Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskid007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys get him the protection, this transaction could be one of the most impactful of the offseason.

Perfect scheme fit, and I think Cardinals management could be comparing Palmer to Kurt internally... You guys have the pieces at WR, and Carson can still sling it. I want to see this get done, NFC west match ups will be so fun to watch
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we dont trade the farm for Palmer, wait and be patient and sign him as a FA after he gets cut.

Worse case, offer picks in the later rounds in 2014 and 2015 for him.

Raiders have zero barginning power here, just like the Eagles did with Kolb. still think Reid should be arrested for theft, we got robbed on that deal, hope Keim is better at poker than Graves was.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't be more than a 5th next year. Maybe 6-7m per for 2-3 seasons... Gotta go OL in the first 2/3 rounds.

MJ said Potter has moved inside-

Levi-------Warmack------Jones------Potter-----Massie

Give CP time to throw and he can wing it...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
shawn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potter on the inside is just foolish.

sig made by mike23md
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What power do the Raiders have here?

Are they really going to pay his salary? If he is released and wants to come here he will. If he is released and doesn't want to come here he could go to NYJ or Jax, or maybe a back up in SF, I heard that somewhere.

IF traded, he has to restructure, but if he doesn't want to come here and we have to trade for him, he probably won't restructure, l he?

Palmer > Stanton and Hoyer but what do you do with those guys. Stanton is Arians boy and Hoyer is Kiem/Licht.

Honestly I am not sure, I have a feeling he will end up in SF as a back up and get a ring, I think he is sick of getting his butt kicked on losing teams.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:

Are they really going to pay his salary? If he is released and wants to come here he will. If he is released and doesn't want to come here he could go to NYJ or Jax, or maybe a back up in SF, I heard that somewhere.

IF traded, he has to restructure, but if he doesn't want to come here and we have to trade for him, he probably won't restructure, l he?

Palmer > Stanton and Hoyer but what do you do with those guys. Stanton is Arians boy and Hoyer is Kiem/Licht.

Honestly I am not sure, I have a feeling he will end up in SF as a back up and get a ring, I think he is sick of getting his butt kicked on losing teams.

If he is traded then of course it would be contingent on a new contract. I don't believe Arizona or any other team will accept his contract as is.

As far as power the Raiders have, they only have some if they are intent on playing the odds on this one. No, they are not likely to pay his salary. However, they can take the risk and hold him until deep into the offseason.

Who blinks first really? The Raiders cutting him, or another team deciding that giving up a relatively worthless draft pick is worth having him for OTAs and camp.

The Raiders have made alot of cuts without getting anything back in the last years. As a fan I understand those cuts. But at some point they need to show a return on someone. Seeing as how Palmer is a QB and he cost them dearly in draft value, I really hope Reggie McKenzie plays hardball on this one and gets a pick of any kind for him. If cut, he should be cut the day before his salary vests which makes it days before the first game. Is a 5th or 6th round pick really worth having the guy miss all of the offseason with his new team? Not really...
iRobot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
Potter on the inside is just foolish.

Potter has sound technique, now the question is, will he be able to add about 15-20 lbs of mass to better anchor as an OG. Maybe..

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Shouldn't be more than a 5th next year. Maybe 6-7m per for 2-3 seasons... Gotta go OL in the first 2/3 rounds.

I we pay him that much I will immediately be calling for the firing of our complete idiot of a General Manager.

We cannot afford that, especially not for a 33 year old stop gap QB.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:

If he is traded then of course it would be contingent on a new contract. I don't believe Arizona or any other team will accept his contract as is.

As far as power the Raiders have, they only have some if they are intent on playing the odds on this one. No, they are not likely to pay his salary. However, they can take the risk and hold him until deep into the offseason.

Who blinks first really? The Raiders cutting him, or another team deciding that giving up a relatively worthless draft pick is worth having him for OTAs and camp.

The Raiders have made alot of cuts without getting anything back in the last years. As a fan I understand those cuts. But at some point they need to show a return on someone. Seeing as how Palmer is a QB and he cost them dearly in draft value, I really hope Reggie McKenzie plays hardball on this one and gets a pick of any kind for him. If cut, he should be cut the day before his salary vests which makes it days before the first game. Is a 5th or 6th round pick really worth having the guy miss all of the offseason with his new team? Not really...

So who has the power? Answer Carson Palmer. What is the Raiders cap number right now? Do they need to drop Palmer to make space for Flynn?

love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I we pay him that much I will immediately be calling for the firing of our complete idiot of a General Manager.

Applause well said sir

LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, Seahawks have the power. Raiders backup plan right now is drafting Geno which I don't think they want to do. They are just dangling Flynn in from of their face with a string. Seeing how much they can get out of them

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Hawk fan I was hoping Flynn would be traded to the Cards. That would make two Sundays a year a must watch.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

He'll get that much and I don't see the big deal. Starting QB's who can throw for 4,000 yards aren't playing for 4-5 mil, IMO...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

He'll get that much and I don't see the big deal. Starting QB's who can throw for 4,000 yards aren't playing for 4-5 mil, IMO...

The issue comes when you need to find your future QB and the contract you gave to a stopgap QB does not allow you to make moves elsewhere on the roster because of the dead money cutting him creates.

I will add to this later, but I am on my phone.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

The issue comes when you need to find your future QB and the contract you gave to a stopgap QB does not allow you to make moves elsewhere on the roster because of the dead money cutting him creates.

I will add to this later, but I am on my phone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: