Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detailed 2 Round Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pantherfan90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Detailed 2 Round Mock Reply with quote

Hey all! I have added a second round to what was a very well received first round. I have made a few changes to my first round, so please enjoy. Again, positive and helpful comments please. I try really hard to make sure I do a good job and know y'all know your team better than I do. Enjoy!

Round 1

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

With the trade for Alex Smith, I think this is about as close to a lock as you can get. With the health concerns of Star, Joeckel is the only other player worth the #1 pick in my opinion. I personally have Eric Fisher rated about Joeckel, but I don't think many others share the same opinion as I do.

2. Jaguars - Dion Jordan DE/OLB

I just am not as big of a fan of Floyd as everyone else seems to be. I still think Star is the ace of this class and, due to his possible health issues, he is free falling on big boards everywhere. In steps Dion Jordan. He is a game changer; I think he could be a SLB or DE and excel at either. Jordan will go a long way to helping this defense.

3. Raiders - Geno Smith QB WVU

I actually really like this pick for the boys in black and silver. I know some will have concerns, especially after the last QB they took this high; however, I think Smith is a much better prospect than Russell was. Smith is an athlete along with having a great arm. Geno can sit and learn if the Raiders wanna let Palmer play out his contract or could come in right away. Regardless, an improvement at QB is needed.

4. Eagles - Dee Milliner CB Alabama

I am absolutely in love with this guy. I personally think he can be a shutdown corner in this league. I know some aren't happy with a CB being taken this high, but I think its going to be Milliner if Jordan doesn't fall to them.

5. Lions - Eric Fisher OT CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY (FIRE UP CHIPS!!!)

I go to Central Michigan University and will tell you, this kid is a stud. I personally have him rated higher than Joeckel, but playing in the MAC hurt his draft stock. I can tell you, our Chippewas haven't been that good, so he's gotten PLENTY of practice pass blocking and shows great pop with his hits. Seriously may be my favorite offensive prospect this year besides the two guards.

6. Browns - Ziggy Ansah DE/OLB BYU

I think the Browns could be players in actually moving UP for a change to go after Dion Jordan. I truly think Jordan is who they are coveting but, with the combine he had, I don't see him lasting to #6. Someone else will move up to take him if no one else takes him before this spot. If this happened, I do think they'd move back for someone looking to move up. Instead, they stick around and grab a very interesting prospect in Ansah.

7. Cardinals - Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

Lane Johnson is definitely no scrub, but I have a feeling the Cardinals were hoping either Fisher, Joeckel or Smith fell to them here. If I predicted trades, I'd say I could see them moving down for someone wanting to get Jones, Mingo or one of the guards.

8. Bills - Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

I don't think there is a QB or WR worth this spot. Instead, they opt to improve their defense with Jones. He scares me with all his concerns, but he can be scary on the field as well. In my opinion, he is THE high risk/high reward player in this draft.

9. Jets - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB LSU

Pretty simple pick in my opinion. They are in the market for a pass rusher and I think Ansah, Jordan, Jones and Mingo all should go within the top ten picks. So if any of these guys are available at #9, I think the Jets jump on them.

10. Titans - Star Lotulelei DT Utah

Gone are the days where I could get giddy with the thought Star would fall to my Panthers, especially with the Levitre signing. I STILL think Warmack or Cooper is a possibility here, but I think they grab the best player available (my top player on my board period) in Star.

11. Chargers - Chance Warmack OG Alabama

The Chargers really wanted one of the three top tackles here, but alas none of them fall. So they opt to grab the best guard prospect in quite sometime and shore up another need. I could see a move down to grab an OT, but, again, I don't predict trades.

12. Dolphins - Jonathan Cooper OG/C UNC

I had this pick as Tavon Austin before free agency started. I still even had it as Austin for quite some time after they signed Wallace and resigned Hartline. However, I just think they absolutely can't pass up on Cooper here. He's not an OT, but unless they trade up or back, I highly doubt they get an OT here.

13. Buccaneers - Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

Recent mocks have Floyd going as high as #3 to the Raiders, but I don't think he'll go that high. He's a VERY solid player though and wish the Buc's didn't take him. I think the Buc's will pass on Werner here because of Bowers and Clayborn; I think if they felt they needed a DE, they wouldn't have gotten rid of Bennett.

14. Panthers - Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

I got absolutely tired of watching highlight after highlight last year where someone would take the top off our defense. Vaccaro should help our struggling secondary and this pick makes the most sense. I personally would love Tavon Austin here, but I think Vaccaro is the safer pick.

15. Saints - Bjoern Werner DE FSU

Sean Payton gets started immediately on that defense. Werner falls a bit because of what I would call "scheme concerns". He's one of those guys that you either seem to love or hate him. I think Tavon Austin gets a serious look here, but Payton can't justify grabbing a WR after the year his defense had in my opinion.

16. Rams - Tavon Austin WR WVU

Austin is just too much of a playmaker for the Rams to pass on here. With two first round picks, they can afford a bit of a "luxury pick" here in Austin. I truly love this kid and don't think he's a luxury pick at all, but some aren't sold on him. Very quietly, the Rams are becoming a force to be reckoned with in their division.

17. Steelers - Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee

I love my Chippewa, but he can't handle the entire WR workload for the Steelers. Patterson is my 2nd favorite WR in this class and, most would argue, is the best #1 WR prospect in this draft. I think he and Brown would make a great WR tandem for Big Ben.

18. Cowboys - Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

Fills a need for the Cowboys and, since neither of the top guards are available, he may be the top prospect at this point on their board.

19. Giants - Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame

I had this guy free falling, but a solid pro day has me reexamining his draft stock. I don't personally feel I'd touch the guy with a day one pick; however, it would appear Te'o has shot back UP the draft boards and should be a day one selection.

20. Bears - DJ Fluker OG/OT Alabama

I truly think Fluker will be moved inside to play guard. He has the athleticism to play RT in my opinion, but I think he will excel at guard.

21. Bengals - Alec Ogletree LB Georgia

Even with the resigning of Maualuga, the are still in the market for a LBer. Had a few different directions I felt they could have gone, mostly Matt Elam, Jonathan Cyprien, Xaiver Rhodes (I feel he could play safety) or Brown but I felt Ogletree was too good for them to pass up here. I could actually see a trade back to grab one of the previous mentioned guys but, again, I don't do trades.

22. Rams (from Redskins) - Matt Elam S Florida

An improvement is need at safety and it comes in the form of Matt Elam. I could see a trade down, but I truly think with the emergence of Seattle, the Rams will feel they need to not accumulate picks and get another immediate starter.

23. Vikings - Keenan Allen WR Cal

I feel like the Vikings are in an interesting spot here; with a pick at #25, they only have to worry about the Colts taking someone they are eying. I think Keenan Allen and Jesse Williams are on the Vikings radar, but the issue is I think they are also on the Colts radar as well. So the Vikings opt for Allen, hoping Williams makes it past the Colts.

24. Colts - Xavier Rhodes CB/S FSU

I originally had DaMontre Moore here, but Rhodes seems to be the better value to most. I still think there is better value at CB/S in the later rounds compared to the talent level at DE/OLB later, but I stick by the thinking the fans of their teams know their team's board better than I do.

25. Vikings (from Seahawks) - Jesse Williams NT Alabama

Originally had Datone Jones here, but their need falls more on a NT in their 4-3 rather than the UT. Williams is a monster in the middle and, ironically, will continue the Williams trend at DT for them.

26. Packers - Datone Jones DT/DE UCLA

Packers have a need along their defensive line and Jones can step in and contribute off the edge as a DE in their 3-4. I personally like Jones as the UT or DE in a 4-3, but he'll do just fine in the 3-4 I believe.

27. Texans - Jonathan Cyprien S FIU

Texans have a need in their secondary, despite the signing of Ed Reed. Cyprien should help improve an already stout defense.

28. Broncos - DaMontre Moore DE/OLB Texas A&M

The Broncos luck out and get Moore to fill a void. Even if Dumervil resigns, they'll still need more of a pass rush. Moore's free fall finally ends, leaving Bronco fans happy he did so poorly at the combine. Gotta love when a top five guy plummets because of a few bad tests.

29. Patriots - DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

Hopkins is a bit of a project; great skill set but raw. Enter Tom Brady and the Patriot way. Hopkins screams Patriot pick to me. He's a guy they don't have to start right away and can let develop. Could become their #1 WR within a few years.

30. Falcons - Arthur Brown LB Kansas State

The Falcons rush up, stunned Brown is still sitting there for them to take.

31. 49ers - Eric Reid S LSU

Reid is potentially my favorite safety in this year's class. He is an absolute ball hawk and could step in on day one and start. I could see the 49ers moving up with all their draft picks, but if they stay put, I see them taking a safety early.

32. Ravens - Kevin Minter LB LSU

With the rising of Te'o, I think Minter makes more and more sense here. I think Minter will be available and can start day one inside for them.

Round 2

33. Jaguars - Desmond Trufant CB Washington

The Jaguars are in desperate need at CB. I have Trufant rated above Banks, so he's the pick.

34. 49ers (from Chiefs) - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

The 49ers like to run a lot of 2 TE sets, so they grab the best TE in the draft (in most people's opinion). I think Ertz might be a better fit for what they are looking to do, but I think Eifert is just too good of value to pass up here for them.

35. Eagles - Johnathan Hankins DT OSU

The Eagles have a need inside and Hankins fills that whole.

36. Lions - Barrett Jones OG/C Alabama

I think (for me at least) its Milliner or bust at CB for us. I'm not a huge fan of this CB class outside of Milliner. We've got a fair amount of depth at CB, just need a #1 guy. So if we miss out on Milliner, I don't think we go CB. I could see us taking Swearinger or one of the DEs, but I personally feel that Jones is the best value at this selection. He can play guard this year (if we want) and then move to OC when Dom leaves next year.

37. Bengals (from Raiders) - Eddie Lacy RB Alabama

I know some think Lacy will last till the Bengal's second pick in the second round, but I am of the opinion that if the Bengals want Lacy, they need to grab him here. The Jets lost Shonn Greene (even with a potential replacement, looks thin to me), Dolphins lost Reggie Bush, Rams lost Stephen Jackson, Steelers have a ton of question marks and the Giants, even with David Wilson, could be a team that went after Lacy I think. Lacy is the leader of a subpar RB core in my opinion, but should go in this range come draft day.

38. Cardinals - EJ Manuel QB FSU

I think Manuel fits EXACTLY what they are hoping to do in Arizona. I could see them being honest about liking Stanton and thinking he's their QB, but I've learned over the years not to trust leaked reports or statements made when its this close to the draft. In their division, they make up the cellar and I don't see them leaving any time soon. Point of saying that is Manuel doesn't have to be forced into action day one if he doesn't appear ready.

39. Browns - Supplemental Draft

40. Jets - Mike Glennon QB NC State

Thus continues the run on QBs. I truly think day two will be chalk full of teams grabbing the QBs they want. I think Glennon fits what Sexy Rexy wants in his QB. Ryan is a defensive guy who wants to run the football; he's old school and Glennon is an old school type of quarterback. Nothing wrong with that as I personally have Glennon as my favorite QB in this class, but the league is changing. I think the Jets make a statement that they will continue to do what they do and Glennon fits that perfectly in my opinion.

41. Titans - Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi State

The Titans cash in on a strong defensive class this year with Star and Banks. Both guys are guys who fall because of "combine issues", but both should make solid contributions to this up and coming team.

42. Bills - Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse

The Bills get the guy they're linked to loving and manage to get him in the 2nd round. With the run of QBs here, I could see any number of teams moving up to get their guy. The Jets, Bills and Cardinals all need QBs, but I could see all of them moving around on draft day.

43. Dolphins - Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff

The Dolphins continue to strengthen their offensive line with Armstead to couple with the Cooper pick in the first. I think if Banks had stuck around, he'd be the selection here, due to their need at CB as well. However, I think they'll be very happy with Armstead as a back up plan.

44. Bucs - Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB Connecticut

I think Wilson will do well in Tampa. They are in desperate need for a CB and, until anything is official on Revis, I'm going to assume they still need CBs come draft day. Wilson and Floyd make for great additions to this already solid defense.

45. Panthers - Kawaan Short DT Purdue

I battled with this pick for awhile; I like Justin Hunter, Robert Woods and Terrance Williams (the next WRs on my board) but I don't think any of them provide the value Short does here at this pick. Hunter's injury scares me and I wonder if he'll ever be the same guy again. Woods is someone I actually like and, if I had to pick a WR here, it'd probably be him. I like Williams but he's the last guy of the three WRs I'd take here. With no 3rd round pick, I'd rather address DT than WR here and think Short will "measure up" to being the pick here Very Happy

46. Saints - Forfeited

47. Chargers - Kyle Long OT Oregon

The Chargers join the numerous teams who double dip along the offensive lines. I think Long CAN play LT and will.

48. Rams - Menelik Watson OT FSU

I think Watson's ability to play either OT spot will attract the Rams. Sure, they signed Long and have Saffold, but injury concerns and Saffold's future leave them possibly looking to grab someone this year to secure their future.

49. Cowboys - Larry Warford OG Kentucky

Huh, another player in the trenches. I can't believe I'm mocking this to the Cowboys, who I'm sure will move around come draft day, but I think Warford is solid value at a position of need for them. Lucky for the Cowboys, this draft is full of players who fill both of their main needs.

50. Steelers - DJ Swearinger S South Carolina

The Steelers are in desperate need in the back end of their secondary. I like Swearinger and think he fits the Steelers.

51. Giants - Alex Okafor DE Texas

I'm higher on Okafor than Tank Carradine. Tank's injury scares me off from giving him a higher grade, so he drops a bit in my mock. Okafor is a GREAT value in my opinion for the Giants here in the second round. I like Okafor in the first, but he's slipped due to the run of offensive lineman and quarterbacks.

52. Bears - Jonathan Bostic LB Florida

Urlacher has left Chicago and MLB is suddenly a need for "DAAAA Bears". I really like Bostic and think he could be the best MLB of this draft when all is said and done.

53. Redskins - David Amerson CB/S NC State

The once top ten pick falls all the way to the Redskins. I personally think Amerson could DEFINITELY surprise people and return to the top ten form people once had him at. The Redskins sure hope so.

54. Vikings - Darius Slay CB Mississippi State

Some have Slay rated above Banks but I personally feel the combine numbers will only affect Banks Madden speed rating. I think Slay would have gotten more attention and drafted higher had Banks not been above him on the depth chart.

55. Bengals - Bacarri Rambo S Georgia

Enter all the jokes about the Bengals taking questionable characters. I know I haven't helped the stereotype with them getting Ogletree AND Rambo, but I feel that the value was too good to pass up at both positions, especially since both fill needs.

56. Dolphins (from Colts) - Jamar Taylor CB Boise State

Despite all their signings (and potential signings), a depth guy is needed at the cornerback position. Taylor is a solid CB, who could have been drafted sooner if he were a bit taller in my opinion.

57. Packers - Zach Ertz TE Stanford

I passed on Eifert in the first round for them because I had Jones rated higher; however, Ertz is a GREAT value at this pick for them, even if you feel Finley will come back and dominate.

58. Seahawks - Justin Pugh OG/OT Syracuse

Pugh's stock has fallen due to a lackluster performance at the Senior Bowl. I think the Seahawks nab him up though to play inside.

59. Texans - Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

Hunter falls due to teams not knowing if he'll ever return to form from his injury. The Texans take a chance on him and grab a WR with a very high ceiling.

60. Broncos - Tank Carradine DE/OLB FSU

I have Carradine falling because of injury concerns. I know I gave the Broncos Moore in the first, but I truly feel Carradine is too good of value here to not double dip on pass rushers.

61. Patriots - Sylvester Williams DT/DE UNC

Williams bolsters the front of the Pats defensive line and should line up well with Wilfork.

62. Falcons - Jonathan Jenkins NT Georgia

The Falcons need to stop lucking out...is it weird I'm getting pissed typing this out for them? Jenkins and Brown are great value picks and should go a long way towards helping their defense.

63. 49ers - Sam Montgomery DE/OLB LSU

I truly think the work ethic concerns are what drop him down this far. Montgomery is ANOTHER solid pass rusher in this class that should be drafted higher based on talent in my opinion. I'd LOVE to see Montgomery try and take plays off with Harbaugh as his coach. I have a feeling that little issue would no longer be a problem.

64. Ravens - TJ McDonald USC

Despite the Huff signing, I think the Ravens will still draft a safety within the first three rounds. I think McDonald pairs well with Huff.

Adopt-a-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Season Stats: 96 Receptions 1681 Yards 16 TD's
Playoff Stats: 12 Receptions 211 Yards 2 TD's

Last edited by Pantherfan90 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fluhartz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bengals draft..and that Jonathan Bostic Pic is awesome

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the Falcons draft.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings draft would be a lot better with Arthur Brown at 25 and S Williams at 54.
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Giants were going to draft Te'o they would have probably just kept Blackburn.

Aren't they both slow LBs with great "instincts" or am I off base?
Flexx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHIEFS: I am one who agrees w/you on Fisher, however, not by much. I think either will be fine for the Chiefs. Fisher may have a little more upside but Joeckel is just a bit more athletic, IMO.
Pantherfan90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
If Giants were going to draft Te'o they would have probably just kept Blackburn.

Aren't they both slow LBs with great "instincts" or am I off base?

I know this is going to sound weird, but I actually agree with you. As I state in the mock, I'm not a big Te'o fan and would personally head in another direction if I were them. However, I don't mock what I WANT, its what I see happening. Te'o is on the rise and was once heralded as a top five guy. I just see Te'o being the pick.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for the Cowboys. S.Richardson and Warford is just about as good as say Cooper + S.Williams or K.Short. Any combo of 1st and 2nd's like that will make me Very Happy

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man this falcons draft is a monster already. Follow those 2 picks up with a good CB and DE in the next 2 rounds and were pretty much set bro.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With whose on the board, the Cards probably would've taken Mingo/Jones/Warmack and Glennon/Warford

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen is a great first Vikings pick, but Frazier's already said that they're looking to draft a guy who will start at MLB, and they cannot pass on Arthur Brown at 25, especially when they prefer Sylvester Williams over any DT available at 25...

Speaking of Williams, he'd have to be the pick in the 2nd, he's a fringe 1st round talent who fills a need and who is a big favorite of the FO.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
Allen is a great first Vikings pick, but Frazier's already said that they're looking to draft a guy who will start at MLB, and they cannot pass on Arthur Brown at 25, especially when they prefer Sylvester Williams over any DT available at 25...

Speaking of Williams, he'd have to be the pick in the 2nd, he's a fringe 1st round talent who fills a need and who is a big favorite of the FO.

I will change accordingly. Thank you for posting about them looking to add a starting MLB instead of just saying "take him over him". I poked around your forum and didn't see anything about MLB being an immediate need, I apologize.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid draft for SF, and I like the effort you put into it. I like the Eric Reid pick enough.. love the Eifert pick next... and Montgomery at the end of rd 2 is also very good.

Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bills brass likes Barkley and if he is there at 41 he is the puck, he may even go at 8 but I like the Jarvis Jones pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: