Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Willie Young draft guarantee of the week!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beardorama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
My prediction is one of,

Fisher, Milliner or Ansah. Personally I hope its not Ansah.
Agreed. Trade down and grab Warmack, Cooper, or Trufant. .......Please

Yes, very much in agreement. An extra second would be very helpful in this draft.

I'd love if we traded down and still got Warmack. What I'd really love is Fisher at #5 and if we traded back into the first for Warmack/Cooper.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beardorama wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
My prediction is one of,

Yes, very much in agreement. An extra second would be very helpful in this draft.

I'd love if we traded down and still got Warmack. What I'd really love is Fisher at #5 and if we traded back into the first for Warmack/Cooper.

Seems consensus holds that both of those guards will be gone by pick 20, and I'm not sure #36 and #65 would be enough to get them--and I don't want to give up three picks for one of them.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
NationalChamp06

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I agree we would give up to much to trade down.

some names of guys i wouldnt mind in the 2nd- 4rd round

Barrett Jones OC/OG- 3rd
Travis Frederick OG/OC- 3rd
Brian Schewnke OC- 3rd
Hugh Thornton OG- 4th
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Well, there's still Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Dee Milliner, Star Lotulelei, Shariff Floyd, Jarvis Jones, and Chance Warmack who I would say are all in the mix too.

Of all those guys, I don't think Lane Johnson, Mingo, Lotulelei, Floyd, or Warmack will be big considerations, but there's some chance.

I feel like the most likely picks are:

1a) Joeckel
1b) Fisher

3) Ansah
4) Jordan

5) Milliner
6) Jones

Anything else would really surprise (and disappoint) me.

More I think about it, the more I think Milliner will be the 1st choice after Joeckel and Fisher.

I can guarantee that it will absolutely not be Milliner.
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beardorama wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
My prediction is one of,

I would also love Fisher at 5, and I think the Lions would as well. I just don't see anyway that hes there at that time.
EhJae

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My assumption is that #5 won't be a DE.

1) Mayhew has said this draft is deep with DEs he likes
2) Jason Jones was signed to be our starting LDE
3) Willie Young's tender has him making $2 mill or so, I think he'll be out starter at RDE (for now)

I think DE will be a later pick (2-4, I think our 3rd rounder).

It could be Milliner at #5 but I just get the feeling he's not top 5 BPA for Detroit (maybe not even the top CB - Xavier Rhodes maybe? Tall, fast, huge wingspan, FSU connection). Mayhew has also said, like DEs, that this draft is deep for his style of CBs. I'm thinking 2-4 range for CB, much like DE.

I think if Joeckel or Fisher make it to #5, it'll be a no brainer. We have questions at one or both tackle spots with Backus/Cherilus gone and the top 2 OTs look great... Instant starters. Mayhew has said he likes lineman in this draft (although he didn't specify offense or defense).

I think it'll look something like this:

(In order of what they want to do)
Option 1 - OT (Joeckel/Fisher)
Option 2 - Trade down
Option 3 - BPA (Milliner/Rhodes or Ansah/JJones with the wildcard of Warmack/Cooper)
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been thinkn if they want a LT why not trade up... know the trade value chart dont favor us but if we can reason with the raiders while not losing picks, iwouldnt mind. its not like the raiders are going to miss out on their guy moving down two spots. I wouldntmove our secnd but i could see it since raiders dont have many picks...just saying. I just dont seeing the value chart playing that big of a factor in this draft.

I still want us to trade back up into the 1st personally. think one of the guards will be in reach..im thinking there is gonna be a runon wrs.I just dont wanna lose picks with any trade involed, even if we are only getting later picksin return...like say we trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up i atleast want a 5th or 6th back...i wuldnt mind seeing a trade like we did for Best eithr.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Ive been thinkn if they want a LT why not trade up... know the trade value chart dont favor us but if we can reason with the raiders while not losing picks, iwouldnt mind. its not like the raiders are going to miss out on their guy moving down two spots. I wouldntmove our secnd but i could see it since raiders dont have many picks...just saying. I just dont seeing the value chart playing that big of a factor in this draft.

I still want us to trade back up into the 1st personally. think one of the guards will be in reach..im thinking there is gonna be a runon wrs.I just dont wanna lose picks with any trade involed, even if we are only getting later picksin return...like say we trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up i atleast want a 5th or 6th back...i wuldnt mind seeing a trade like we did for Best eithr.
I definitely don't believe we need a LT bad enough to trade up for one, plus when you've got a couple of interior lineman that are every bit as good, if not better than the two tackles in Cooper and Warmack, I'd rather just go that route if Joeckel or Fisher doesn't fall into our laps.

I'm still in love with scenarios that end up like:

LT- Reiff
LG- Sims
C- Frederick
RG- Warmack
RT- Fox/Hillard

Or

LT- Reiff
LG- Sims
C- Cooper
RG- Warford
RT- Fox/Hillard

I believe we could have a dominant offense by standing pat with the OTs we've already groomed to take over for Backus and Gosder- and solidifying our interior with a couple studs from this draft.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather have an upgraded interior as well

R.I.P. Stylish
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was recently working on a mock draft where we traded down with the Rams for Roger Saffold, #16, and their 3rd. I heard Saffold is mad about the addition of Long. I then had us Sign Brandon Moore and draft Cooper. The line looked like.

LT: Saffold
LG: Sims
OC: Cooper
RG: Moore
RT: Reiff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiffleballtony wrote:
I was recently working on a mock draft where we traded down with the Rams for Roger Saffold, #16, and their 3rd. I heard Saffold is mad about the addition of Long. I then had us Sign Brandon Moore and draft Cooper. The line looked like.

LT: Saffold
LG: Sims
OC: Cooper
RG: Moore
RT: Reiff
That would be sweet. Nagy could take over for Moore eventually as well. I'm still not a huge fan of moving Reiff, but I'd move him over for Saffold.

R.I.P. Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Well, there's still Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Dee Milliner, Star Lotulelei, Shariff Floyd, Jarvis Jones, and Chance Warmack who I would say are all in the mix too.

Of all those guys, I don't think Lane Johnson, Mingo, Lotulelei, Floyd, or Warmack will be big considerations, but there's some chance.

1a) Joeckel
1b) Fisher

3) Ansah
4) Jordan

5) Milliner
6) Jones

More I think about it, the more I think Milliner will be the 1st choice after Joeckel and Fisher.

No, you can't.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

1a) Joeckel
1b) Fisher

3) Ansah
4) Jordan

5) Milliner
6) Jones

No, you can't.

Someone is wearing his moderator hat pretty tightly today. Laughing

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

I definitely don't believe we need a LT bad enough to trade up for one, plus when you've got a couple of interior lineman that are every bit as good, if not better than the two tackles in Cooper and Warmack, I'd rather just go that route if Joeckel or Fisher doesn't fall into our laps.

I'm still in love with scenarios that end up like:

LT- Reiff
LG- Sims
C- Frederick
RG- Warmack
RT- Fox/Hillard

Or

LT- Reiff
LG- Sims
C- Cooper
RG- Warford
RT- Fox/Hillard

I believe we could have a dominant offense by standing pat with the OTs we've already groomed to take over for Backus and Gosder- and solidifying our interior with a couple studs from this draft.
i agree. i was just say if they viewed tackle a big need i dont think it would take as much to move up. shoot personally id take warmack before Fisher. If Reiff fails at tackle so be it..i do think you try him there tho..im full go for ziggy myself at 5. if we happen to trade down i def want cooper or warmack.Even be sweeter if we could land them both somehow...
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we wouldn't have much of a draft after landing those two, but we'd probably have the best interior duo in the entire NFL, with a guy like Reiff who also excels in run-blocking. Our offense would be so dangerous....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: