Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First mock of the year
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flood89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: First mock of the year Reply with quote

Let me know what ya think, of course not everyone is going to like all the picks, but noone knows what is going to happen. That's what is so great about the draft. Also I may have missed an obvious 1st round player or two so let me know. Enjoy!!

1. Kansas City - Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M

2. Jacksonville - Sharriff Floyd, DT Florida

3. Oakland - Geno Smith, QB WVU

4. Philadelphia- Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan

5. Detroit - Dion Jordan, DE Oregon

6. Cleveland - Dee Milliner, CB Alabama

7. Arizona - Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma

8. Buffalo - Cordarelle Patterson, WR Tennessee

9. NY Jets - Jarvis Jones, LB Georgia

10. Tennessee - Chance Warmack, G Alabama

11. San Diego - Xavier Rhodes, CB FSU

12. Miami - Johnathan Cooper, OG UNC

13. Tampa Bay - Tavon Austin, WR West Virginia

14. Carolina - Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri

15. New Orleans - Ezekial Ansah, DE/OLB BYU

16. St. Louis - Star Lotuleli, DT Utah

17. Pittsburgh - Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE LSU

18. Dallas - DJ Fluker, OT Alabama

19. NY Giants - Bjoern Werner, DE FSU

20. Chicago - Arthur Brown, MLB Kansas State

21. Cincinnati - Kenny Vacarro, S Texas

22. St. Louis - Keenan Allen, WR California

23. Minnesota - Desmond Trufant, CB Washington

24. Indianapolis - Damontre Moore, DE/OLB Texas A&M

25. Minnesota - Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia

26. Green Bay - Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame

27. Houston - Quinton Patton, WR Louisiana Tech

28. Denver - Sylvester Williams, DT UNC

29. New England - Robert Woods, WR USC

30. Atlanta - Johnathan Banks, CB Mississippi State

31. San Francisco - Matt Elam, S Florida

32. Baltimore - Kevin Minter, LB LSU

Last edited by flood89 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Pat Chung clone! Robert Woods?

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
flood89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I've definitely seen you post that before. Dolphins fan here, as much as it hates me to see a Patriots fan happy, I'll let ya have him.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flood my friend your about to get many TE is a terrible pick for the Falcons replies Smile Just giving you a fair warning ahead of time as TE is like our 5th or 6th need at best this point. People don't realize how bad our defensive talent is right now and im here to show you that and why TE is such a terrible pick. Our offense is straight loaded with talent top to bottom even our 3 TE's are good in Gonzo, Palmer, and Coffman. So you would be drafting a backup who this year would be very likely the #5 to #6 target at best on the team after Roddy, Julio, Gonzo, Jackson/Quizz, Harry Then Ertz.

Now for those defensive problems i told you we had and don't get scared when you see our depth chart it's hideous.

LDE Kroy Biermann Jonathan Massaquoi
DT Jonathan Babineaux Travian Robertson
DT Corey Peters Peria Jerry
RDE Cliff Matthews
OLB Sean Weatherspoon Robert James
MLB Akeem Dent
OLB Stephen Nicholas
RCB Robert McClain
LCB Asante Samuel Dominique Franks
SS William Moore
FS Thomas DeCoud Charles Mitchell

DE - 3 DE on the roster and all 3 were 5th round plus players. Biermann is the only one with starting experience.

DT - Decent depth here although we have to have a 3-4 NT come in this year from the FA or Draft none of those guys can do it and we run 3-4 fronts to often not to have a true 3-4 NT Nolan even said he wants to do more of them this offseason.

LB - We need a legit OLB/ILB to come in here and help this group badly as well. seeing as we only have 4 lb's on the entire team and only 1 starter quality in Spoon.

FS - Were solid here nothing real big needed Pro bowl starter and solid depth we drafted.

SS - We could use a depth pick later although we are known to get a vet SS backup every year in FA for cheap. Maybe Chris Hope comes back.

CB - We have 3 CB on the entire team. All 3 are talented but we could probably use 1 or 2 to come in and fight for a starting spot.

Jessie Williams at NT would be a much better pick for us as we literally don't have a 3-4 NT on the entire roster and we ran 3-4 alot last year and we got gashed up the middle because of it in that aligment. Plus he could play in the 4-3 as well he is that versatile of a DT.
Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go DE/DT there I think we take Sly Williams. The FO seems to love him.

Edit- Good new pick.

Last edited by Nobody on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
flood89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After signing Osi, I feel like your secondary and DE's are doing alright and you can find depth later on in the draft. I can definitely see them picking up some defense here, but I'm not going to pass up Ertz or Eifert playing behind Gonzo for a year and then taking over.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for the Bengals

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flood89 wrote:
After signing Osi, I feel like your secondary and DE's are doing alright and you can find depth later on in the draft. I can definitely see them picking up some defense here, but I'm not going to pass up Ertz or Eifert playing behind Gonzo for a year and then taking over.

Our secondary is doing alright? I hope your team can field a CB group with only 3 people Very Happy Grimes, Owens, and Robinson all left this year.

All we have are Asante who is old as well for his position in his mid 30's

Mcclain who was on the PS last year and earned a spot as the nickleback then a starting spot when grimes went down. So he is a 1 yr player. Then Franks who pretty much has done nothing since he got here but has shown talent at times.

We literally have to have a 2 CB's this draft to even have a full squad of CB. 1 of them need to be a starter quality CB.

TE on the other hand we actually have 3 guys who are talented 1 in Chase Coffmann who is probably more talented and upside than Ertz. We also just resigned coffmann this offseason to a 2 yr deal.

It's seems sorta funny to me that everyone who isn't an atlanta fan gives us a TE but not 1 atlanta fan ever gives us one in a draft earlier than the 4th or 5th round.

Plus Austin next year at TE is a much better prospect than Eifert or Ertz we can grab a guy like him next year or 1 in FA or heck even go with a guy like Reed, Fauria, Escobar, Kelce. Mcdonald in the later part of the mock and have them learn under Gonzo their upsides are as good as Eifert and Ertz almost as well for much better value.

Adding Ertz will do what give us maybe .3 points more a game if that as the #5 option. A legit starting NT or CB could literally change our whole defense this year.
flood89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't say I know more about Atlanta than you do, so you win. I looked at your guys forum and I seen a mock with Banks, so that's what I'm going with now. Like I said this is my first mock of the year, thanks for the input man.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure I would go DT over DE for the Jags. Dion Jordan is a better pikc IMO, although I could live with FLoyd as the pick.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay for the Vikings, CB is okay in round one and Ogletree isn't bad, but he has character concerns, so I don't see the Vikings drafting him.

FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flood89 wrote:
Well I can't say I know more about Atlanta than you do, so you win. I looked at your guys forum and I seen a mock with Banks, so that's what I'm going with now. Like I said this is my first mock of the year, thanks for the input man.

Np bro glad ya checked our forums out to get some info Smile Also appreciate the time you took out to reply both times. I'll probably be complaining like this come draft day if Dimitroff does go TE in the 1st round as will alot of falcon fans lol. But knowing our luck it will happen XD

Banks isn't a bad choice at all CB is def. a huge need and he has alot of upside.

Him or Williams are good picks. The only reason i personally went with Williamsis because Cb is much deeper than NT is and NT is a much harder position to find true talent. But im cool with both.

Look forward to seeing your next mock before the draft if ya do one. Keep checking those forum sections you will get good input from fans of their teams. Thats how i usually make my mocks when i do em.
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dislike the Fisher pick. We could of drafted Star....
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad for the Steelers. I personally would've chose Vaccaro, but I like Mingo as well.

Go Noles!
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Brown. Would prefer Vaccaro, Trufant, Moore, or Ogletree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: