Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks trade QB Matt Flynn to Raiders for two late picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: Seahawks reportedly interested in Vince Young as the backup QB Embarassed
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
PS: Seahawks reportedly interested in Vince Young as the backup QB Embarassed


I would be fine with it. If he ends up staying on the team, he would have to be appearing to mirror what he was in Tennessee.

(I'm not expecting much from him if he did join the team.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
I'm happy with the deal - its not like we were going to keep him, I guess you could argue that if Wilson gets hurt this year it'll look like a bad deal.


If Wilson goes down, would anyone expect a deep playoff run no matter who the backup was?


No. I could say the same for every team in the NFL, especially ones dependent upon their QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3963
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
I'm happy with the deal - its not like we were going to keep him, I guess you could argue that if Wilson gets hurt this year it'll look like a bad deal.


If Wilson goes down, would anyone expect a deep playoff run no matter who the backup was?


Nope i would be worried Wilson elevated everything around him i don't think a backup could do that otherwise he wouldn't be with the team he would be starting for somebody else.

SaveourSonics wrote:
PS: Seahawks reportedly interested in Vince Young as the backup QB Embarassed


I would be fine with the Thigpen or Leinart move because they know there place as a backup i think bringing in VY could cause problems because he wants to start so i hope they don't do it.

Kind of hoping we find somebody with a 5th round pick and groom him to be our backup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2761
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince had one great year in the NFL but fell off, apparently he was at tenn pro day and did work
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bill21792


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 454
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Sandman55 wrote:
I've seen that the cap space cleared for this year is 3.25 million.

The logic is a 7.25 million salary this year subtracting his guaranteed money of 2 million this and next year (7.25m - 4m).

He's totally off the books next year though freeing up 8.25m in cap space when we're really going to start needing it.


Important to get players off the books. This cowboy fan explained it well about his team IMO. Has a long lead up to it but teams need good management as well as players is what I got out of his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgTRlO6ZC0w


Off topic, that Cowboys fan is really good and I enjoy his videos. When the Seahawks beat the boys in Week 2, he was brutally honest about the team.


His videos (on the Seahawks at least) were really spot on. It sounded like he knew our team as well as mist Seahawk fans on this forum.

Calm before the storm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT9EZfcMwFk

HILARIOUS aftermath, must watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6XkqMX9g
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bill21792


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 454
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Sandman55 wrote:
I've seen that the cap space cleared for this year is 3.25 million.

The logic is a 7.25 million salary this year subtracting his guaranteed money of 2 million this and next year (7.25m - 4m).

He's totally off the books next year though freeing up 8.25m in cap space when we're really going to start needing it.


Important to get players off the books. This cowboy fan explained it well about his team IMO. Has a long lead up to it but teams need good management as well as players is what I got out of his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgTRlO6ZC0w


Off topic, that Cowboys fan is really good and I enjoy his videos. When the Seahawks beat the boys in Week 2, he was brutally honest about the team.


His videos (on the Seahawks at least) were really spot on. It sounded like he knew our team as well as mist Seahawk fans on this forum.

Calm before the storm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT9EZfcMwFk

HILARIOUS aftermath, must watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6XkqMX9g
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3963
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Sandman55 wrote:
I've seen that the cap space cleared for this year is 3.25 million.

The logic is a 7.25 million salary this year subtracting his guaranteed money of 2 million this and next year (7.25m - 4m).

He's totally off the books next year though freeing up 8.25m in cap space when we're really going to start needing it.


Important to get players off the books. This cowboy fan explained it well about his team IMO. Has a long lead up to it but teams need good management as well as players is what I got out of his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgTRlO6ZC0w


Off topic, that Cowboys fan is really good and I enjoy his videos. When the Seahawks beat the boys in Week 2, he was brutally honest about the team.


His videos (on the Seahawks at least) were really spot on. It sounded like he knew our team as well as mist Seahawk fans on this forum.

Calm before the storm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT9EZfcMwFk

HILARIOUS aftermath, must watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6XkqMX9g


Lol! I saw his videos before this so i knew he was knowledgeable and not some crazy guy getting angry like some painted him out to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
I'm happy with the deal - its not like we were going to keep him, I guess you could argue that if Wilson gets hurt this year it'll look like a bad deal.


If Wilson goes down, would anyone expect a deep playoff run no matter who the backup was?


Nope i would be worried Wilson elevated everything around him i don't think a backup could do that otherwise he wouldn't be with the team he would be starting for somebody else.

SaveourSonics wrote:
PS: Seahawks reportedly interested in Vince Young as the backup QB Embarassed


I would be fine with the Thigpen or Leinart move because they know there place as a backup i think bringing in VY could cause problems because he wants to start so i hope they don't do it.

Kind of hoping we find somebody with a 5th round pick and groom him to be our backup.


I'm a big Sean Renfree fan. Would love to pick him up as our backup.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
carefulLANCE


Joined: 15 Feb 2013
Posts: 5
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to lie I want Vince Young on our team only so I can justify having bought his jersey his rookie year Neutral
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 1354
Location: Vancouver, Wa
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carefulLANCE wrote:
I'm not going to lie I want Vince Young on our team only so I can justify having bought his jersey his rookie year Neutral
Why would you do such a thing?

I don't think I'd ever buy a rookie jersey.
_________________


Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
carefulLANCE wrote:
I'm not going to lie I want Vince Young on our team only so I can justify having bought his jersey his rookie year Neutral
Why would you do such a thing?

I don't think I'd ever buy a rookie jersey.


I was *that* close to buying a Russell Wilson jersey. If only he beat the falcons Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11670
Location: New York
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
carefulLANCE wrote:
I'm not going to lie I want Vince Young on our team only so I can justify having bought his jersey his rookie year Neutral
Why would you do such a thing?

I don't think I'd ever buy a rookie jersey.


I was *that* close to buying a Russell Wilson jersey. If only he beat the falcons Laughing


I bought a Russell Wilson Jersey during the Pre Season Cool
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobob123


Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 162
Location: somewhere in outer space!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we got a good deal for a guy we were going to release anyway... I mean if Pete and John were looking for a trade partner for Flynn there was no chance he was going to make the final 53 man roster, not with his cap hit.
_________________
....


"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21416
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobob123 wrote:
I think we got a good deal for a guy we were going to release anyway... I mean if Pete and John were looking for a trade partner for Flynn there was no chance he was going to make the final 53 man roster, not with his cap hit.
Not sure I follow your logic. We were looking for trading partners because we're always looking to make a move. I think if we hadn't found one, we would've kept him for this year and cut him next year.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group