Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wheaton Vs. Rodgers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Wheaton Vs. Rodgers Reply with quote

Ive been watching to videos of the WRs in this class and think these two could be our best picks. I think each fits with our WCO (or spread..) and would be a perfect number two guy. Im not sure where each guy will end up, but we might have to acquire some picks with a trade to get one.

Who's better?

Props to LOTO on the sig.
marnz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robert woods and Keenan allen are both perfect fits for our offense

i dont think they are 2 better fits for the WCO and now WCO/spread in the draft
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods is almost a cant miss guy...basically you know what your gonna get with him. He wont be great but at worst hes avg. Im not a big fan of allen tho.

marnz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
Woods is almost a cant miss guy...basically you know what your gonna get with him. He wont be great but at worst hes avg. Im not a big fan of allen tho.

im a huge allen fan i think he is the best WR in draft hands down

agree about woods i think he has a high floor however i dont think he will be a superstar however i do think he has a ceiling around Greg Jennings

both are very pro ready and i think will make the offense a lot better especially playing outside bowe
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheaton is my favorite and a perfect fit for our offense. Another excellent option is definitely Robert Woods. Both could go in round 2.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeAndre Hopkins is my guy. Barring a trade back not sure we'd be in position to get him. My other fav is Terrance Williams from Baylor. Walterfootball is now mocking him in the 3rd which is ridiculous if you ask me, but would be all over him if he's there.

^ryknowssd on the sig
samsel23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patton> Wheaton> Woods>>>>>>> Rodgers for me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing is there are 15 WR's projected to go in the 1st 3 rounds. Is it really possibly that all of them are gone by round 4? I would guess that would be some kind of record.

We should be able to get a good one at either the top or bottom of the 3rd even if we don't get our 2nd round pick back.

BTW, Wheaton is the best after the top two...He's the quick twitch guy we don't have with Baldwin or Bowe...he will get open and he's great after the catch. He's the quickest of the top WR's along with Patton and Austin. Austin will be gone and Patton struggled with deep separation even in a poor conference.

Taking Austin and Patterson out of the equation he best fits for KC are:

Wheaton,Rogers, Bailey, Woods and Patton. I just think Wheaton by far gives us the best combo of west coast/spread guy that gets open and excels after the catch as well as having the speed to be a deep threat. I love Rogers, but we already have a similar guy in Baldwin. If I were KC, I would be making sure they reacquire a 2nd round pick with Wheaton being the target.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
samsel23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may get blasted for this but Patton reminds me ALOT of Torrey Smith. Put him in nfl system for a year and he'll be a top 3 wr from this class. Only have Patterson over him with Wheaton right behind him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Patton struggled with deep separation even in a poor conference.

This.

He is talented, but he is nothing special. And as far as Rodgers goes, I would bring up Justin Houston as an example of someone with "character concerns" that has worked out well for us. Rodgers has more of a record, but I like his skillset.

timmay98

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are two I have been bouncing back in my head lately as well. Before the combine I was very intrigued by Rodgers. Mostly his size/speed combination. As time has gone on I've become more of a fan of Wheaton and what he brings to this team. He seems to be a much shiftier quick twich player and is great at running routes. Wheaton reminds me more of a Desean Jackson than McCluster does. While DaRick Rogers reminds me a bit more of a Jonathon Baldwin. Good size, good strength, decent speed (although I believe Baldwin ran a faster 40yd 4.4), character concerns, ? route running.

I am obviously leaning more towards Wheaton. I think he brings more versatility to the team.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm going to get put on blast for this, and I'm ok with that. But am I the ONLY person who thinks us considering a WR before the end of round 3 ridiculous? We have a number 1, a possible 2 in Baldwin (look I'm not a fan, but if he's on the team, he's gotta be considered) 250 slot receivers that could blow up with an accurate QB in Andy's offense...IMHO, if we add a second round pick, and thinking that our first round pick is either

LT/RT, QB, DL...

I don't see WR being anywhere near the top of our needs. In my opinion we absolutely need to have some slots filled by the end of round 3, that don't include a position that usually takes at least 3 years to get going.

Chiefs need O-line help, if Stephenson is that answer at RT and we keep Albert for a year or long term, we have ZERO depth outside, and our inside doesn't look so hot either.

Who starts next to DJ, right now Siler or Jones, let that sink in for a minute.

We need to add a contributing pick to the DL.

I just see a 1st or 2nd round WR as a real luxury at a position where I don't think we have nearly the same need as others.

This may not be coherent, it's been a long week!

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I'm sure I'm going to get put on blast for this, and I'm ok with that. But am I the ONLY person who thinks us considering a WR before the end of round 3 ridiculous? We have a number 1, a possible 2 in Baldwin (look I'm not a fan, but if he's on the team, he's gotta be considered) 250 slot receivers that could blow up with an accurate QB in Andy's offense...IMHO, if we add a second round pick, and thinking that our first round pick is either

LT/RT, QB, DL...

I don't see WR being anywhere near the top of our needs. In my opinion we absolutely need to have some slots filled by the end of round 3, that don't include a position that usually takes at least 3 years to get going.

Chiefs need O-line help, if Stephenson is that answer at RT and we keep Albert for a year or long term, we have ZERO depth outside, and our inside doesn't look so hot either.

Who starts next to DJ, right now Siler or Jones, let that sink in for a minute.

We need to add a contributing pick to the DL.

I just see a 1st or 2nd round WR as a real luxury at a position where I don't think we have nearly the same need as others.

This may not be coherent, it's been a long week!

We have to at least consider a quality prospect at the position. IMO it is all predicated on getting a second round pick. If we are sitting in the middle of the second round (preferrably after a move down in round 2 after acquiring a high 2nd in a 1st round trade down) and are looking at Markus Wheaton and/or Robert Woods, we need to strongly considering selecting one of those two prospects. Outside of Bowe we have little consistency. Baldwin hasn't proven anything yet and I am not ready to hang my hat on Avery as being a consistent presence opposite Bowe. I will continue to maintain that a wide receiver like Wheaton and Woods would be perfect in our offense.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, I get it, and I'm clearly not saying we should ignore it if a good prospect is there. I just would rather roll into the season with Baldwin as our number 2, than with Siler/Jones as our starting ILB. Obviously I am aware of other round picks etc. coming into the fold. I just feel like some of the folks think we NEED to get a second round pick so we can draft a WR. I'd love to snag a second round pick through some trade back scenario. I'm just not on board I guess with the hypothetical idea of "if" we would trade with perhaps the eagles and snag their second that we have to take Woods or whatever WR with that pick.

I think if we're sitting at the top of the second when all is said and done, there are going to be some REALLY good players there to choose from.

And keep in mind 2 things. I'm REALLY close to calling Baldwin a bust, and closer to saying I hate the guy and think we should just cut him. In that scenario I'd be more apt to think we should chase a number 2 WR.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Nic, I get it, and I'm clearly not saying we should ignore it if a good prospect is there. I just would rather roll into the season with Baldwin as our number 2, than with Siler/Jones as our starting ILB. Obviously I am aware of other round picks etc. coming into the fold. I just feel like some of the folks think we NEED to get a second round pick so we can draft a WR. I'd love to snag a second round pick through some trade back scenario. I'm just not on board I guess with the hypothetical idea of "if" we would trade with perhaps the eagles and snag their second that we have to take Woods or whatever WR with that pick.

I think if we're sitting at the top of the second when all is said and done, there are going to be some REALLY good players there to choose from.

And keep in mind 2 things. I'm REALLY close to calling Baldwin a bust, and closer to saying I hate the guy and think we should just cut him. In that scenario I'd be more apt to think we should chase a number 2 WR.

I would tend to agree with you on Baldwin. I hope he can turn the page with a new coaching staff, but I just have to wonder if his head is not in the game mentally enough for him to maximize his physical ability and turn that raw potential into impact.

I would like to see the Chiefs show some interest in Larry Grant. He might not be a world beater and could have looked a little bit better than he really is at least in part because of the 49er defense, but I think he could be a cost-effective value if given the opportunity to compete to start. Then we add a rookie in the middle rounds (beyond 1st round and depending on the talent) to compete with Grant and if Grant isn't a long term solution for us, we groom the rookie. Now maybe you can see why I am as frustrated as I am over not having a high second round pick right out of the gate. And that is all because of our trade for a quarterback that nobody in this forum seems comfortable calling a long term solution at the position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: