Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

6 round mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First two rounds for Giants are amazing. Fills a need and is BPA.
After the second, I would take:
3) Bacarri Rambo - as all the intaginables. Just needs coaching. Will be a stud.
4) Tharold Simon - 6'2 and fluid. Needs coaching on his press but excellent value... Will learn from Webster before taking over for him in a few or so
5) I struggled between Gerald Hodges and Bennie Logan here. I went with Logan because we already have a safety converted LB in JWILL. Hodges will no doubt be a solid LB so either pick will be nice. The value for Logan is insane here though. He would be a good pick in the third
6) Also struggled here. AJ Klein would be a solid ILB but I'm thinking he's only a two down back. Dan Connor will be good for us but he's only on a 1 year contract. Chris Cragg has speed. He ran a 4.5 and Pope is the best TE coach in the league. But you can't teach speed. We are high on Robinson and Gilbride will never use a multiple TE set. Marquiss Wilson will also be a good pick.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the OT plays OG next year for the Vikings, that pick in round two makes no sense, especially with the needs at NT and LB. Barkley to San Fransisco makes 0 sense. Khaseem Greene would be a much better 2nd round pick or Justin Hunter who is great value there, or Sio Moore. 3rd round pick is solid. I don't like Bray all that well in round four, especially in your draft.

Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Forge wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Forge wrote:
Quite possibly the worst niners mock draft I've seen.

What position would you have gone in the first?

Definitely not qb Lol . Any other position would have been better than that. First round will be dline/secondary with a very slight possibility of a wr. The first second rd pick will likely be the same with the addition of possibly taking eifert if he falls that far. But the first round pick is just the tip of the iceburg. The entire 49ers draft is completely off the mark and awful.

I'll definitely take under consideration when working on the next one. As for the other picks, I did place Tyrann Mathieu and McDonald in the third round for secondary help. Thought they filled a need with value there. Selected Dawkins to play DE in the 3/4. Receiver in the top of the second.

A couple of things; one, you have us drafting 4 offensive linemen with our first 8 picks, including a tackle with our third pick. this makes absolutely no sense. we have one of the best, if not the best offensive line in football. And all of them except our center are young and signed for at least 2 more years. There's no way we are doing that. Despite a deep and talented roster, there are definitely holes to fill. what would we do with Thomas? he's sitting behind an all-pro in staley and Anthony Davis, who made a huge jump in improving last year and is all of 23 years old.

Two, you have us taking 4 usc trojans.

While I like Mathieu, and his value, he's the exact opposite of what we are looking for in a cornerback. he's going to start as a slot corner because of his size; we already have a pretty good one in culliver, but we also have four corners who can or do play the slot (brown plays outside, but may be better at the slot due to size, rogers is terrible in the slot but we play him there occasionally regardless, then we have culliver and perrish cox). we are looking at big corners with size (even though i'm a fan of neither, this would mean Amerson, Banks, maybe Wilson in the third). We want physical corners. Also, with our biggest need by far being safety, why would we wait until the third round to address that need in a draft where safety and dline are probably the best and deepest positions? And i say that with being a huge McDonald fan for the last 2 years. We also desperately need defensive line depth, but you have us drafting our first defensive lineman in round 5?

we also need a tight end #2; the loss of Delanie Walker may not seem like much to the casual observer, but he played over 50% of our offensive snaps. We play with 2 tight ends more than any other team outside of new england i believe. Finding a suitable replacement for him is critical; and you don't have us drafting a single tight end I believe.

Barkley though is really bad. If quarterback was graded out like any other position, he'd be a 3rd round pick; but needy qb teams hold on to any glimmer of hope at the qb position which will spike his draft position. But the niners have a very talented, young qb; we have no reason to reach for a qb in the first; especially an overrated one like barkley who has no chance of starting for us. That's just a waste of a first round pick.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
3) Bacarri Rambo - as all the intaginables. Just needs coaching. Will be a stud.
4) Tharold Simon - 6'2 and fluid. Needs coaching on his press but excellent value... Will learn from Webster before taking over for him in a few or so
5) I struggled between Gerald Hodges and Bennie Logan here. I went with Logan because we already have a safety converted LB in JWILL. Hodges will no doubt be a solid LB so either pick will be nice. The value for Logan is insane here though. He would be a good pick in the third
6) Also struggled here. AJ Klein would be a solid ILB but I'm thinking he's only a two down back. Dan Connor will be good for us but he's only on a 1 year contract. Chris Cragg has speed. He ran a 4.5 and Pope is the best TE coach in the league. But you can't teach speed. We are high on Robinson and Gilbride will never use a multiple TE set. Marquiss Wilson will also be a good pick.

Agreed the first two worked out perfect.

3) I like Rambo just felt that I could find value at safety in the later rounds, not sure if you've looked at the tape on Swearinger but IMO he can play. So I went with the Auburn linebacker. Didn't know much about him until yesterday when I was digging in the trenches for someone who could play either strong or inside. Big upside IMO. One of the better block shedding linebackers I've seen in this class.

5) Had to go with Pough, I know, small school and all but he dominated the competition. Someone that strives to get better. High motor type player.

6) I wasn't big on Weaver either with this pick but just knowing more than likely we'll be losing several lineman next season, for that matter this season. God knows David isn't going to stay healthy a full season.

With the seventh pick I was thinking running back and I know we don't typically draft kicker/punters but Quinn Sharp from Oklahoma State can do it all. Huge leg on kick-offs, in college he was both the kicker and punter. IMO he's better than what we currently have on the roster.

Anyway thanks for the props, its a tough crowd...ha
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Forge wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Forge wrote:
Quite possibly the worst niners mock draft I've seen.

What position would you have gone in the first?

Definitely not qb Lol . Any other position would have been better than that. First round will be dline/secondary with a very slight possibility of a wr. The first second rd pick will likely be the same with the addition of possibly taking eifert if he falls that far. But the first round pick is just the tip of the iceburg. The entire 49ers draft is completely off the mark and awful.

I'll definitely take under consideration when working on the next one. As for the other picks, I did place Tyrann Mathieu and McDonald in the third round for secondary help. Thought they filled a need with value there. Selected Dawkins to play DE in the 3/4. Receiver in the top of the second.

A couple of things; one, you have us drafting 4 offensive linemen with our first 8 picks, including a tackle with our third pick. this makes absolutely no sense. we have one of the best, if not the best offensive line in football. And all of them except our center are young and signed for at least 2 more years. There's no way we are doing that. Despite a deep and talented roster, there are definitely holes to fill. what would we do with Thomas? he's sitting behind an all-pro in staley and Anthony Davis, who made a huge jump in improving last year and is all of 23 years old.

Two, you have us taking 4 usc trojans.

While I like Mathieu, and his value, he's the exact opposite of what we are looking for in a cornerback. he's going to start as a slot corner because of his size; we already have a pretty good one in culliver, but we also have four corners who can or do play the slot (brown plays outside, but may be better at the slot due to size, rogers is terrible in the slot but we play him there occasionally regardless, then we have culliver and perrish cox). we are looking at big corners with size (even though i'm a fan of neither, this would mean Amerson, Banks, maybe Wilson in the third). We want physical corners. Also, with our biggest need by far being safety, why would we wait until the third round to address that need in a draft where safety and dline are probably the best and deepest positions? And i say that with being a huge McDonald fan for the last 2 years. We also desperately need defensive line depth, but you have us drafting our first defensive lineman in round 5?

we also need a tight end #2; the loss of Delanie Walker may not seem like much to the casual observer, but he played over 50% of our offensive snaps. We play with 2 tight ends more than any other team outside of new england i believe. Finding a suitable replacement for him is critical; and you don't have us drafting a single tight end I believe.

Barkley though is really bad. If quarterback was graded out like any other position, he'd be a 3rd round pick; but needy qb teams hold on to any glimmer of hope at the qb position which will spike his draft position. But the niners have a very talented, young qb; we have no reason to reach for a qb in the first; especially an overrated one like barkley who has no chance of starting for us. That's just a waste of a first round pick.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks for breaking it down. I know it seems obvious at the mistakes that were made making the draft for the niners as well as several other teams I'm sure but its a process. I watch football as much as I can but trying to follow each team is a bit more time than I can afford. I didn't even realize I had selected 4 Southern Cal. guys. The number of lineman as well. For what its worth thanks for you honesty.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

3) I like Rambo just felt that I could find value at safety in the later rounds, not sure if you've looked at the tape on Swearinger but IMO he can play. So I went with the Auburn linebacker. Didn't know much about him until yesterday when I was digging in the trenches for someone who could play either strong or inside. Big upside IMO. One of the better block shedding linebackers I've seen in this class.

5) Had to go with Pough, I know, small school and all but he dominated the competition. Someone that strives to get better. High motor type player.

6) I wasn't big on Weaver either with this pick but just knowing more than likely we'll be losing several lineman next season, for that matter this season. God knows David isn't going to stay healthy a full season.

With the seventh pick I was thinking running back and I know we don't typically draft kicker/punters but Quinn Sharp from Oklahoma State can do it all. Huge leg on kick-offs, in college he was both the kicker and punter. IMO he's better than what we currently have on the roster.

You can't please everyone and I agree with Swearinger. Had I not seen Rambo I would have been okay with that. Pough is a solid pick, and Reese loves his small school prospects so I like your thinking there. We just signed brown so no need for a kicker in the seventh... I would take a flier on RayRay Armstrong there. As far as Weaver - you're right our OL isn't as good as people think. We have a question at RT this season. Can brewer play? Why not sign Barry Richardson for competition...
Next Snee and Baas are getting older and contracts ending soon...
We have the most important locked down in Beatty... and with this draft we now have a successor to Snee or if booth signs else where. I was almost tempted to grab a lineman in the third or fourth but the values on some of those guys were too good to pass up. Reese drafts value over need... I'm sure if Geno Smith fell into the second and was the BPA on his board he would draft him. If you draft for need you end up like Oakland.. (Sorry Raider fans)

Your Giant mock is solid though. People will always recommend changes based on the way the board falls. But when you're making this mock. If you have us Rambo instead of Denver the whole board would change. Something for everyone else to keep in mind.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Unless the OT plays OG next year for the Vikings, that pick in round two makes no sense, especially with the needs at NT and LB. Barkley to San Fransisco makes 0 sense. Khaseem Greene would be a much better 2nd round pick or Justin Hunter who is great value there, or Sio Moore. 3rd round pick is solid. I don't like Bray all that well in round four, especially in your draft.

I really like Watson, big body on some really quick feet. Played RT in college but could shift inside without any problems IMO.

I see my mistake with Barkley.

I hear Hunter is moving up the boards.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be shocked if the patriots selected Teo in the first. They have three starting linebackers in Mayo Hightower and Spikes. Additionally, Teo is completely redundant with Spikes.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star and Taylor don't fit the Jets needs at all.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

You can't please everyone and I agree with Swearinger. Had I not seen Rambo I would have been okay with that. Pough is a solid pick, and Reese loves his small school prospects so I like your thinking there. We just signed brown so no need for a kicker in the seventh... I would take a flier on RayRay Armstrong there. As far as Weaver - you're right our OL isn't as good as people think. We have a question at RT this season. Can brewer play? Why not sign Barry Richardson for competition...
Next Snee and Baas are getting older and contracts ending soon...
We have the most important locked down in Beatty... and with this draft we now have a successor to Snee or if booth signs else where. I was almost tempted to grab a lineman in the third or fourth but the values on some of those guys were too good to pass up. Reese drafts value over need... I'm sure if Geno Smith fell into the second and was the BPA on his board he would draft him. If you draft for need you end up like Oakland.. (Sorry Raider fans)

Your Giant mock is solid though. People will always recommend changes based on the way the board falls. But when you're making this mock. If you have us Rambo instead of Denver the whole board would change. Something for everyone else to keep in mind.

I do think Brewer can play. He got some much needed reps last season, I wanna say he played in 8 games. I really think that with the Giants giving David the ultimatum "take the cut or get cut" tells me Reese is comfortable in starting Brewer.

You're right about Reese, he does love his small town projects, as well he should. He usually hits. If Geno was there he probably would draft one. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up drafting one this year seeing that most of them are going to be coming off the boards after day 1.

No worries man.... criticism is expected when creating mocks, especially when you screw up and give a team another quarterback when their starter appears to be set in stone...ouch. You're right though, its crazy how something as simple as picking player x over y because you felt like you were reaching and then the next round shows up and y isn't there either. Couple rounds into it, the major hole you wanted to fill has finally showed up in round 6 and you're still in round 5 telling yourself....you've gotta reach.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
I would be shocked if the patriots selected Teo in the first. They have three starting linebackers in Mayo Hightower and Spikes. Additionally, Teo is completely redundant with Spikes.

good one.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Star and Taylor don't fit the Jets needs at all.

Talk to me Goose.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:

This is what I was looking for. Thanks for breaking it down. I know it seems obvious at the mistakes that were made making the draft for the niners as well as several other teams I'm sure but its a process. I watch football as much as I can but trying to follow each team is a bit more time than I can afford. I didn't even realize I had selected 4 Southern Cal. guys. The number of lineman as well. For what its worth thanks for you honesty.

Hey, no problem. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to do a mock draft, especially one that's 6 rounds, and i know i couldn't begin to tell you the needs of every nfl team. Obviously, as a niners fan, i follow them religiously and watch every game. Wasn't trying to give you a hard time or anything. These things are tricky anyway; you can go into the 49ers forum and have 5 fans give you 5 very different "ideal drafts". we all have our preferences for what we want for our team (example; i'm not a fan of drafting eifert with our first or second pick, but a lot of people in our forum love the idea of drafting him. I personally feel it's the law of diminishing returns and we'd get as much production from a third or fourth round tight end as we would for eifert due to the other playmakers we have on the team and the role that our second tight end plays. therefore his value to us is not as great as it would be to another team).

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:

Hey, no problem. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to do a mock draft, especially one that's 6 rounds, and i know i couldn't begin to tell you the needs of every nfl team. Obviously, as a niners fan, i follow them religiously and watch every game. Wasn't trying to give you a hard time or anything. These things are tricky anyway; you can go into the 49ers forum and have 5 fans give you 5 very different "ideal drafts". we all have our preferences for what we want for our team (example; i'm not a fan of drafting eifert with our first or second pick, but a lot of people in our forum love the idea of drafting him. I personally feel it's the law of diminishing returns and we'd get as much production from a third or fourth round tight end as we would for eifert due to the other playmakers we have on the team and the role that our second tight end plays. therefore his value to us is not as great as it would be to another team).

No hard feelings here. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want your input be it good or bad. Ex- military so I'm usually having to backspace the curse words...ha. I'm with you on the TE position, Giants drafted Shockey years back in the first and it worked out, but so did drafting Boss in the later rounds.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Don't like the Bengals draft. They are deep at CB and thin at S, and took a CB at 17 last year. I'd go:

Alec Ogletree
Jonathan Cyprien
Eddy Lacy
Kenny Stills
Jon Bostic
Reid Fragel
Denard Robinson
Best interior olineman available

Noted...I'm not as big on some of the linebackers as most, I think mainly because teams typically will draft a cornerback over linebacker in the first round providing the player grades are similar. When making the next I'll take last years draft picks into consideration, with Newman, Adam Jones on the roster, it appeared to need some youth. Thanks for the feedback

I don't mind the CB pick myself, but you overlooked a big need at RB.

I did and I'm seeing it with a couple teams. I use a formula in excel to weigh the positions at different times throughout the draft and it looks like I need to refine those formulas to weigh more heavily on the actual need rather than the value of the position within each round.

Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: