Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you don't like this mock, thank Flacco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: If you don't like this mock, thank Flacco Reply with quote

Notable Losses
Ray Lewis
Matt Birk
Anquan Boldin
Bernard Pollard
Ed Reed
Cary Williams
Paul Kruger
Dannell Ellerbe
Ma'ake Kemoeatu
Bryant McKinnie

FA Signings
Chris Canty, DE- 3yrs/$8m
Marcus Spears, DE- 2 yrs/$3.55m
Elvis Dumervil, ET - 5 years/$35M
Michael Huff, FS - 3 years/$6M

Draft

** TRADE ** w/ Buffalo: #32(1st), #199(6th) for #41(2nd), #71(3rd)

Round 2, Pick 41 - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

Player Comparison: James Carpenter
Vintage Ozzie. Rather than taking an impact player, Baltimore continues to build in the trenches taking a dominant run blocker in Fluker. The mauler will take over the RT spot and force Oher back to LT. With Oher playing in a contract year, next to KO, it's now or never and there's no excuse for him to not have a great year.

Round 2, Pick 62 - Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

Player Comparison: Dez Bryant
Rogers reminds me so much of Dez Bryant it's almost eerie from his size to the way he plays to the over blown character issues. Like Dez, I expect Da'Rick makes everyone forget about his character red flags, especially if he'll be playing in Baltimore. Playing with the Ravens, with Torrey Smith, it'll quickly help him become a professional the same way it helped Jimmy Smith.

Round 3, Pick 71 - Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford

Player Comparison: Clay Matthews
Very coachable because of his intelligence, work ethic and motor. Thomas possesses the intangibles you look for in a player. His likely familiarity with Harbaugh and the coaching staff should help him make a quick transition to our team.

Round 3, Pick 94 - Gerald Hodges, LB, Linebacker U

Player Comparison: NaVorro Bowman
One of the best athletes in this class, Hodges is a converted safety with great coverage skills. He has great instincts and can stop the run very well. Stepped up as a leader during the tribulations of the Jerry Sandusky scandal and when Michael Mauti was out, injured.

Round 4, Pick 129 - Joe Kruger, DE, Utah

Player Comparison: Jared Allen
Elm Street will stay in Baltimore. His brother Paul, who we're all familiar with admits that he's the most athletic Kruger. At this point, Kruger is a little bit of a project so even though the depth at defensive end is already very deep it will allow Kruger some time to develop. Arthur Jones will be a free agent next year and will likely continue the trend of past Ravens defensive players in being over paid... once that happens Kruger will take over the starting 34 DE position and the Ravens will gain another compensatory pick.

Round 4, Pick 130 - B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary

Player Comparison: Asante Samuel
His last name is Webb, he plays corner, and has dreads. Talk about a winning formula. If he falls to this pick why wouldn't Baltimore take him? With the uncertainty of Lardarius' health after having torn his ACL for the second time in three years, Corey Graham set to become an UFA next year, and Jimmy Smith having a hard time getting on the field thus far it would be wise to had another talented corner who can also contribute on special teams and could possibly convert to safety if need be. B.W. will compete with Chris Johnson and Asa Jackson for the 5th and 6th corner spots.

Round 5, Pick 165 - Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific

Player Comparison: King Dunlap
Our depth at LT is limited and Oher will be a free agent next year. If he leaves, Marquardt could potentially replace him or at least provide solid depth.

Round 5, Pick 168 - Michael Williams, TE, Alabama

Player Comparison: Matt Spaeth
Ed Dickson will be a UFA next year and the Ravens are in need of a blocking tight end. What else needs to be said?

Round 6, Pick 200 - Mario Benavides, C, Louisville Cardinals

Player Comparison: John Sullivan
He'll provide depth at center and guard... as well as competition for Gino.

Round 6, Pick 203 - Joe Vellano, DT, Maryland

Player Comparison: Kelly Gregg
With Terrence Cody being an UFA next year, the Ravens could look to find a replacement and do so with Vellano. He's a hard work worker with a great motor.

Round 7, Pick 238 - Alex Carder, QB, Western Michigan

Player Comparison: Graham Harrell
Accurate thrower and a tough competitor. He gives the Ravens a true pocket passer back-up, unlike Tyrod Taylor.

Round 7, Pick 247- Brad Wing, P, LSU

Sam Koch sucked last year and releasing him would save a lot of cap room. Plus, Brad Wing is awesome and it's a 7th round comp pick.

Depth Chart:

QB: Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor, Alex Carder
HB: Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Anthony Allen, Bobby Rainey
FB: Vonta Leach
WR1: Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, David Reed, LaQuan Williams
WR2: Da'Rick Rogers, Tandon Doss, Tommy Streeter, Deonte Thompson
TE: Dennis Pitta, Ed Dickson, Michael Williams
LT: Michael Oher, Luke Marquardt
LG: Kelechi Osemele, Ramon Harewood
C: Gino Gradkowski, Mario Benavides
RG: Marshal Yanda
RT: D.J. Fluker, Jah Reid

DE: Arthur Jones, Pernell McPhee, Joe Kruger
NT: Haloti Ngata, Terrence Cody, Joe Vellano
DE: Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, DeAngelo Tyson
OLB: Terrell Suggs, Courtney Upshaw
ILB: Josh Bynes, Albert McCellan
ILB: Gerald Hodges, Jameel McClain, Brendon Ayanbadejo
OLB: Elvis Dumervil, Chase Thomas, Adrian Hamilton
LCB: Lardarius Webb, Corey Graham, B.W. Webb
FS: Michael Huff, Christian Thompson, Anthony Levine
SS: James Ihedigbo, Omar Brown
RCB: Jimmy Smith, Chykie Brown, Asa Jackson

K: Justin Tucker
P: Brad Wing
LS: Morgan Cox

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:20 am; edited 4 times in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud your effort and the time it took to do this, but I still stand my ground in saying that it's a HUGE mistake to not draft an ILB in the first 2/3 rounds or get one via Free Agency. Simply has to be done.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I applaud your effort and the time it took to do this, but I still stand my ground in saying that it's a HUGE mistake to not draft an ILB in the first 2/3 rounds or get one via Free Agency. Simply has to be done.

I know...

BareYourTeeth wrote:
Round 3, Pick 94 - Gerald Hodges, LB, Linebacker U

Player Comparison: NaVorro Bowman
A converted safety with great coverage skills. Also great at stopping the run. Stepped up as a leader during the tribulations of the Jerry Sandusky scandal and when Michael Mauti was out, injured.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, saw the 3 pictures ahead of him and thought he was a 5th rounder...THANKS JOE FLACCO??

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
My bad, saw the 3 pictures ahead of him and thought he was a 5th rounder...THANKS JOE FLACCO??

That's cool.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of the Fluker pick, I'd rather have someone like Tank Carradine if they were around. Our OL would be pretty much be the same from last year imo, even if we drafted Fluker. Oher, I don't think is ever going to improve at LT, he's too short, and meant to be on the right. I want a real LT at this point. Other than that I like it.
Anubiz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd actually prefer Brennan Williams, OT in that slot which you took DJ Fluker.

I see Fluker as kind of a poor-man's Phil Loadholt in a lot of ways.

He's going to be a dominant run-blocker in the league but I think he's going to be a really poor pass blocker as I don't think he has the quickness/reaction time/quickness off the snap to react to some of the speed rushers he'll face.

While I think Williams has the potential to actually be the LT of the future for this team.

I absolutely love, love, love, love, love Da'Rick Rogers.

& I love the Gerald Hodges pick as well.

I actually like the way this mock goes quite a bit.

Edit: Only pick I'm not a fan of is Chase Thomas, I'd like to see Baltimore take a Safety there in the 3rd.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of this mock. Baltimore taking a RT/OG prospect with their first pick doesn't make a ton of sense. If they're going to take an OL high in the draft I think it's definitely going to be a LT. I don't mind Oher being flipped back to LT but if that's going to happen I'd rather they just see what Reid can do at RT before investing a major asset in the position. Oher playing next to Osemele probably isn't going to lead him to having a huge year either since that never happened while he was playing RT with Yanda next to him.

A lot of people like Rodgers but I'm iffy on him. He has just about all of the physical talent you want but the character concerns with him are off-putting. Bryant hasn't made anybody forget the character concerns with him either considering some of the off-field stuff that's gone on in his career. Kenny Britt would be another apt comparison.

Thomas is just a waste of a pick. He has no familiarity with Baltimore's Harbaugh and no place on the team as an OLB.

I like Hodges. That's a good pick who compliments what the Ravens have.

Kruger isn't bad. He's not going to be a part of the rotation next season but considering Jones is a free agent at the end of it he makes some sense. Canty and Spears both singed multi-year deals but they're both 30 as well.

I think Ravens fans like B.W. Webb more because of his last name than anything else. He's not a bad pick there but a CB isn't necessary in my opinion. Even if Webb isn't ready to go I really doubt B.W. would overtake any of Smith, Graham, or Brown on the depth chart. They still have Asa Jackson as well who should be a bit more developed than last season. Chris Johnson is under contract too but he's not worth anything in my opinion.

Marquardt is okay in the 5th round. Ozzie has brought in a couple of the behemoth small-school OTs the past few years (Harewood and Mims) so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him taken by the Ravens.

Williams is probably a reach that high. He's a good blocker but that's all he brings to the table. I see him as a 6th-7th round guy. Not a terrible pick though.

Benavides can compete for interior OL depth. He would be the 9th OL on the team though after you already drafted Fluker and Marquardt (in addition to Oher, Osemele, Gradkowski, Yanda, Reid, and Harewood). I don't think the Ravens are taking more than two OL in the draft. Maybe not even more than one. They're likely going to bring in a veteran to backup/compete with Gradkowski and teams usually carry 8-9 OL on the roster. Of course Benevides could be a practice squad guy too.

Vellano is meh. Just another body to compete with Tyson and Hall as the third-string guys.

I like the notion of the Ravens taking a late-round QB. Taylor isn't a guy I'd be comfortable with throwing the ball if Flacco gets hurt.

Wing is a great value there but totally unnecessary. Koch was tied for 7th in net punting average last season and if that qualifies as sucking then expectations for him are unrealistically high. Cutting Koch wouldn't really save much cap room either after you factor in the accelerated bonus and the contract for the replacement punter (in this case Wing).

The lack of a quality safety (outside of Huff) added in glaring. I don't think a team can rely on young players with suspect talent levels at that position like the Ravens have done at ILB. They're comparable situations in my opinion. And only one of those young players with suspect talents levels at S (Thompson) has any real upside. I like him but I think he's more of a replacement for Huff in 1-2 years than he is a starter now. The first few picks of this mock are mostly what makes my opinion of it more negate. The higher picks aren't the be-all end-all of a draft but I think they're by far the most important.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad IMO. Thoughts:

Fluker is a decent value at 41 IMO, but as coordinator said, I'm not sure if he's the right fit at LT and I am very against the shuffling of the line. I'd like a pure LT.

Da'Rick Rogers is nice.

I like Hodges more than Thomas (who I admittedly don't know too much about).

Joe Kruger is a good one.

CB is not even close to a need, but I like BW Webb and think he's a fantastic value if we take him there so I like that one.

Michael Williams has been in a few mocks and I really love him as a 3rd blocking tight end. Think he would be a perfect fit for us.

Haven't seen Marquardt play really but also as coordinator eluded to he seems like a Harewood type pick so that works.

I like Vellano as a guy that would push Tyson to be better and offer some more flexibility.

Don't like replacing Sam Koch.

I'm down for a late round QB, but I don't know much about Carder though. I like Sean Renfree depending on how far he falls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: