Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Draft Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Pre-Draft Power Rankings Reply with quote

Got a couple here:

ESPN, which has us ranked #28

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/74371/espn-coms-nfl-pre-draft-power-rankings-2

and CBS, which has us ranked #31.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21952059/power-rankings-move-over-ravens-its-broncos-time-now

Not exactly feeling the love, but so far given our FA activity, I can't blame them. It's pretty apparent that the perceived quality of a team's starting QB weighs heavily in these rankings. The bottom 7-8 teams in both rankings have pretty huge question marks at that position IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't think of justification for having us much higher than #28-29 honestly. Our offense is a hot mess (thanks Chan) and our defense isn't much better. Both lines are solid, though we do have a need at left guard and #2 defensive end.

Our back end is full of holes, Gilmore and Byrd are the only guys behind the D-line that would start anywhere else in the NFL. Our linebacker situation is still in shambles despite adding Manny Lawson. And we need at least 2 more corners and another safety.

Offense is just hot garbage after the line, C.J., and Stevie. I mean seriously, we have no other wideouts, and we have no QB.

I don't doubt unless we get a rookie QB that just lights the league on fire, that it's going to be a long, long, long year.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought is that if we got a quality QB with pick #8, we still would only jump up to around #20-22. Really want to see the LB corps revamped...they were just so awful last year. We really were in a spot where we had to pick our poison. Meaning, if we defended the run, teams passed on us and if we played nickel we got shredded on the ground. Really was a disappointing season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definatly need to add at least 2 more linebackers through the draft, UDFA's and whats left of the FA market. If we didn't need a QB so bad (and we REALLY need one) I'd suggest taking one at #8 even if it was a reach.

We had the worst LB'ers in the league last year. It really was painful to watch, especially that Seattle game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: