Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks trade QB Matt Flynn to Raiders for two late picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: Seahawks reportedly interested in Vince Young as the backup QB Embarassed
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

I would be fine with it. If he ends up staying on the team, he would have to be appearing to mirror what he was in Tennessee.

(I'm not expecting much from him if he did join the team.)
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
I'm happy with the deal - its not like we were going to keep him, I guess you could argue that if Wilson gets hurt this year it'll look like a bad deal.

If Wilson goes down, would anyone expect a deep playoff run no matter who the backup was?

No. I could say the same for every team in the NFL, especially ones dependent upon their QB.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
I'm happy with the deal - its not like we were going to keep him, I guess you could argue that if Wilson gets hurt this year it'll look like a bad deal.

If Wilson goes down, would anyone expect a deep playoff run no matter who the backup was?

Nope i would be worried Wilson elevated everything around him i don't think a backup could do that otherwise he wouldn't be with the team he would be starting for somebody else.

SaveourSonics wrote:

I would be fine with the Thigpen or Leinart move because they know there place as a backup i think bringing in VY could cause problems because he wants to start so i hope they don't do it.

Kind of hoping we find somebody with a 5th round pick and groom him to be our backup.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince had one great year in the NFL but fell off, apparently he was at tenn pro day and did work

WINTER IS COMING
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Sandman55 wrote:
I've seen that the cap space cleared for this year is 3.25 million.

The logic is a 7.25 million salary this year subtracting his guaranteed money of 2 million this and next year (7.25m - 4m).

He's totally off the books next year though freeing up 8.25m in cap space when we're really going to start needing it.

Important to get players off the books. This cowboy fan explained it well about his team IMO. Has a long lead up to it but teams need good management as well as players is what I got out of his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgTRlO6ZC0w

Off topic, that Cowboys fan is really good and I enjoy his videos. When the Seahawks beat the boys in Week 2, he was brutally honest about the team.

His videos (on the Seahawks at least) were really spot on. It sounded like he knew our team as well as mist Seahawk fans on this forum.

Calm before the storm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT9EZfcMwFk

HILARIOUS aftermath, must watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6XkqMX9g
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Sandman55 wrote:

The logic is a 7.25 million salary this year subtracting his guaranteed money of 2 million this and next year (7.25m - 4m).

He's totally off the books next year though freeing up 8.25m in cap space when we're really going to start needing it.

Important to get players off the books. This cowboy fan explained it well about his team IMO. Has a long lead up to it but teams need good management as well as players is what I got out of his video.

Off topic, that Cowboys fan is really good and I enjoy his videos. When the Seahawks beat the boys in Week 2, he was brutally honest about the team.

His videos (on the Seahawks at least) were really spot on. It sounded like he knew our team as well as mist Seahawk fans on this forum.

Calm before the storm

Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Sandman55 wrote:

Calm before the storm

Lol! I saw his videos before this so i knew he was knowledgeable and not some crazy guy getting angry like some painted him out to be.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:

Nope i would be worried Wilson elevated everything around him i don't think a backup could do that otherwise he wouldn't be with the team he would be starting for somebody else.

SaveourSonics wrote:

I would be fine with the Thigpen or Leinart move because they know there place as a backup i think bringing in VY could cause problems because he wants to start so i hope they don't do it.

Kind of hoping we find somebody with a 5th round pick and groom him to be our backup.

I'm a big Sean Renfree fan. Would love to pick him up as our backup.
carefulLANCE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to lie I want Vince Young on our team only so I can justify having bought his jersey his rookie year Neutral
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carefulLANCE wrote:
I'm not going to lie I want Vince Young on our team only so I can justify having bought his jersey his rookie year Neutral
Why would you do such a thing?

I don't think I'd ever buy a rookie jersey.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
carefulLANCE wrote:

I was *that* close to buying a Russell Wilson jersey. If only he beat the falcons Laughing
klyon7634

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
carefulLANCE wrote:

I was *that* close to buying a Russell Wilson jersey. If only he beat the falcons Laughing

I bought a Russell Wilson Jersey during the Pre Season Cool

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we got a good deal for a guy we were going to release anyway... I mean if Pete and John were looking for a trade partner for Flynn there was no chance he was going to make the final 53 man roster, not with his cap hit.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobob123 wrote:
I think we got a good deal for a guy we were going to release anyway... I mean if Pete and John were looking for a trade partner for Flynn there was no chance he was going to make the final 53 man roster, not with his cap hit.
Not sure I follow your logic. We were looking for trading partners because we're always looking to make a move. I think if we hadn't found one, we would've kept him for this year and cut him next year.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: