Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks trade QB Matt Flynn to Raiders for two late picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody posted an article showing that every QB who had a huge type of game that Flynn had became atleast a probowler at some point.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
So I just watched some footage of Flynn playing against Detroit. Well actually it was all of his positions. Honestly I don't know what to think, I feel like his yards were augmented by a poor secondary and some really good receivers. He had 2 turnovers the INT to Alphonso Smith was telegraphed. He get pressured a ton, but then again the pack have a terrible o-line, but then again then again so do we. Plus he doesn't have the same caliber receivers here as he did there. He did make some really nice deep throws to James Jones and Jordy Nelson.

In my eyes, he'll be as good as Campbell, a solid player maybe in his best years, top ten QB. I doubt he'll ever be an Elite like, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.

But, unlike Campbell, he won't play scared. It's hard to tell from his 2 starts what he can be. Starting on a regular basis can make a lot of difference, especially for a QB.

I agree w/ this. Campbell was also way too soft mentally to handle the QB position.

And going off what happened in Seattle, Flynn definitely looks like he's down to take more chances than JCam ever was.

This is what I'm kinda excited about. A conservative QB who will take the gamble to keep defenses honest at least. Plus his ability to scramble won't hurt anything either. I don't think Flynn is a franchise QB in any sense but I am eager to see what becomes of him.

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

when is cp going to be held accountable for his actions. he didnt need to have an all world season but scoring more than 3tds in the first quarter all year would have helped. tp faced the same issues and still made the offensive look somewhat respectable esp in the redzone.

out of all the yards cp passed for none of his targets even made the top 30 in rec yrds.

People always hold Palmer accountable. You're just too stupid to read and see that. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just calling it how it is. You have the comprehension of a 9 year old. Like I am thoroughly convinced you're that age. You're trolling us hard, good job. You had me literally believing we were the same age. That cannot be true. No way. ESPECIALLY after saying Pryor made the offense look respectable. He went three and out SO MANY TIMES but you dog Palmer for it but say it's "respectable" for Pryor?? Give me a freaking break LOL.

Your last point makes no sense either and is irrelevant. Just another jab at Palmer LOL

accountable? lol. just read my sig quote lol

you are too emotional get a tampon or something and pull your skirt down. its a internet forum no need for name calling. you seem like the guy that always got picked on in school lol.

I still cant figure out why you dont understand that cp and tp both have similar production but one is almost a decade older with almost a decade more experience. thats like being at work and the brand new employee makes similar mistakes or performs just as well as the 10 year seasoned employee.

wouldn't you give the brand new employee praise for performing almost as well if not equal to the 10 year seasoned employee?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
So I just watched some footage of Flynn playing against Detroit. Well actually it was all of his positions. Honestly I don't know what to think, I feel like his yards were augmented by a poor secondary and some really good receivers. He had 2 turnovers the INT to Alphonso Smith was telegraphed. He get pressured a ton, but then again the pack have a terrible o-line, but then again then again so do we. Plus he doesn't have the same caliber receivers here as he did there. He did make some really nice deep throws to James Jones and Jordy Nelson.

In my eyes, he'll be as good as Campbell, a solid player maybe in his best years, top ten QB. I doubt he'll ever be an Elite like, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.

But, unlike Campbell, he won't play scared. It's hard to tell from his 2 starts what he can be. Starting on a regular basis can make a lot of difference, especially for a QB.

I agree w/ this. Campbell was also way too soft mentally to handle the QB position.

And going off what happened in Seattle, Flynn definitely looks like he's down to take more chances than JCam ever was.

thats exactly what im scared of i want a qb that will be smart with the ball. that gunslinger play hasn't worked for us.

btw i know it was preseason but didnt tp shred alphonso.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

thats exactly what im scared of i want a qb that will be smart with the ball. that gunslinger play hasn't worked for us.

Flynn is a smart and accurate QB. He's not a gunslinger, he just isn't gun-shy.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

I want a QB who understands the situation and when it's ok to take risks. Campbell would never take any risk, no matter the situation.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

meh career 62% comp rating with a great GB wr core. i do like the 9:5 td:int ratio. i question his ability to scramble and escape the rush which he more than likely will face with our semi poor o-line. Our division has a lot of fast pass rushers it will be interesting to see how he deals with that.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

I want a QB who understands the situation and when it's ok to take risks. Campbell would never take any risk, no matter the situation.

meh, with hue he really started to take more risks.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
HvacRaider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love how heated this argument gets!!!
And while I want Pryor to beat out
Flynn, I would rather have the best player
Based off their pre season, practice, and understanding of the O
And their ability to execute it be the starter. I admit
I have big eyes for pryors ceiling but my. Sunglasses are always
Giving me silver and black vision so ima let Reggie, and DA figure it
out and get behind whoever they choose!!!

PS go Pryor lol
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

meh career 62% comp rating with a great GB wr core. i do like the 9:5 td:int ratio. i question his ability to scramble and escape the rush which he more than likely will face with our semi poor o-line. Our division has a lot of fast pass rushers it will be interesting to see how he deals with that.

Imagine what you'd say if tp had those numbers Laughing

Your bias is ridiculous. Flynn doesn't impress you, but Pryor throwing a TD in the 3rd quarter of a pre season game does. Smh
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Imagine what you'd say if tp had those numbers Laughing

Your bias is ridiculous. Flynn doesn't impress you, but Pryor throwing a TD in the 3rd quarter of a pre season game does. Smh

love how you ignored the bold lol. if tp had targets like GB and only hit 62% id still say meh fwiw.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

when is cp going to be held accountable for his actions. he didnt need to have an all world season but scoring more than 3tds in the first quarter all year would have helped. tp faced the same issues and still made the offensive look somewhat respectable esp in the redzone.

out of all the yards cp passed for none of his targets even made the top 30 in rec yrds.

People always hold Palmer accountable. You're just too stupid to read and see that. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just calling it how it is. You have the comprehension of a 9 year old. Like I am thoroughly convinced you're that age. You're trolling us hard, good job. You had me literally believing we were the same age. That cannot be true. No way. ESPECIALLY after saying Pryor made the offense look respectable. He went three and out SO MANY TIMES but you dog Palmer for it but say it's "respectable" for Pryor?? Give me a freaking break LOL.

Your last point makes no sense either and is irrelevant. Just another jab at Palmer LOL

you are too emotional get a tampon or something and pull your skirt down. its a internet forum no need for name calling. you seem like the guy that always got picked on in school lol.

I still cant figure out why you dont understand that cp and tp both have similar production but one is almost a decade older with almost a decade more experience. thats like being at work and the brand new employee makes similar mistakes or performs just as well as the 10 year seasoned employee.

wouldn't you give the brand new employee praise for performing almost as well if not equal to the 10 year seasoned employee?

Yes, accountable. I don't care about your sig b/c if you ever put any thought into anything and put any kind of bias aside, you might actually realize something.

I don't care about their production. You give one a pass b/c you like him and dog the other and say he's trash b/c you don't like them. It's like catching two 3 lb bass and saying one is amazing but the other sucks. Not only that, Palmer killed Pryor's production in some games but you don't acknowledge that. If you want though, pick the common opponent, San Diego. Mind you, this was actually a meaningful game when Palmer played them and everyone was healthy. Palmer had WAY more yards, WAY better completion percentage WAY less three and outs (2 all game), spread the ball around better, threw less INTs, w/ significnatly less of a running game. He just doored Pryor in terms of production against a common opponent. So since you love to nitpick games and don't want to acknowledge games he did well in, pick the game in which they had a common opponent. Pryor wasn't even close to Carson's production. No argument, no and, ifs, or buts about it. And it's a game we probably win had Condo not gotten hurt.

So your entire argument, again, is debunked, nullified and overall dumb. Go ahead and lean on your "well he's not making as much, he's not a vet, he blah blah blah" Carson killed Pryor's production, period.

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Yes, accountable. I don't care about your sig b/c if you ever put any thought into anything and put any kind of bias aside, you might actually realize something.

I don't care about their production. You give one a pass b/c you like him and dog the other and say he's trash b/c you don't like them. It's like catching two 3 lb bass and saying one is amazing but the other sucks. Not only that, Palmer killed Pryor's production in some games but you don't acknowledge that. If you want though, pick the common opponent, San Diego. Mind you, this was actually a meaningful game when Palmer played them and everyone was healthy. Palmer had WAY more yards, WAY better completion percentage WAY less three and outs (2 all game), spread the ball around better, threw less INTs, w/ significnatly less of a running game. He just doored Pryor in terms of production against a common opponent. So since you love to nitpick games and don't want to acknowledge games he did well in, pick the game in which they had a common opponent. Pryor wasn't even close to Carson's production. No argument, no and, ifs, or buts about it. And it's a game we probably win had Condo not gotten hurt.

So your entire argument, again, is debunked, nullified and overall dumb. Go ahead and lean on your "well he's not making as much, he's not a vet, he blah blah blah" Carson killed Pryor's production, period.

ok lets compare the two games.

cp vs sd pt 1

-first drive cp had the offense going but streeter fumbled
-the defense who you love to hate stops sd and forces them to punt
-2nd drive cp moving good enuf to get seabass a 51 yrd fg
-defense holds sd to a fg
-hbs fumble offense forced to punt
2nd qtr
-defense gives up a td
-cp driving good until redzone d.o.g. flag still gets 19 yrd fg 6-10
3rd
-defense forces a punt
-cp driving good until flag i.s.
-shane gets blocked
-defense up against the wall holds them to a td
-cp 3 and out
-shane blocked again
-defense thats you hate back up against the wall holds to a fg AGAIN
-cp 3 and out
4th
-defense holds to a fg again
-cp goes 2-5 and takes a sack
-shane blocked again
-defense holds again to a 45 yrd fg
-with 57 sec left cp brings the score to 22-14

tp
-opening kick returned for 99yrds down 7-0
-3 runs no passes 3 and out
-shane punt
-defense forces a punt
-3 and out
-defense holds to a fg
2nd
-tp leads to a TD drive
-defense gives up a td
-3 and out
-shane punt
-def forces a punt
-tp doesnt get out of bounds for a fg
3rd
-tp throws int
-defense forces a punt
-3 and out
-defense gives up a td
-3 and out
4th
-defense forces punt
-tp leads to TD
-defense forces punt
-3 and out
-defense blocks punt
-tp gets td with 2min left to bring score to 21-24

production wise tp was better imo. excuses aside tp put up 7 before the half. brought the score closer than cp and scored more td's than cp. All cp could produce was 2 seabass fg's before under 2 min left in the game. tp produced 7 points by halftime and 14 by the beginning of the 4th. cp killed some drives with his flags where tp had no flags all game.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGH

You're argument is so bias and redundant. You can't compare 2 games (be it the same team) in different situations, locations, etc. and form a valid argument. There are entirely too many variables at play.

You're arguments are pedestrian on this subject. You're just grabbing at straws.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I envisage Flynn doing quite a good job for us next season, but this season really providing the coaching staff the opportunity to see how good Pryor is with second string reps, and by 2014 him having improved his throwing action enough to earn the keys for the second half of the decade.....the Raiders-dominate-Decade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 51 of 55

Jump to: