Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Willie Young draft guarantee of the week!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Well, there's still Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Dee Milliner, Star Lotulelei, Shariff Floyd, Jarvis Jones, and Chance Warmack who I would say are all in the mix too.

Of all those guys, I don't think Lane Johnson, Mingo, Lotulelei, Floyd, or Warmack will be big considerations, but there's some chance.

I feel like the most likely picks are:

1a) Joeckel
1b) Fisher

3) Ansah
4) Jordan

5) Milliner
6) Jones

Anything else would really surprise (and disappoint) me.

More I think about it, the more I think Milliner will be the 1st choice after Joeckel and Fisher.

I can guarantee that it will absolutely not be Milliner.

No, you can't.

Yes, I can. If it is Milliner I'll never post on here again. You can sig that. It will be exactly as I say. The Great Willie Young is never wrong. Also, as much as I would love to draft an interior lineman, we will not at 5, but that's pretty obvious.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Well, there's still Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Dee Milliner, Star Lotulelei, Shariff Floyd, Jarvis Jones, and Chance Warmack who I would say are all in the mix too.

Of all those guys, I don't think Lane Johnson, Mingo, Lotulelei, Floyd, or Warmack will be big considerations, but there's some chance.

1a) Joeckel
1b) Fisher

3) Ansah
4) Jordan

5) Milliner
6) Jones

More I think about it, the more I think Milliner will be the 1st choice after Joeckel and Fisher.

No, you can't.

Yes, I can. If it is Milliner I'll never post on here again. You can sig that. It will be exactly as I say. The Great Willie Young is never wrong. Also, as much as I would love to draft an interior lineman, we will not at 5, but that's pretty obvious.

I'm not really interested in "sigging" it but to say that Milliner is not in the mix for our #5 pick is just wishful thinking because you apparently don't want him. I don't expect he will be our choice, but yeah, he's one of the five or six guys we could take there.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

1a) Joeckel
1b) Fisher

3) Ansah
4) Jordan

5) Milliner
6) Jones

No, you can't.

I'm not really interested in "sigging" it but to say that Milliner is not in the mix for our #5 pick is just wishful thinking because you apparently don't want him. I don't expect he will be our choice, but yeah, he's one of the five or six guys we could take there.

He is certainly not in the running. It has nothing to do with me disliking him, as I think he will be a good nfl corner. We just

Have no need for a corner

Mayhews guys are in - he's drafted 3 and traded for one and resigned him

This regime does not put a big emphasis on big name corners - whether it be through the draft or free agency

Based on need we would not take Milliner. OT and DE are much bigger needs. Based on BPA there is no way he is in the Lions top 5. I bet 3 OTs, 2 DE's, and maybe even a G and a WR are in front of him.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

1a) Joeckel
1b) Fisher

3) Ansah
4) Jordan

5) Milliner
6) Jones

No, you can't.

He is certainly not in the running. It has nothing to do with me disliking him, as I think he will be a good nfl corner. We just

This regime does not put a big emphasis on big name corners - whether it be through the draft or free agency

Based on need we would not take Milliner. OT and DE are much bigger needs. Based on BPA there is no way he is in the Lions top 5. I bet 3 OTs, 2 DE's, and maybe even a G and a WR are in front of him.

Actually they have scouted many big time CBs. They have been in trade talk with many big name CBs. They have simply yet to land one in the right scenario.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

1a) Joeckel
1b) Fisher

3) Ansah
4) Jordan

5) Milliner
6) Jones

No, you can't.

I pretty much disagree with all of this.

Based on our current roster, we could certainly use a top flight corner back, and I'm the biggest Jonte Green supporter here.

We had three starter quality DTs when we drafted Fairley. Why would we turn away from a corner based on what we have already?

This staff reportedly tried to trade up to draft Patrick Peterson, I'd call him a big name CB.

I also have him as my number four prospect behind Joeckel, Fisher, and Warmack.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:

Wait, we have no need for a corner, but we do at OT? Mayhew's guys are in at corner, but not OT? Let's take a closer look:

At corner:

1. We've got Chris Houston, who we just gave a 5 year $25M contract to.
2. Drafted Bill Bentley #85 overall, and he started the season allowing 17 out of 20 passes thrown his way completed, without a single deflection or interception.
3. Drafted Chris Greenwood #148 overall, and he couldn't make it out of TC because he tore his abdomen, and never returned despite our frequent trips to Kroeger to find starting corners every Sunday.
4. Drafted Jonte Green #196 overall, and he performed the best of the rookies, but the coaching staff still weren't comfortable enough to start him and thus hired every unemployed corner they could find to start in front of him.

At OT:

1. We've got Riley Reiff, who we drafted #23 overall- and who has 1 career start playing behind the iron Backus; that start was at LT against the Houston Texans, and yes he did shut JJ Watt down when they matched up, and he didn't give up a sack or hurry in that contest. Reiff is ready to go at either tackle spot.
2. We have Corey Hilliard who has performed admirably in Gosder's absence, and whom the coaches considered starting instead of Gosder just 1 year ago.
3. We have Jason Fox who fell to us at #128 due to an injury his senior season, but was considered by the majority of experts to be a 2nd round talent up to that point.

My point is that the Lion's have been grooming their OTs for just this scenario, and I can't see how anyone could consider our tackle situation more dire than our corner situation given the time and investment made at both positions- there's no comparison, the larger investment is clearly at OT.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see how people are viewing Milliner top 5. And i wouldn't call hm a big name either. im actually with dude on this one...id be surprised if we stay at 5 they draft him. Why when you can get a cb just as good as him on a trade up. I know theres a need there but he has not even seperated himself from this pack of cbs let alone the ones in the past going top 5... i think this regime favors building the lines then the boudaries and with this high of a pick atleast i think OL/DL make the most sence. Peterson offered alot more with his return ability and was just electric i see Milliner with no comparison. If he is the pick I wont be mad but id expect alot from him and i would be jumping his crap every time he didnt preform lol. it would probably feel like when they drafted Grew to me..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: