Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The End for the XFL unis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't like the stripes.

the Numbers are downright ugly, as certain combinations wirk better than others...it's not a unified look. The 7 looks great, the 69 cartoonish but at least it blends somehow, the 84 is a design failure, as 8 and 4 bite each other awfully. As Said, the numbers were designed by an amateur.

I'M not even sure the numbers are the worst part. The Horns on the helmet are embarassing: the tips actually touch at the back of the helmet. A Bull with touching tips of their horns does not have a weapon anymore. It's a genetic anomaly.

Outside Of these 3 things, i like them.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought, on a close up look, the horns don't actually touch.

http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2013/04-April/tempIMG_5776_2013UniHelmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

He's a large image.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uff I'm glad. Thanks for this, master rpm.

Coukd have sworn on some of the preview images that they touch. Bad angle probably.

Much Better.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiss_vike wrote:
Uff I'm glad. Thanks for this, master rpm.

Coukd have sworn on some of the preview images that they touch. Bad angle probably.

Much Better.

I think you're right.

I also through there was an early image showing the horns touching.

Hopefully the helmets shown in the two pictures above are the official version Smile
Krauser

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The helmets are great, love the matte purple and black masks. The horns don't touch, that was a photoshop error in the promo photos.

The stripes are well designed: a modern touch but not too much. They look better on the actual unis (seen from the side) than on the replica jerseys in the NFL shop where they wrap around.

The font is iffy. The lettering for the player names is alright, but the numbers are trying too hard. Some of the 2 digit numbers look better together than others, really like the #28, #29, and #15. The 80 numbers and 90 numbers are awkward, especially #84, which is too bad because CP's going to dominate and everyone's going to be buying his jersey.

The white jerseys are even better than the purple, especially with the purple pants.

Overall, it's a huge improvement. Probably the worst uni in the league for the last few years is now one of the best. Managed to do something stylish and modern that's still in keeping with the traditional look of the team, and there's no gray or neon Nike yellow-green in sight.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Hopefully the helmets shown in the two pictures above are the official version Smile

Not sure why they would wear an unofficial version for the official unveiling of the new look.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numbers were done by an amateur?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
JMac79

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
The font is iffy. The lettering for the player names is alright, but the numbers are trying too hard. Some of the 2 digit numbers look better together than others, really like the #28, #29, and #15. The 80 numbers and 90 numbers are awkward, especially #84, which is too bad because CP's going to dominate and everyone's going to be buying his jersey.

Yeah, I agree that the numbers kind of look a bit "off"; to me, I can see where they were going with it, but I don't think they really executed it fully. My main problem is probably exemplified by the #82: the hooky, serif thingie at the top right of the 8 pairs up well with the natural curve of the top left of the 2, but the squared corner on the bottom left of the 2 looks out of place and as something of a forgotten detail when paired with the hooky, serif thingie coming off the bottom of the 8. Compare that with the #28 where the serif thingies on the 2 match the curves of the 8 at both the top and bottom, and it seems like they didn't think the concept through fully, when considering all the various number combinations - its like they were only playing around with AP's jersey as a model, and stopped working on it when it looked good for his #28.

Krauser wrote:
The white jerseys are even better than the purple, especially with the purple pants.

I completely agree - the standard home combination (purple jersey, white pants) are decent if rather unexciting, but the white jersey, purple pants combo is the best of the bunch. I really hope those become the default away combination, because the white/white is really boring, especially since it has much less purple than in the previous uniform (I forgot how much white and how little purple there was in those '80s, '90s, and early '00s away uniforms).

DJC71 wrote:
That's like asking if I'd still buy my ex-wife flowers on our anniversary after she left me for another dude. Heck no. I hope she gets bedbugs.
Krauser

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My main problem is probably exemplified by the #82: the hooky, serif thingie at the top right of the 8 pairs up well with the natural curve of the top left of the 2, but the squared corner on the bottom left of the 2 looks out of place and as something of a forgotten detail when paired with the hooky, serif thingie coming off the bottom of the 8. Compare that with the #28 where the serif thingies on the 2 match the curves of the 8 at both the top and bottom, and it seems like they didn't think the concept through fully, when considering all the various number combinations - its like they were only playing around with AP's jersey as a model, and stopped working on it when it looked good for his #28.

Yeah, exactly. #22 is even worse because the two 2's don't match and they clash at the bottom where the spikey serif meets the block of the 2nd number. Otherwise I'd probably buy a Smith #22 to go with my Smith #26 from the 90s. As is I'll probably get a Rhodes #29.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

Read what JMac wrote. It's unfinished, not thought to the end, and worst of all, not tested on all numbers = amateurish.
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the shoes, they are just too bleh. I won't eve be able to watch the game because of the dumb shoes. They should have done something else... did they pay anyone? Painful to read... right?

I'm no fashion expert but some of y'all sound like the hens on E before the grammy's... WHO CARES? It looks better than the last one, and why would they just go back to their BORING old look?
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiss_vike wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Read what JMac wrote. It's unfinished, not thought to the end, and worst of all, not tested on all numbers = amateurish.

And you know this how? You really think you know the design better than uh.. the people who designed it? Obviously it's supposed to look the way it is.

C'mon dude, they obviously tested more than just one number combination, they knew what they were making.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmichaelp wrote:
swiss_vike wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

And you know this how? You really think you know the design better than uh.. the people who designed it? Obviously it's supposed to look the way it is.

C'mon dude, they obviously tested more than just one number combination, they knew what they were making.

And how do you know that?

You would be astonished how often high paid professionals do amateur errors. Architecture is another great field where you have to wonder.

I know because I know the basics regarding design of a font. And I can tell you, they didn't test all the numbers, or they would not have made these decision. It's embarassing.
aviking

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to find a place that is selling the new jersey with sewn on numbers instead of the screen printed? The only ones on the Vikings site and NFL site are the screen printed ones.
Krauser

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read somewhere that the high-end jerseys ("elite" or whatever) won't be available until training camp or preseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: