Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Carson Palmer? Reply with quote

So it looks like he is going to be released soon. Would any of you be interested in bringing him in?

Deadpulse
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would but at the same time I would feel bad for Stanton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer is being approached one last time about taking a pay cut to stay in Oakland.

Oakland has a trade on deck with Seattle for Matt Flynn if Carson decides to not take that cut.

Who here thinks we should pursue Palmer?

Personally, having talked with Khodder about this, I think we should stick with who we have, draft a QB, and run with that.

If we tank, we have good options at QB in next draft and can build OL to support next QB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if he cheap. Saw on twitter yesterday he rather be a back up for a winnjng team then be a starter for a losing team depending on the money

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Palmer is being approached one last time about taking a pay cut to stay in Oakland.

Oakland has a trade on deck with Seattle for Matt Flynn if Carson decides to not take that cut.

Personally, having talked with Khodder about this, I think we should stick with who we have, draft a QB, and run with that.

If we tank, we have good options at QB in next draft and can build OL to support next QB.

you cant bank on next yrs QB class because many thought this yr would be good too because of Barkley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Palmer as a stop gap option. Be great, IMO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:

you cant bank on next yrs QB class because many thought this yr would be good too because of Barkley

A little clarification: most thought this year had a few legit starting quality QB's but hardly anyone thought it was deep. There doesn't seem to be really any elite QB's coming out this year, instead there seems like there is some depth for decent projects.

Next year, a couple elite's have already been identified (knock on wood), but the really interesting thing is that there will be around twice as many QB's overall who are eligible for the draft! That increase in quantity doesn't guarantee there will be even more future starters, but it should yield better odds that some will be at least capable of making a team as a back up. IMO that info means that it would be really foolish to enter into any long-term contracts for veterans to fill a back up QB role at this time. Besides, if I understand correctly, if you don't spend the FA money this year, it can be rolled over into next, possibly allowing for an impact signing then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:

A little clarification: most thought this year had a few legit starting quality QB's but hardly anyone thought it was deep. There doesn't seem to be really any elite QB's coming out this year, instead there seems like there is some depth for decent projects.

Next year, a couple elite's have already been identified (knock on wood), but the really interesting thing is that there will be around twice as many QB's overall who are eligible for the draft! That increase in quantity doesn't guarantee there will be even more future starters, but it should yield better odds that some will be at least capable of making a team as a back up. IMO that info means that it would be really foolish to enter into any long-term contracts for veterans to fill a back up QB role at this time. Besides, if I understand correctly, if you don't spend the FA money this year, it can be rolled over into next, possibly allowing for an impact signing.

Barkley was considered elite but now is not; the same can happen to those QB's next yr. Who are those QB's that are elite (other than possibly Bridgewater)?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a piece by Michael Silver saying Palmer would be content with a backup role on a good team. Sounds like someone who doesn't have the fire anymore to be a starter.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be cool with signing him -- within reason. Also would be fine if we rolled with Stanton, Hoyer, draft pick QB.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:

Next year, a couple elite's have already been identified (knock on wood), but the really interesting thing is that there will be around twice as many QB's overall who are eligible for the draft! That increase in quantity doesn't guarantee there will be even more future starters, but it should yield better odds that some will be at least capable of making a team as a back up. IMO that info means that it would be really foolish to enter into any long-term contracts for veterans to fill a back up QB role at this time. Besides, if I understand correctly, if you don't spend the FA money this year, it can be rolled over into next, possibly allowing for an impact signing.

Barkley was considered elite but now is not; the same can happen to those QB's next yr. Who are those QB's that are elite (other than possibly Bridgewater)?

Obviously, any (maybe even all) of next year's front runners could take a step backward. It happens.

Other than Bridgewater, you could argue David Fales, AJ McCarron, Aaron Murray, and maybe Derek Carr are possibly going to be called the elite ones. (Your mileage may vary.) And Logan Thomas and Tajh Boyd are going to get a lot of attention, too. In the end, no one can guarantee that these guys will be elite and I'd bet that they all won't be. Still, there are somewhere near 80 seniors alone (if I recall correctly...can't remember where I saw it) who will be eligible for the draft! It's a pretty huge class and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of surprises coming from the lesser known players too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:

Obviously, any (maybe even all) of next year's front runners could take a step backward. It happens.

Other than Bridgewater, you could argue David Fales, AJ McCarron, Aaron Murray, and maybe Derek Carr are possibly going to be called the elite ones. (Your mileage may vary.) And Logan Thomas and Tajh Boyd are going to get a lot of attention, too. In the end, no one can guarantee that these guys will be elite and I'd bet that they all won't be. Still, there are somewhere near 80 seniors alone (if I recall correctly...can't remember where I saw it) who will be eligible for the draft! It's a pretty huge class and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of surprises coming from the lesser known players too.

Those guys arent elite they are solid. McCarron played in a run heavy offense. Fales made high percentage short throws.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
There was a piece by Michael Silver saying Palmer would be content with a backup role on a good team. Sounds like someone who doesn't have the fire anymore to be a starter.
Silver hates the Raiders, so I wouldn't take anything he writes as fact.

Doesn't seem like we'll be trading him to you but for the right price he might not be a bad option as a FA. That OL terrifies me under Arian's offense though, Carson would be destroyed.

I like Stanton and would prefer he get a chance to start for you, but Palmer might come back to form throwing to Larry.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:

Those guys arent elite they are solid. McCarron played in a run heavy offense. Fales made high percentage short throws.

I knew you would counter with they're not elite. We'll see. As I said, I'm certain they all won't be. Anyway, I'm not going to waste time arguing the quality of QB's in next years draft when we haven't even had this years.

BTW, you know Barkley (and Geno) threw a high percentage of short passes, right?!?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
iRobot wrote:

I knew you would counter with they're not elite. We'll see. As I said, I'm certain they all won't be. Anyway, I'm not going to waste time arguing the quality of QB's in next years draft when we haven't even had this years.

BTW, you know Barkley (and Geno) threw a high percentage of short passes, right?!?

Geno and Barkley also took a lot of shot down field. From what ive seen of Fales he doesnt throw deep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: