Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears re-sign QB Josh McCown to a 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:
I like Matt Scott quite a bit if he's there in the 4th...

Matt Scott could be the bears C.K.
Stop. Go watch CK @ Nevada, then watch Matt Scott. Not. Even. Close.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
G08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

It would be a great stretch, but he's an athletic kid with a strong, strong arm.

I wouldn't mind grooming him behind Cutler for the next few years, let Trestman coach him up and then see what happens down the line.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

It would be a great stretch, but he's an athletic kid with a strong, strong arm.

I wouldn't mind grooming him behind Cutler for the next few years, let Trestman coach him up and then see what happens down the line.

Ill pass on Matt Scott

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
G08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

As a developmental prospect? What don't you like?

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

PFW projects him as a 7th rd/UFA. That is where I would consider him.

I might take Tyler Wilson in the 4th but w/o a trade for more picks even that would be hard to do.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

The hype is there right now. He has an arm and is mobile. However, he is going to have to adjust ALOT coming into the NFL(The way he plays and a new system). I think the comparison to Seneca Wallace is fair. His mechanics(happy feet) are an issue. He will probably be overdrafted and I hope we arent the team to do it.

chiinaz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

Yeah! I am 45 yrs old and have not seen the Bears develop anything remotely close to a franchise QB. Matt is also very accurate too, but it would probably be a waste of draft pick and a disservice to a good kid.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiinaz wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

Yeah! I am 45 yrs old and have not seen the Bears develop anything remotely close to a franchise QB. Matt is also very accurate too, but it would probably be a waste of draft pick and a disservice to a good kid.

Thats not what I was referring to and the rest of that statement was very.....meatball fan.

chiinaz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

Thats not what I was referring to and the rest of that statement was very.....meatball fan.

You are right!

I root for the Bears,Cubs,Bulls & Blackhawks year in and year out = meatball fan.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiinaz wrote:

You are right!

I root for the Bears,Cubs,Bulls & Blackhawks year in and year out = meatball fan.

No but your statement was very meatball fan. Just like people screaming about how the McCaskey's are cheap. It was on that level.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiinaz wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

You are right!

I root for those same teams, I'm not a meatball fan.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
G08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

The hype is there right now. He has an arm and is mobile. However, he is going to have to adjust ALOT coming into the NFL(The way he plays and a new system). I think the comparison to Seneca Wallace is fair. His mechanics(happy feet) are an issue. He will probably be overdrafted and I hope we arent the team to do it.

He is, and that's where our QB Guru head coach comes into play. I'm not looking for a finished product by any means (I don't want to invest that high of a draft pick). I want raw talent that can be honed and sculpted with NO rush to be ushered onto the field.

Aaron Rodgers was broken down and completely rebuilt coming out of Cal... (no, I'm not saying Matt Scott is Aaron Rodgers).

WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

He is, and that's where our QB Guru head coach comes into play. I'm not looking for a finished product by any means (I don't want to invest that high of a draft pick). I want raw talent that can be honed and sculpted with NO rush to be ushered onto the field.

Aaron Rodgers was broken down and completely rebuilt coming out of Cal... (no, I'm not saying Matt Scott is Aaron Rodgers).

The point is where your going to have to take Matt Scott we shouldnt do it.Not for a project like that.

G08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

The point is where your going to have to take Matt Scott we shouldnt do it.Not for a project like that.

That's where we disagree... I think taking him in the 4th or 5th would be perfect (assuming we don't have a higher ranked prospect on the board).

WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
chiinaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Ill pass on Matt Scott

That's where we disagree... I think taking him in the 4th or 5th would be perfect (assuming we don't have a higher ranked prospect on the board).

Assuming he is there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: