - Wes Welker / Josh Boyce
TE - Joel Dressen / Jacob Tamme / Virgil Green
LT - Ryan Clady / Chris Clark
LG - Zane Beadles / Philip Blake
OC - JD Walton / Dan Koppen
RG - Louis Vasquez / Philip Blake / Chris Kuper
RT - Orlando Franklin / Chris Clark

DE - Derek Wolfe / Malik Jackson
DT - Kevin Vickerson / Montori Hughes
DT - Terrance Knighton / Mitch Unrein
DE - Robert Ayers / Cory Lemonier
SLB - Von Miller / Stewart Bradley
MLB - Nate Irving / Steven Johnson
WLB - Wesley Woodyard / Danny Trevathan
CB1 - Champ Bailey / Tony Carter
CB2 - Dominique Rogers-Cromartie / Omar Bolden
SLOT - Chris Harris
S - Rahim Moore / David Bruton
S - DJ Swearinger OR Mike Adams / Quinton Carter

PASS RUSH

DE - Von Miller
DT - Derek Wolfe
DT - Kevin Vickerson
DE - Cory Lemonier
LB - Wesley Woodyard
LB - Danny Trevathan
CB1 - Champ Bailey
CB2 - DRC
NICKLE - Chris Harris
S - Rahim Moore
S - DJ Swearinger OR Mike Adams

ST

PR/KR - Trindon Holliday
K - Matt Prater
P - Britton Colquitt
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't hate it.

I like Lemonier as a situational pass rusher and I like Swearinger's upside with good coaching. Given the way with which Swearinger plays, at worst he'd be a standout on special teams but has the potential to be a Pro Bowl safety. I don't like using a top pick on a RB but getting Lacy at #41 would be great value. However, I doubt he lasts that long. I'd be much happier with Lacy + an extra pick than I would with Lacy at #28, given the likely other options available.

It's a draft based largely on potential rather than instant-impact and that's not the worst thing in the world.

In the end, I think I could live with this.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I like it. If we could walk away with these players today I would be a happy man. Unfortunately we probably won't. lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Montori Hughes too. I had him in my mock a few weeks ago and I think he can develop into a very solid DT. Definitely worth a mid-late round pick imo. You have his weight off just by a few though Laughing

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: