Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks trade QB Matt Flynn to Raiders for two late picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11758
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

when is cp going to be held accountable for his actions. he didnt need to have an all world season but scoring more than 3tds in the first quarter all year would have helped. tp faced the same issues and still made the offensive look somewhat respectable esp in the redzone.

out of all the yards cp passed for none of his targets even made the top 30 in rec yrds
.


People always hold Palmer accountable. You're just too stupid to read and see that. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just calling it how it is. You have the comprehension of a 9 year old. Like I am thoroughly convinced you're that age. You're trolling us hard, good job. You had me literally believing we were the same age. That cannot be true. No way. ESPECIALLY after saying Pryor made the offense look respectable. He went three and out SO MANY TIMES but you dog Palmer for it but say it's "respectable" for Pryor?? Give me a freaking break LOL.

Your last point makes no sense either and is irrelevant. Just another jab at Palmer LOL


hahahah my thoughts exactly... People always say they want their QB to spread the ball around... With none of his WR being in the top 30.. that would mean he spread the ball around

if anything it makes palmer look better not worse Laughing


That is a very good point especially in today's NFL coinciding w/ my defensive philosophy w/ CBs. Nice follow-up.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22236
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jtagg good break down. That's what I don't understand. How anyone could watch that game and see that the Raiders offense did nothing until the game was essentially out of reach is beyond me.

If not for a fumble in the red zone by SD, the result is worse.

The majority of that game was spent watching the Raiders offense do nothing while SD took away Pryor's first read and he didn't know what to do. There were some drops, but that's football. There were also numerous poorly thrown uncatchable balls.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nbaker1933


Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 2074
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders converted 3rd downs at a better rate with CP as QB than with TP as QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3905
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

When you can throw the ball 40 yards without stepping into your throw, you can put zip on your passes. It's gonna take some coaching and Pryor getting used to it but, physically, he can do it.
For me, the question is can he be accurate when he puts zip on his throws.


I'm sure he can too but that's the problem, I've watched him for years and haven't seen him do it consistently. Yeah, he does it from time to time but majority of those times, which I remember, he was off-target which you noted as a concern in your second statement. I really worry about his timing and just overall ability w/ a full playbook. He does do some things well (like throwing in the middle of the field) but my biggest concern is going outside.

This is assuming he even gets a chance to show off anything which will pretty much either have to be via preseason or second string assumng Flynn gets injured and he can hold the 2nd string job depending on who the 3rd QB is on the team. If this trade happens w/ Miami or another team and we get Bray in round 2 which I feel is a great possibility, Pryor can get back to holding that clipboard as the third stringer.
OMG! JTagg admits that Pryor can put zip on his passes albeit not with consistency, I almost fell out of my seat. Shocked Damn "he does do some things well". Who are you and what have you done with the real JTagg?? Very Happy
^^ Look NCOUGHMAN I caught JTagg slipping. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11758
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

When you can throw the ball 40 yards without stepping into your throw, you can put zip on your passes. It's gonna take some coaching and Pryor getting used to it but, physically, he can do it.
For me, the question is can he be accurate when he puts zip on his throws.


I'm sure he can too but that's the problem, I've watched him for years and haven't seen him do it consistently. Yeah, he does it from time to time but majority of those times, which I remember, he was off-target which you noted as a concern in your second statement. I really worry about his timing and just overall ability w/ a full playbook. He does do some things well (like throwing in the middle of the field) but my biggest concern is going outside.

This is assuming he even gets a chance to show off anything which will pretty much either have to be via preseason or second string assumng Flynn gets injured and he can hold the 2nd string job depending on who the 3rd QB is on the team. If this trade happens w/ Miami or another team and we get Bray in round 2 which I feel is a great possibility, Pryor can get back to holding that clipboard as the third stringer.
OMG! JTagg admits that Pryor can put zip on his passes albeit not with consistency, I almost fell out of my seat. Shocked Damn "he does do some things well". Who are you and what have you done with the real JTagg?? Very Happy
^^ Look NCOUGHMAN I caught JTagg slipping. Smile


??? My god, you are the worst........
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32510
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he trying to be like the Igor to Cough's Dracula or something?
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10012
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

When you can throw the ball 40 yards without stepping into your throw, you can put zip on your passes. It's gonna take some coaching and Pryor getting used to it but, physically, he can do it.
For me, the question is can he be accurate when he puts zip on his throws.


I'm sure he can too but that's the problem, I've watched him for years and haven't seen him do it consistently. Yeah, he does it from time to time but majority of those times, which I remember, he was off-target which you noted as a concern in your second statement. I really worry about his timing and just overall ability w/ a full playbook. He does do some things well (like throwing in the middle of the field) but my biggest concern is going outside.

This is assuming he even gets a chance to show off anything which will pretty much either have to be via preseason or second string assumng Flynn gets injured and he can hold the 2nd string job depending on who the 3rd QB is on the team. If this trade happens w/ Miami or another team and we get Bray in round 2 which I feel is a great possibility, Pryor can get back to holding that clipboard as the third stringer.
OMG! JTagg admits that Pryor can put zip on his passes albeit not with consistency, I almost fell out of my seat. Shocked Damn "he does do some things well". Who are you and what have you done with the real JTagg?? Very Happy
^^ Look NCOUGHMAN I caught JTagg slipping. Smile


Is this all you got?
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2915
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just watched some footage of Flynn playing against Detroit. Well actually it was all of his positions. Honestly I don't know what to think, I feel like his yards were augmented by a poor secondary and some really good receivers. He had 2 turnovers the INT to Alphonso Smith was telegraphed. He get pressured a ton, but then again the pack have a terrible o-line, but then again then again so do we. Plus he doesn't have the same caliber receivers here as he did there. He did make some really nice deep throws to James Jones and Jordy Nelson.

In my eyes, he'll be as good as Campbell, a solid player maybe in his best years, top ten QB. I doubt he'll ever be an Elite like, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24319
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
So I just watched some footage of Flynn playing against Detroit. Well actually it was all of his positions. Honestly I don't know what to think, I feel like his yards were augmented by a poor secondary and some really good receivers. He had 2 turnovers the INT to Alphonso Smith was telegraphed. He get pressured a ton, but then again the pack have a terrible o-line, but then again then again so do we. Plus he doesn't have the same caliber receivers here as he did there. He did make some really nice deep throws to James Jones and Jordy Nelson.

In my eyes, he'll be as good as Campbell, a solid player maybe in his best years, top ten QB. I doubt he'll ever be an Elite like, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.


I see that as his ceiling as well, although I'd argue that our O-Line is better than the Packs that year. They were awful. Really shows you how marvelous Rodgers is as a QB.
_________________
THE MAD STORK wrote:

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32510
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
So I just watched some footage of Flynn playing against Detroit. Well actually it was all of his positions. Honestly I don't know what to think, I feel like his yards were augmented by a poor secondary and some really good receivers. He had 2 turnovers the INT to Alphonso Smith was telegraphed. He get pressured a ton, but then again the pack have a terrible o-line, but then again then again so do we. Plus he doesn't have the same caliber receivers here as he did there. He did make some really nice deep throws to James Jones and Jordy Nelson.

In my eyes, he'll be as good as Campbell, a solid player maybe in his best years, top ten QB. I doubt he'll ever be an Elite like, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.


I see that as his ceiling as well, although I'd argue that our O-Line is better than the Packs that year. They were awful. Really shows you how marvelous Rodgers is as a QB.


+1, Rodgers is king. I'm not even sure Flynn's ceiling is within the top 10. I'll be surprised if he ever gets even to that point.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14114
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
So I just watched some footage of Flynn playing against Detroit. Well actually it was all of his positions. Honestly I don't know what to think, I feel like his yards were augmented by a poor secondary and some really good receivers. He had 2 turnovers the INT to Alphonso Smith was telegraphed. He get pressured a ton, but then again the pack have a terrible o-line, but then again then again so do we. Plus he doesn't have the same caliber receivers here as he did there. He did make some really nice deep throws to James Jones and Jordy Nelson.

In my eyes, he'll be as good as Campbell, a solid player maybe in his best years, top ten QB. I doubt he'll ever be an Elite like, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.


But, unlike Campbell, he won't play scared. It's hard to tell from his 2 starts what he can be. Starting on a regular basis can make a lot of difference, especially for a QB.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11758
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
So I just watched some footage of Flynn playing against Detroit. Well actually it was all of his positions. Honestly I don't know what to think, I feel like his yards were augmented by a poor secondary and some really good receivers. He had 2 turnovers the INT to Alphonso Smith was telegraphed. He get pressured a ton, but then again the pack have a terrible o-line, but then again then again so do we. Plus he doesn't have the same caliber receivers here as he did there. He did make some really nice deep throws to James Jones and Jordy Nelson.

In my eyes, he'll be as good as Campbell, a solid player maybe in his best years, top ten QB. I doubt he'll ever be an Elite like, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.


But, unlike Campbell, he won't play scared. It's hard to tell from his 2 starts what he can be. Starting on a regular basis can make a lot of difference, especially for a QB.


I agree w/ this. Campbell was also way too soft mentally to handle the QB position.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32510
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
So I just watched some footage of Flynn playing against Detroit. Well actually it was all of his positions. Honestly I don't know what to think, I feel like his yards were augmented by a poor secondary and some really good receivers. He had 2 turnovers the INT to Alphonso Smith was telegraphed. He get pressured a ton, but then again the pack have a terrible o-line, but then again then again so do we. Plus he doesn't have the same caliber receivers here as he did there. He did make some really nice deep throws to James Jones and Jordy Nelson.

In my eyes, he'll be as good as Campbell, a solid player maybe in his best years, top ten QB. I doubt he'll ever be an Elite like, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.


But, unlike Campbell, he won't play scared. It's hard to tell from his 2 starts what he can be. Starting on a regular basis can make a lot of difference, especially for a QB.


I agree w/ this. Campbell was also way too soft mentally to handle the QB position.


And going off what happened in Seattle, Flynn definitely looks like he's down to take more chances than JCam ever was.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3905
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Is he trying to be like the Igor to Cough's Dracula or something?
Lol. Its me and NCOUGHMN vs. JTagg and BIG Palooka on this subject.

Last edited by raidr4life on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22236
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Is he trying to be like the Igor to Cough's Dracula or something?
Lol. Its me and NCOUGHMN vs. JTagg and BIG Palooka on this subject.


I am not on any team here. I'm just talking to a brick wall who doesn't bother w/ logic.

I'm done here.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 50 of 55

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group