Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Shouldn't be more than a 5th next year. Maybe 6-7m per for 2-3 seasons... Gotta go OL in the first 2/3 rounds.

MJ said Potter has moved inside-

Levi-------Warmack------Jones------Potter-----Massie

Give CP time to throw and he can wing it...

I we pay him that much I will immediately be calling for the firing of our complete idiot of a General Manager.

We cannot afford that, especially not for a 33 year old stop gap QB.

He'll get that much and I don't see the big deal. Starting QB's who can throw for 4,000 yards aren't playing for 4-5 mil, IMO...

I have to agree with this. (I signed Palmer to a 6-7 deal in a GM mock) I want Palmer and would pay him 6 million a year for him

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an April Fool's Day joke? How does Fitz, Floyd and the rest make a case for Palmer? They were the case for Kolb as well but 58 sacks later it exposed the real problem for the Cards. Amazing how many FO decision were masked by the brilliant play of Warner, and Palmer is no Warner. I can see no scenario for signing Palmer. We all know what the problem is and Palmer can't fix that regardless of the money spent on the man.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

127 wrote:
Is this an April Fool's Day joke? How does Fitz, Floyd and the rest make a case for Palmer? They were the case for Kolb as well but 58 sacks later it exposed the real problem for the Cards. Amazing how many FO decision were masked by the brilliant play of Warner, and Palmer is no Warner. I can see no scenario for signing Palmer. We all know what the problem is and Palmer can't fix that regardless of the money spent on the man.

Palmers '12 numbers and Warner's '09 numbers are very similar. You can't argue the fact that Palmer is a good QB. You can only argue we are overpaying him

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
127 wrote:

Palmers '12 numbers and Warner's '09 numbers are very similar. You can't argue the fact that Palmer is a good QB. You can only argue we are overpaying him

Can't argue that Palmer isn't a good QB. But he had many Cincy teams that one could argue were more talented than even the '08 Cards. But he'll be just as ineffective in AZ as the quartet of QB's that were running for their lives or on the turf. Palmer is a pocket passer as was Warner. But Warner's greatest attribute was releasing the ball at the very last second and doing it accurately. Until the O-Line is fixed this grasping at straws for the Warner-replacement is a waste of time, IMO.....regardless of the money. I'd rather have Stanton on the cheap with Hoyer battling it out for the start and save any Palmer money on QB protection.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Raider fan, I will say that Palmer can still throw as deep as he needs to, is fairly accurate, has good pocket presence, has a quick release and was a solid, mature, tough leader if not charismatic. He did toss some untimely picks but those weren't all his fault.
And his no-huddle abilities rank with the best.
Raider receivers frustrated him at times with wrong routes, not fighting in traffic and drops. The offensive system was new for everyone last season.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want Pryor too?
iRobot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Want Pryor too?

Sure.. want a ham sammich?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer is a great QB with A quick release, he will do well in AZ.
tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbaker1933 wrote:

I would draft mike Glennin or tyler bray in the 3rd round. Do anyone like matt Scot? ? The qb from Arizona state
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Want Pryor too?

With cheese and you got a deal.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
shawn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Want Pryor too?

With cheese and you got a deal.

Is there even such thing as a ham sandwich without cheese? If there is... There shouldn't be.

sig made by mike23md
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonynygiants10 wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:

I would draft mike Glennin or tyler bray in the 3rd round. Do anyone like matt Scot? ? The qb from Arizona state

1 - Glennon is a poor QB, not worth an early round pick, too erratic.
2 - Bray has massive maturity issues, not something you want in your supposed leader
3 - Scott is from Arizona (not ASU) and personally I have no interest in him. Middling arm, small guy, boosted because of athleticism.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:

2 - Bray has massive maturity issues, not something you want in your supposed leader
3 - Scott is from Arizona (not ASU) and personally I have no interest in him. Middling arm, small guy, boosted because of athleticism.

1. Why is Glennon a poor QB? Backup that statement.

2. Agree on Bray

3. Matt Scott is not too small. 6'2 213. RG3: 6'2 217. And that is surprising coming from you because you are a Russell Wilson fan 5'11 206. Scott actually has a stronger arm than you may think. Reports from his pro-day said that he showed very good arm strength.

"The strong armed signal caller delivered upwards of 85 passes and all but seven ended up complete."

-Tony Pauline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
tonynygiants10 wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:

1. Glennon has the tools to be good but I'm not sure he has the fire to lead a group of guys. He reminds me of John Skelton in that way. I just never saw Skelton as capable of leading.

2. Agree. Unless we're talking Bray as a possible 5th or 6th round pick, I wouldn't even discuss picking him.

3. I like Scott and I think his arm strength is a whole lot better than "middling." He puts a good amount of velocity on his throws. However, if Arians isn't going to utilize that athleticism (his system really doesn't) then then he's not as valuable as some other QBs in this draft.

Really the only QB I have my eye on right now is Manuel for the sole fact that he has all the physical tools, and would have time to develop here now with Palmer in the fold. I like his character and he's made strides in the mental part of the game as well. He'd have to be a 2nd round pick but that would be a risky, but sneaky, kaepernick-type pick.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont even think they should take a QB in the draft before the 5th. I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt even draft a QB. I'd like to see now what they can get for Hoyer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: