Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects coming off injuries
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Prospects coming off injuries Reply with quote

Every year there are quite a few high level prospects who suffered a serious injury or several nagging injuries that hurt their draft stock and possibly their long term potential.

What round would you value these guys at disregarding their injuries? And what round would you feel comfortable drafting them when considering their injury history?

Quanterus Smith/Western Kentucky/DE-OLB

2012: torn left ACL

Michael Mauti/Penn State/ILB

2009: torn right ACL

2011: torn left ACL

2012: torn left ACL

Marcus Lattimore/South Carolina/RB

2011: torn left ACL

2012: Dislocated right knee, torn right ACL, LCL, and PCL

Barrett Jones/BAMA/C

2012: Lisfranc injury to left foot

Cornelius "Tank" Carradine/Florida State/DE-OLB

2012: torn right ACL

Chris Faulk/LSU/OT

2012: torn right ACL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2theOLINE


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 3503
Location: racist desert wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take a look at a couple of these guys. Smith, Lattimore, and Mauti
_________________
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.


thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 4922
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty I'd love for most these guys to be a Cardinal
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
In all honesty I'd love for most these guys to be a Cardinal


You have to be careful though. How many of these types of high risk, high reward players are you willing to take in one draft?

I wanted Greg Childs badly in 2011 and look what happened to him. But I also think you need to gamble on at least one of these players on Day 3. It's in rounds 1-3 where I become hesitant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 4922
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
In all honesty I'd love for most these guys to be a Cardinal


You have to be careful though. How many of these types of high risk, high reward players are you willing to take in one draft?

I wanted Greg Childs badly in 2011 and look what happened to him. But I also think you need to gamble on at least one of these players on Day 3. It's in rounds 1-3 where I become hesitant.


I'm not saying that I would want us to draft all these guys. Maybe two at the most.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mauti is way too risky
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Mauti is way too risky


Depends. The risk will go down the later in the draft he'll fall. Round 6 or round 7? There is zero risk. It won't put the future of this organization at stake on bit if he gets injured again and it's a wasted draft pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Mauti is way too risky


Depends. The risk will go down the later in the draft he'll fall. Round 6 or round 7? There is zero risk. It won't put the future of this organization at stake on bit if he gets injured again and it's a wasted draft pick.


3 ACL surgeries is too risky. Late Round Picks are more important than you think
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5071
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faulk would be nice in the 7th

Lattimore in the 6th too pls
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Faulk would be nice in the 7th

Lattimore in the 6th too pls


is that the earliest you would take Lattimore? Because there's no way he falls that far. I think he goes round 3 or earlier. If he somehow falls top the 4th, that's where I'd take him for our team at least. We already have Mendenhall and Williams so as long as they stay healthy we can basically put him on the PUP list. I MIGHT be ok with taking him in the 3rd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50737
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Faulk in the fourth.

I love Mauti and Smith, the former is a guy I would love for this team to draft despite the knee injuries, he looked great last season at Penn State playing on a pair of surgically repaired knees.

Smith is one of the best bend and close rushers in the draft.

Lot of high upside risks here in Lattimore, Smith and Faulk.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I would take Faulk in the fourth.

I love Mauti and Smith, the former is a guy I would love for this team to draft despite the knee injuries, he looked great last season at Penn State playing on a pair of surgically repaired knees.

Smith is one of the best bend and close rushers in the draft.

Lot of high upside risks here in Lattimore, Smith and Faulk.


Faulk is a guy that has totally fallen off the radar. What do you think of him? Would you keep him at LT? I see some Levi Brown in him. Gets beaten by speedy guys sometimes.

Just curious. How many of these types of guys would you take in one draft? i'd honestly be upset if we didn't come away with at least one of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50737
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Faulk is a guy that has totally fallen off the radar. What do you think of him? Would you keep him at LT? I see some Levi Brown in him. Gets beaten by speedy guys sometimes.

Just curious. How many of these types of guys would you take in one draft? i'd honestly be upset if we didn't come away with at least one of them.


He is raw, but I do like him at LT. He was highly rated preseason after a very strong sophomore campaign.

How many of these guys we end up with is going to depend entirely on the medical reports on them and the grades they have with everything taken into account. If they are the best player around pick them.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5071
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we take a punt on any/some/all of those players?

I think Faulk can be a good player, LT or really a RT, but not worth anything before round 5, more likely 6 or later

I like Latts, but that injury was sick, he will need at least 2 years to get back to form, we need help at RB right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12165
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore will go in the 2nd. He had a minor pro-day just to show the strength of his knee and he killed. Got an ovation from NFL scouts doing quickness drills and going up steps, with weights on his 1 bad leg by itself. Kid will be a star within the next couple years. Apparently his attitude & work-ethic are legendary.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group