Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OT: Tony Romo 6 years 108 million/55 guaranteed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: OT: Tony Romo 6 years 108 million/55 guaranteed Reply with quote

This is going to gt interesting with Cutler.

@RapSheet: Signing bonus for Tony Romo's deal with the #Cowboys? $25M. So, 6-year extension worth $108M, $55M guaranteed with a $25M signing bonus
Walshy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. Next year there are a ton of good QBs available so it is the year to draft one. But, I have high expectations for him and I think he will have a top 10 season. So hopefully he will not want this kind of money. a 6 year contract to a 32 year old QB is so stupid.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be the worst contract I have ever seen.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donavan McNab hates this deal, so it must not be that bad, McNab is a bafoon.

But what ever its Romo, hes there best option and a good QB. he just takes alot of flack there in Dallas.

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

But what ever its Romo, hes there best option and a good QB. he just takes alot of flack there in Dallas.

Seconded. This makes me wonder if the Bears will try to make an extension with Jay before the season gets too far under way, as Emery may want to avoid the spike in value if Jay has a great year.

That or pressure to take a QB earlier starts to rise. I'm not jealous of Emery and Trestman in making that choice.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

Seconded. This makes me wonder if the Bears will try to make an extension with Jay before the season gets too far under way, as Emery may want to avoid the spike in value if Jay has a great year.

That or pressure to take a QB earlier starts to rise. I'm not jealous of Emery and Trestman in making that choice.

I just can’t agree guys…$55 million guaranteed to a 33 years old QB (a couple of days before the draft) who has 1 playoff game win in his 7 years as a starter gets more guaranteed money than Joe Flacco who has just turned 28 years old and is coming off a SB win and has 9 playoff wins in just 5 years…that is an insane move by Dallas.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

I just can’t agree guys…$55 million guaranteed to a 33 years old QB (a couple of days before the draft) who has 1 playoff game win in his 7 years as a starter gets more guaranteed money than Joe Flacco who has just turned 28 years old and is coming off a SB win and has 9 playoff wins in just 5 years…that is an insane move by Dallas.

Jerry Jones never ceases to amaze me. Very high contract for a qb who's old and who ONLY plays well in the regular season. It will be very interesting to see when/ how much we offer Jay at some point in the season or after. I don't foresee a 100 Mill contract for Cutler. Do any of you?

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- Yards- TDs- Yac-
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

Jerry Jones never ceases to amaze me. Very high contract for a qb who's old and who ONLY plays well in the regular season. It will be very interesting to see when/ how much we offer Jay at some point in the season or after. I don't foresee a 100 Mill contract for Cutler. Do any of you?

I have no idea how to value Cutler right now...all I do know is I don't want to give any player on the team $100 million.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

I have no idea how to value Cutler right now...all I do know is I don't want to give any player on the team $100 million.

Couldn't agree more. He's clearly the most talented qb we've had. I think somewhere in the range of 5-6 year deal with 13-15 million a season is a fair deal for Cutler.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- Yards- TDs- Yac-
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. He's clearly the most talented qb we've had. I think somewhere in the range of 5-6 year deal with 13-15 million a season is a fair deal for Cutler.
Jay's current deal was $16M per, don't think he's resigning for less than that. Expect a $100M deal for Jay, b/c that's par for the course for a franchise QB.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
I don't foresee a 100 Mill contract for Cutler. Do any of you?

I don't think you can rule it out.

Here's an interesting article that was written prior to the Flacco signing: http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000145978/

Since then Flacco became the NFL's highest paid QB, Romo got over 100M w/ more guaranteed. Rogers is now going to surpass Flacco eminently (and probably by a healthy margin). Then Matt Ryans agents (same representation as Rogers) are going to set their sights on Atlanta to get him a new deal that you have to believe will eclipse 100M as well.

Then you are going to give it an entire year and the Bears will obviously have no franchise QB's out hitting the FA market because that kind of thing doesn't happen. And if the Bears don't give him a ton of cash then someone else probably will.

I suppose at that point Chicago could franchise him and try to deal him but will a team really shell out a lot of picks AND pay him a big contract? Well maybe but that still doesn't get you a better QB.

As of this moment all I think we can hope for is that Cutler thrives with Trestman and this system and then pay him whatever you need to. I don't see any other pleasant outcome.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

Jay's current deal was $16M per, don't think he's resigning for less than that. Expect a $100M deal for Jay, b/c that's par for the course for a franchise QB.

To be frank, Jay's going to have to play ALOT better to justify getting $100 million. He's better than anything we've had but he's not THAT good. Neither is Romo, actually.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

To be frank, Jay's going to have to play ALOT better to justify getting $100 million. He's better than anything we've had but he's not THAT good. Neither is Romo, actually.

Draft and Trestman wanting his own wouldn't surprise me one bit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Jones is getting senile in an Al Davis kind of way.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

Well there shouldn't be any excuses for him that's for sure. He has 4 legit weapons in Marshall, Forte, M. Bennett and Jeffery and should have a competent line and "real" offensive game plans. If he can't excel in this situation then when can he?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: