Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 STEP DROP: IS THERE TIME ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: 5 STEP DROP: IS THERE TIME ? Reply with quote

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/29/will-ryan-tannehill-have-the-time-to-use-his-shiny-new-weapons/

Do you have thoughts about whether we can put together the kind of offensive line that will allow Tannehill to use the weapons acquired ?

1 guard who made the pro bowl, but not an ideal fit. Another who's fresh off an ACL, a right tackle that should be a back up. And a left tackle coming off a horrible season.

Can this be fixed between now and the start of the season?

Thoughts

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.

Last edited by dolphinologist on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Russ57

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one that thinks we will draft a couple/few OL men.

I also share your concerns and had voiced them before. Wallace and Hartline seem like the type that need a little time for the routes to develop.

I'm hoping we will be creative with motion and where guys line up. I'm also hoping we do better with our TE's and players out of the backfield.

If we can get the right guys and teach them this ZBS things could look very good for us. It is going to be a lot to digest though....from the line/TE to the QB to the RB. I anticapate some growing pains but in a couple of years I think we will be ready to strike. Tom can't last forever and the rest of the divison is in shambles.

We need guys that make the right reads and get where they are supposed to be in a hurry. I'm convinced that is the biggest reason Bush wasn't retained. He just wouldn't do as he was told.

Personally I'd like to see more 3 step drops and screens than 7 step drops.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have time to fix this especially with some extra picks and the ability to maneuver during draft night and maybe possibly Winston.

In a way does this remind anyone of the WR position last year? I mean in the sense the staff see's a bunch of guys Samuda,Yeatman, Martin,Louis and Jerry all guys with arrow up talent and the staff is banking on a couple of them to step up.

By the way thank God for pouncey at this point
skatewood2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we draft Cooper in the 1st and then we take a RT in the late 2nd or 3rd. I think that would be a major upgrade for our O-Line.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think any offense should have 7 step drops unless you are talking about Hail Mary plays. Its just too much to ask of your lineman and giving defensive lineman (more specifically ends) more latitude to get to the QB. The best way to put it is you are banking a offensive lineman to move backwards faster than a defensive end who is running forward. If Philbin is hell bent on creating the offensive line protection that Aaron Rogers received, I am not buying it. 5 step drops are the max a NFL offense should go. Do I have to remind anyone of Mike Martz, who refused to adopt another model and it got him fired multiple times?
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I do not think any offense should have 7 step drops unless you are talking about Hail Mary plays. Its just too much to ask of your lineman and giving defensive lineman (more specifically ends) more latitude to get to the QB. The best way to put it is you are banking a offensive lineman to move backwards faster than a defensive end who is running forward. If Philbin is hell bent on creating the offensive line protection that Aaron Rogers received, I am not buying it. 5 step drops are the max a NFL offense should go. Do I have to remind anyone of Mike Martz, who refused to adopt another model and it got him fired multiple times?

Heed taken, thanks

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more i think it's likely that Miami packages a couple picks from this draft to move up and get Eric Fisher. I think Miami wants to get a T in this draft that can step in day one and play LT or RT.

Now we are addressing the G situation. We are looking to replace John Jerry by bringing in Lance Louis. Yes fresh off an ACL tear but a quality G and a guy that fits the system. Big strong OL that is athletic.

We also have a guy most of you may not have paid any mind to in Josh Samuda. The kid was our primary interior back up. He can play C, RG, and LG. He has very high potential and can be developed into a solid G in our system.

Honestly, look for a trade up to get Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson to help sure up our open Tackle spot.

This draft can help us fix the OL. Right now we have so much going for us, we can draft 2 or 3 OL. Let's also not forget Nate Garner can be a guy to play solid for a season until we can find a replacement.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: