Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Numbers "What I Think Will Happen" Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Numbers "What I Think Will Happen" Mock Draft Reply with quote

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign OT Eric Winston to a 2 Year Contract

The Eagles have been connected to Winston all offseason, and we recently checked back in with him after he left Miami without a deal. It has been reported that Winston has moved on from the idea of playing with the Dolphins. The only other team in the running is San Diego, but I feel like the Eagles persistence in their pursuit of Winston will help win him over to sign with the Eagles over the Chargers as he has been in touch with the Eagles more recently than with the Chargers (visited at the open of free agency, but hasn't talked to them since) and he buys into what Chip Kelly is selling.

With the 4th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive End Ezekiel Ansah, Birmingham Young University

Ansah is raw right now, but he's got the versatility to play all over in a 3 man front whether it be at the 3 technique, 5 technique, the nose on passing downs, and even stand up and play linebacker. As we know, Chip Kelly loves versatility, and Ziggy certainly has that in spades. He's already very good against the run, commanding doubles at times and rarely losing ground, and has shown incredible development over the past year as a pass rusher when given the opportunity, and has very good instincts for someone as new to football as he is. He's got the upside to be a better version of Calais Campbell if played exclusively as a 5-technique, but could also be moved around as a chess piece. He's a building block for the new regime moving forward, and has the potential to team with Fletcher Cox to form one of the best and most athletic 34 ends in the NFL.

Arrow The Philadelphia Eagles Trade the #35 Selection and the #101 Selection in the 2013 NFL Draft and DE Vinny Curry to the Denver Broncos in exchange for the #28 Selection and TE Julius Thomas

The Eagles trade up for their QB of the future, while swapping a draft pick of the past regime that doesn't fit the mold of that the new staff wants while adding another tight end with a ton of upside, but who only played 2 offensive snaps last season. The draft pick swap we win based on the trade value chart, but the swap of former picks who have seemed to fall out of favor with their respective teams but still have upside and likely need a change of scenery. Thomas is another tight end who can be moved around as a versatile weapon if developed.

With the 28th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Quarterback, E.J. Manuel, Florida State University

Manuel has all the physical traits you would want in your quarterback. He's 6'5, 240 pounds, with a big arm, played in a pro style offense, and can run the football. He really possesses a Cam Newton type skill set and has all the talent in the world to be an elite QB in the NFL, he's been productive at the college level despite never having an elite target to throw the ball to, and has won big games in college. So why is he being drafted so late? His pocket presence, ball placement, accuracy, and decision making have come under question. That said he's a high character guy with all the upside in the world and has good production in a tough conference, and he has first round physical talent and fits the Chip Kelly read-option quarterback mold, but also has pro-style offense experience.

With the 67th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Wide Receiver, Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech

If Rogers didn't have all the off-field issues you could make the argument he would be a top 15 pick. His combination of size, YAC ability, the ability to go up and get the football, athletic ability and hands might be the best combination in the draft, but his issues off the field are incredibly questionable to say the least. He got kicked off the Tennessee football team for smoking, and once tweeted that his game was like a "Cocaine Habit" which, given his off field issues is questionable judgement. That said, Rogers at this point is the best talent available, fits the offense, and has the talent to be a true long term number one receiver, with the only thing holding him back is himself. He falls in a deep receiver draft, but long term he could be the top receiver from this class. He'll open as the slot guy, but will see time outside with DeSean Jackson being moved around more.

Arrow The Philadelphia Eagles Trade QB Nick Foles to the New York Jets in exchange for the 106th Overall Selection in the 2013 NFL Draft and a 2014 Conditional Selection (2nd-4th)

After selecting his QB of the future in E.J. Manuel, Chip Kelly decides Foles is expendable, and the Jets, who need a cheap option to challenge Mark Sanchez at the QB position, step up and offer a 4th rounder this year and a pick based on snaps next season. With the presence of Marty Morhenwheg the interest should be there, and he has a skill set that could unseat Sanchez. For us we add a potential top 64 pick next year if he becomes the starter and plays a certain percentage of snaps, as well as regaining a similar pick to the one given up in the Manuel trade.

With the 106th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Safety, Duke Williams, University of Nevada-Reno

Outside of ball skills, Duke Williams has all the talent to be a terrific safety in the National Football League. He's willing and able to come up and make plays in the run, can play in multiple coverages and be effective, is a very good tackler, and can be an enforcer over the middle. That said, he's another guy who has had run-ins with the law, and in a deep safety class will slide later than his talent suggests. He's also got to tone down the physicality in coverage at times because he will get called for interference in the NFL, but all in all he is a talented safety with skills to be an immediate starter at free or strong safety. He'll open camp as the #3 safety, but could become a starter if Phillips isn't healthy or if Chung flops.

With the 136th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Offensive Tackle, Vinston Painter, Virginia Tech

A developmental offensive lineman with Jason Peters type athletic ability, Painter is a very raw offensive lineman, but has a ton of tools to work with. He had a very strong game against Clemson and Malliciah Goodman, and while he was playing RT in college, he could play LT in the NFL with development. He's got pretty natural feet and can fire off the ball in the running game, he gets inconsistent and has a tendency to get lost in the second level. He's got the length, athletic ability, and feet to be an NFL Left Tackle, and he shows the flashes of being a talent to be a very good player, but he just needs the proper coaching, and he will get that with Jeff Stoutland. Right now he'd be the 3rd left tackle with Peters and Herremans would be the guys to play that position in front of him, but he is the developmental guy with the versatility to play both tackle spots and even guard long term.

With the 210th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Center, Mario Benavides, Louisville

Benavides is an athletic pivot who can block on the move and gives us solid depth along the offensive line with starter potential in a zone scheme which requires movement. He needs to get stronger at the POA but he looks like he'll at least develop into a solid backup and spot starter at the very least in the near future.

With the 212th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive End, Nicholas Williams, Samford

Another athletic player with upside he can be a backup at the 3 or 5 technique. He could end up on the practice squad, but he's brought in as a developmental defensive end with athletic ability from a small school.

With the 218th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Cornerback, Demetrius McCray, Appalachian State University

A similar pick to Williams, a smaller school corner with length and athletic ability, McCray will battle for a roster spot, but is a prime candidate for the practice squad.

With the 239th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive Tackle, Gilbert Pena, Ole Miss

A big mountain of a DT, Pena is brought in as competition for Antonio Dixon behind Issaac Sopoaga.

UDFA
Guard, Chris McDonald, Michigan State
Weapon, MarQueis Gray, Minnesota
Running Back , Onterio McCalebb
Defensive End, Stacey McGee, Oklahoma

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
oland11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It like it. Would have preferred Star though
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, at this point this is more or less what I see happening

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first 3 picks could be major booms or colossal busts. I don't mind taking a chance on any of them TBH.

Duke Williams looks the part of an NFL safety.

Trading Curry and Foles makes sense, but doesn't DEN run a 3-4 (could be wrong here, but I thought Miller and Dumervile were OLBs)? Curry would be the same issue for them, if they run a 3-4.

Not bad overall. Good detail in explaining your picks.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistic. But I would prefer to avoid a QB this year.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
The first 3 picks could be major booms or colossal busts. I don't mind taking a chance on any of them TBH.

Duke Williams looks the part of an NFL safety.

Trading Curry and Foles makes sense, but doesn't DEN run a 3-4 (could be wrong here, but I thought Miller and Dumervile were OLBs)? Curry would be the same issue for them, if they run a 3-4.

Not bad overall. Good detail in explaining your picks.

Denver doesn't run a 3-4 they run a 4-3. Dumerville was the RDE while Von was the SAM backer. Curry would be replacing Dumerville as the RDE.

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Denver doesn't run a 3-4 they run a 4-3. Dumerville was the RDE while Von was the SAM backer. Curry would be replacing Dumerville as the RDE.
Ok, I had a feeling that might be it. Seems like a fair deal in order to move up for EJ, which we would most likely have to do if we want him.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can totally see this happening and I wouldn't be mad.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremendous effort and ability to articulate your thinking.

I can see Chip Kelly panicking for a QB this season.
I also think the Eagles will end up with Marqueis Gray by hook or by crook.
Note this: They may make a move for him after the fact and get a raw deal.
(I am also a big fan of the Oxford comma.)

On the downside:

I am not a big fan of Ansah.
He should have put up better numbers.
He hasn't even shown Mamula-esque stats.
He is either going to bust or flash-and-crash, but not be a stud.
Me no like.

As per my comment, Manuel is a reach.
The Eagles should pass.

I am actually OK with Williams.
Not a big fan, but he's a pro.

Painter represents poor value at this point.
He's a 7th round pick at best.
Too "developmental."

The rest of the picks are fine.
Pena, however, is my age.
There is little value for a team that is rebuilding.

Next time, bold out the rounds or the picks for easier viewing.
Some of us can't scroll and drink that well.
Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Winston signing, help on the offensive line is obviously a need and he could do a solid job at RT; realistic as well.

I never saw Ansah play in college but I love the versatality he brings to the table, along with pass rushing skills. He's soared up draft boards and deservedly so I suppose. I like the trade with the Broncos, Curry isn't really a fit in this defense and I like the upside Thomas brings to our offense, I expect us to add another TE before the offseason is over. I'm not sure if I like Manuel at 28, I don't value him as a first round pick. However, you see teams reaching a little bit for QBs every year so I wouldn't be too surprised if he snuck into the first round. I do like Manuel but he is pretty raw and will need some development, that's where Chip Kelly comes in; it won't hurt to have Vick as a "mentor" either. Solid pick. I love the Rodgers pick, obviously if it hadn't been for the off-field issues, he'd arguably be a borderline first round pick, as you mentioned. I love the Foles trade, fair value we get in return. Duke Williams is a great pick, good value and safety is a need. Not sure who the rest of the prospects are, but I like the positions you addressed.

Gray would be a great signing, I'd love to see how Kelly could implement him in our offense, McCalebb is a solid signing as well.

Overall, I loved what you did here. Everything seemed to be realistic with a lot of thought put into it. Great job man, one of the best mocks I've seen in a while. 8/10

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Anyone else? No just me? Alright
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Tremendous effort and ability to articulate your thinking.

I can see Chip Kelly panicking for a QB this season.
I also think the Eagles will end up with Marqueis Gray by hook or by crook.
Note this: They may make a move for him after the fact and get a raw deal.
(I am also a big fan of the Oxford comma.)

On the downside:

I am not a big fan of Ansah.
He should have put up better numbers.
He hasn't even shown Mamula-esque stats.

He played a lot of 3-4 end, some nose tackle, and outside linebacker and wasn't always asked to rush the passer. Hard to put up consistent production when playing different roles every play.

He is either going to bust or flash-and-crash, but not be a stud.
Me no like.

I disagree, he could be a stud but thats your opinion and you are entitled to it.

As per my comment, Manuel is a reach.
The Eagles should pass.

I somewhat agree, but it looks like Manuel is the guy Chip wants, and if he is, we'll do what we need to do to draft him. He's got the talent to be an NFL starter and the position and skill set boost his value. If Chip thinks Manuel is his guy he should take him.

I am actually OK with Williams.
Not a big fan, but he's a pro.

If he had ball skills and was cleaner off the field, he would be a first rounder.

Painter represents poor value at this point.
He's a 7th round pick at best.
Too "developmental."

Disagree, plenty of developmental players are taken in the 5th. Hell we've seen developmental guys go in the first. Painter has everything you look for in a LT, and with coaching could be the long term guy there.

The rest of the picks are fine.
Pena, however, is my age.
There is little value for a team that is rebuilding.

Meh Pena is the BPA at a position of need, thats the only reason I took him.

Next time, bold out the rounds or the picks for easier viewing.
Some of us can't scroll and drink that well.

I was going out drinking when I posted it so these kinds of nuances would take away from my drinking time.

rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want them to draft Da'Rick Rogers, but I don't think he will make it out of the 2nd round. Too much talent; players with his skill set have proven to be game changers in the NFL. I honestly could see him going in the top of the 2nd round, maybe even the end of the first.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's definitely realistic with a wildcard in that first pick, Chip might want his own guy in Jordan, but outside of that I could really see this happening.

As for it though, I'd prefer Star over Ziggy honestly, but I do think he has serious potential. Wouldn't be mad, but I don't think he should be Chips first pick. E.J Manuel is def a pick I see Chip making and I think he should if he can. Going to be an at-worst viable starter in this league IMO. Would love Da'Rick. Duke Williams isn't my favorite safety in this draft but I'd be fine with that. Love getting McCalebb in UDFA btw.

All in all, very realistic and I really wouldn't mind this at all.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it but Manuel, but this is really realistic

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big Manuel fan, but could definitely see us taking him. Love the Ansah, Rogers, and Williams picks. All seem like players this new regime would draft.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: