Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you do this trade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you pull the trigger on this trade?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Only if...(explain)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Would you do this trade? Reply with quote

I was looking at the draft boards, and knowing that Buddy would love to gain some extra picks, I started to think who could be a willing trade partner. I landed on the San Francisco 49ers who have a boatload of picks. They may be looking to move up for some help on the d-line (if someone were to fall) so here is the hypothetical trade I came up with.

49ers receive:

1st round pick 8th overall selection (1500 points)

Bills receive:

1st round pick 31st overall selection (625 points)
2nd round pick 33rd overall selection (570 points)
2nd round pick 61st overall selection (300 points)

a difference of 5 points. Now it looks like the 49ers are giving up an awful lot for one pick, but if there is someone they fall in love with then they just might pull the trigger. This would allow us to do something like this in the draft..

31st: TE Tyler Eifert
33rd: QB Matt Barkley
41st: WR Robert Woods
61st: DE/OLB Sam Montgomery

(or insert personal favourites)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck yeah! Mostly because as much as we are fixating on the QB position this year, the QB class is way deeper next year and I don't think we'll turn this ship around in one season. The extra picks would help speed the process up and allow us to fill in the gaps and even put off the QB until next year. The 2014 draft has Carr, Fales, Bridgewater, MacCarren, Thomas, Murray, Boyd, and who knows who else! We'd have an opportunity to get a QB just as good and maybe better than any we could pick at 31 or 33.

(EDIT) - Of course, Nix would be gone if he failed to draft a QB early this year. But since it would be my 1st, I'd be cut some slack! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for a trade back. I think with this Flynn trade the QB depth will be there at the top half of round 2. I think the depth of this draft is pretty solid and we can pick up 3 or 4 good prospects in the first 2 rounds I would be very pleased.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
joutman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: I would love to do this Reply with quote

I think Lotulei would still need to be on the board for them to want to jump that high. Minnesota has 2 first round picks and might wish to move up.

I think I would go a different route with the picks though

Deandre Hopkins WR
Kevin Minter ILB
Jonathon Cyprien S
Stedman Bailey WR

3rd round- Matt Scott QB
4th Round- Vance McDonald TE
5th Round- JC Tretter G
6th Round-Brandon McGee CB

I know that leaves us in a hole at QB but I am not sold on any of them. Scott would give us someone with a lot of upside.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Would you do this trade? Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I was looking at the draft boards, and knowing that Buddy would love to gain some extra picks, I started to think who could be a willing trade partner. I landed on the San Francisco 49ers who have a boatload of picks. They may be looking to move up for some help on the d-line (if someone were to fall) so here is the hypothetical trade I came up with.

49ers receive:

1st round pick 8th overall selection (1500 points)

Bills receive:

1st round pick 31st overall selection (625 points)
2nd round pick 33rd overall selection (570 points)
2nd round pick 61st overall selection (300 points)

a difference of 5 points. Now it looks like the 49ers are giving up an awful lot for one pick, but if there is someone they fall in love with then they just might pull the trigger. This would allow us to do something like this in the draft..

31st: TE Tyler Eifert
33rd: QB Matt Barkley
41st: WR Robert Woods
61st: DE/OLB Sam Montgomery

(or insert personal favourites)

I think Barkley won't last til 2nd but that draft is sick.. By your scenario it would probably be Eifert, Nassib, Woods than Montgomery.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But yeah I'd do that trade
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree BillsGuy82 that Barkley likely won't last the long, but one can hope haha.

Joutman, I like your draft as well. Especially since if we have a terrible season we can grab a QB next year and already have a tonne of pieces in place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great trade and you could conceivably get more from the 49ers also. With the new CBA, teams are much more willing to pick in the top 10 because they don't have to commit to the monster contract. For example the falcons trading the farm for Julio Jones. I'm sure San Fran would love to land a physical corner like Xavier Rhodes. I personally think he's going to be a stud. Just remember that Leon Hall was supposed to be "the man". Got picked in the top 10. Then a guy named Revis got picked in the teens.

TommyC376^^^
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there will be a "julio Jones" available that will get us that kind of return..

However, if your deal is on the table I take it in a heartbeat..

I would take:

1.31 QB-Matt Barkley - I think he will be available.. Look at the teams that need QBs, they are ALL at the top of the round.. If the Bills pass on a QB, nobody needs one until the 2nd, which means Barkley would be there unless someone trades ahead of us

2.33 LB-Manti T'eo - The mock I look at has him going 52nd.. After another poor 40 time, I think he is definitely available at the top of the 2nd.. I think his gametape makes him a worthwhile pick at a decent value slot.. Maybe his athleticism is too average, but his instincts seem to be there and I think he could be a valuable piece inside our 3-4..

2.41 WR-Robert Woods - Aside from the fact that it gives Barkley comfort zone of his former WR, I think he is too talented to still be on the board.. He is very Stevie Johnsonish, and I would be happy to have him here..

I think if we can get 3 preseason top 10 guys in a draft, it is a job well done..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things will happen in order for me to like this idea. One geno must be off the board before the bills are up and another is which player would the niners be willing to give up those 3 picks in order to move to 8.

Matt Barkley isn't the answer he doesn't fit the bills scheme and his arm strength is weak. I also don't think TE is the proper pick I don't see them being available either. QB, WR, LB, and either S or another WR with the picks. To many IFs and this would obviously have to happen when bills are one the clock.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
A few things will happen in order for me to like this idea. One geno must be off the board before the bills are up and another is which player would the niners be willing to give up those 3 picks in order to move to 8.

Matt Barkley isn't the answer he doesn't fit the bills scheme and his arm strength is weak. I also don't think TE is the proper pick I don't see them being available either. QB, WR, LB, and either S or another WR with the picks. To many IFs and this would obviously have to happen when bills are one the clock.

Two things I disagree with;

1. Barkley fits a WCO perfectly
2. His arm strength isn't weak, its just not elite. Brady is a perfect example of someone who's arm strength wasn't elite when joining the league and then with NFL workout programs made it into what it is today.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
I dont think there will be a "julio Jones" available that will get us that kind of return..

However, if your deal is on the table I take it in a heartbeat..

I would take:

1.31 QB-Matt Barkley - I think he will be available.. Look at the teams that need QBs, they are ALL at the top of the round.. If the Bills pass on a QB, nobody needs one until the 2nd, which means Barkley would be there unless someone trades ahead of us

2.33 LB-Manti T'eo - The mock I look at has him going 52nd.. After another poor 40 time, I think he is definitely available at the top of the 2nd.. I think his gametape makes him a worthwhile pick at a decent value slot.. Maybe his athleticism is too average, but his instincts seem to be there and I think he could be a valuable piece inside our 3-4..

2.41 WR-Robert Woods - Aside from the fact that it gives Barkley comfort zone of his former WR, I think he is too talented to still be on the board.. He is very Stevie Johnsonish, and I would be happy to have him here..

I think if we can get 3 preseason top 10 guys in a draft, it is a job well done..

This would literally be my perfect scenario.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I'll give Matt Barkley and Robert Woods.... Lane Kiffin is a horrible coach.

TommyC376^^^
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this draft where the top talent is considerably less "elite" compared to most year, acquiring more picks is better.

If you're gonna win a sig bet, at least do a better job than this.
AnafiWhat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Kolb signing increases the possibility the Bills move down. They don't have a "dire" need to draft a QB. They can wait until later in round one or two if they want, or even next year if they don't like anyone. I think they make a deal like this and draft a guy like Barkley/Nassib/Wilson in the 2nd and then address TE/WR/LB/DB with their 3 2nd's and 3rd round picks. Having Kolb, maybe signing a vet like Brandon Moore at LG and then trading down to be able to take QB-Barkley/WR-Hopkins/CB-Amerson/ILB Bositc or Minter/TE-Kelce in rounds 1-3 would be a nice haul and set us up well for the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: