You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

L33's '13 Architect Auction Rules/Sign Ups!! 15 Spots Open!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: L33's '13 Architect Auction Rules/Sign Ups!! 15 Spots Open!! Reply with quote

Ever since I signed up for FFMD after a year long hiatus, one question has been asked.....

WHEN IS THE NEXT ARCHITECT MOCK?

If people don't know this was a very popular mock for a couple of years before I went on my sabbatical from Footballs Futured but being in FFMD has rekindled my desire to do one.We are keeping pretty much the same rules as previous year (they will be listed below) with a few minor tweaks to the system to make it easier for everyone. The biggest thing is doing away with one big salary pool for all 32 teams but for everybody to have 50 points to spend for each team. Hopefully this will keep everyone active since we will all have money for each team. The second thing is we are going to auction off coaches as well since alot of woul-be owners liked the idea of giving the mock a more realistic feel.

You can sign up for the draft AFTER READING THE RULES (you can ask around for better or worse, I enforce them to the letter after we start and there will be a pop quiz later). I'm going to take the 32 best options for the teams. I'm going to be honest up front and tell you that past owners I have had in previous mocks will have preferred treatment.Once you are edited into this official post that means that you are in the mock.

This mock will last about a month and a half at least. If you can't last that long please don't sign up as it messes up the whole thing. Is it this long because you are rebuilding your franchise from top to bottom.

Thank You and Enjoy !!!!

PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auction Rules

1. Highest Bid Wins.

2. This will be setup this time like the Shark Tank. A team will be up to bid and everyone can bid on the player. A high bid that lasts 12 hours wins the player. After the last player on a team is won, a new auction will start. We ask to try and make this as fast as possible, like we don't need 30 posts to get Tom Brady up to 30 points by people bidding by 1. Just make reasonable offers in the beginning to save time.

2. Every bid has to have the teaam's name in the bid. Just because you have for example Browns somewhere in your name that doesn't count. There will be many owners in this with different teams then their name or avatar.

3. Any bid that is edited in anyway is voided. If you are though of editing it on purpose to void the bid, you will be suspended for the next auction.

3. The auction order will be best team, then worst team, then best and so on like that. (example Colts, Rams, Saints, Bucs)

4. Any player that doesn't receive a bid will go back to their original team for FREE.

5. Win you win a player post the time stamp and your new point total.

6. By the end of the auctions each team NEEDS 46 PLAYERS. You can have as many as you want

7. If it looks like you are not going to reach the limit, spending limits for a player will be instituted to avoid someone trying to spend all the points on 32 players.

8. You can send max bids if you are going to be absent for the aucitons but their is NO GUARANTEE of it being posted. I always try my hardest to do it for everybody but I am also doing a team by scratch myself and sometimes just get on in time for that when life gets busy. You can send the max bids to anyone if you can trust them but there will be no penalties if the people can't get them up for you on time.

9. You can't go over you point total at any time including outstanding bids. If you violate the rule, you will be warned at first and then penalties will be induced, that will included stripping of players, suspensions from auctions and or losing of draft picks.

10. When an auction is over, the winners will be announced and posted in the thread along with every teams salary cap standing before the next auction starts.

Salary Cap Rules

1. Every owner will have 50 points to spend per team.

2. Any unspent points will carry over to the next team auction.

3. If in the first auction there is a tie, they can borrow from the next auction.

4. The amount of every teams salary cap at the end will determine the NFL Draft order. The order will be who has the most points to who has the least.

5. You can never go over your cap!!! I know I said it earlier too but this is to make sure people can't say they didn't read it.

Trades

1. All trades just need to be approved by both teams. Don't worry about this because there won't be many.

Draft

1. The draft order will be determined about who has the most salary cap points at the end of the auctions.

2. The draft will be 5 rounds with each team getting one pick per round.

Coach Auctions

1. Coach Auctions will be different then player auctions.

2. Teams can retain their coaches (HC's as of 1/2/10) by just bidding the max of 50 points. A max bid to retain their own coach will be unmatched. Also if you retain the head coach, you also retain their coordinators for the 50 points in the draft also, unless they are hired by another team as their head coach, then you will have to be in the coordinator draft.

3. Coaching points roll over to coordiantors but doesn't roll over into the player auctions.

4. Anybody that has been a HC in the NFL for the last 5 years is avaible to be hired. The following list will also be allowed....

Mike Holmgren
Bill Cowher
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Brian Kelly

5. Any offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator is also avaible to be a HC. But he has to be deemed as a viable head coaching candidate by the other owners. So nobody can bid 1 point on a TE Coach as the HC to save them points for players.

6. Offensive Coordinators and Defensive Coordinators will be in the together in a Coordinator auction. You will hundred points for this auction. They also have to be viable candidates, they can't be like 20 points for Will Muschamp for your defensive coordinator. Just use your common sense.

7. Your coordinators have to share the same kind of styles as your HC hiring or they will be voided. Don't be hiring Rex Ryan as your head coach with Lovie Smith as your DC.

THREADS

1. This thread is where you will sign up and then later turn into the draft thread,

2. We will have a depth chart thread for everybody to post their respective teams. So go and reserve your spot as soon as you get your pm that you are an owner to reserve a spot. You then will make posts in this thread to announce you won a player. If you don't post your win in this thread within 48 hours of winning the player, the win will be voided. This makes it a lot easier for me to keep track of all teams instead of searching for all the wins in the auction thread.

3. The third thread will be an open discussion thread, where any problems will be discussed along with everybody thoughts about what is going on in the mock.

****IF ANY OWNER HAS A PROBLEM WITH ANY RULE OR SEES SOMETHING I MISSED, THEY ARE MORE THEN WELCOME TO P.M. ABOUT IT OR POST THE QUESTONS HERE. BUT ONCE THE MOCK IS STARTED THESE RULES ARE SET IN STONE******

Official List of teams

Buffalo-
New England
New York-
Miami-jayotha
Baltimore-BigPlayReceiver
Pittsburgh
Cleveland-LAURINAITIS33
Cincinnati-ochocinco4pres
Jacksonville-It's A Sabotage
Indianapolis-KhanYouDigIt
Tennessee
Houston
Oakland
Denver-hidib41
San Diego
Kansas City-daboyle250
New York
Dallas
Philadelphia
Washington-turtle28
Chicago-pigsooie5
Green Bay
Minnesota-Lil Uno
Detroit-Football Phreak
Tampa Bay
New Orleans-Harper41
Carolina
Atlanta-BeeperKing
San Francisco-481/2ers
Seattle-Jr911
Arizona
St Louis-ramsgoooo

Floater-k5king25

Last edited by LAURINAITIS33 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 14 times in total
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the Rams if you decide to accept me. I was pretty active in markys draft as the lion. I will however need a few clarifications on a couple of rules.

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguars please.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts please.

^^el ramster^^
BigPlayReceiver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I have the Ravens, please.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent some time thinking and it's a go for me. I'll do Lions if you want me.
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anybody was wondering this is hopefully still going to go on after FFMD is over.
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there some watered down version of the rules for simple-minded folk? I read the rules twice and can't seem to maintain attention, although this is very intriguing...

So we have 50 points to use on a roster of 46? I'm probably misunderstanding that.

A team puts up a player to begin an auction on and then 12 hours later with no more bid-ups they win? Are we going one player at a time?

And whatever contract a guy has in real life is the contract they have once you win their rights?

Last edited by jfinley88 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kansas City

Adopt-A-Redskins: Josh Norman
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Is there some watered down version of the rules for simple-minded folk? I read the rules twice and can't seem to maintain attention, although this is very intriguing...

So we have 50 points to use on a roster of 46? I'm probably misunderstanding that.

A team puts up a player to begin an auction on and then 12 hours later with no more bid-ups they win? Are we going one player at a time?

And whatever contract a guy has in real life is the contract they have once you win their rights?

You get 50 points per team, so you have 1600 total. But they are rationed per team because somebody will spend them on like the first three teams and then go dead.

We go team at a time not single players. Like the whole Ravens are put up, then it's like the Shark Tank. When one team players are mostly won, the next team will be released

Just forget about real life cap numbers the only cap that matters is the points in this.

With all that said there is stragety to this because you can't borrow your points unless absolutely necessary if both teams are equal. But say if you have fifty points and the other guy has fifty one because he saved a point from an earlier team he wins that player even if you was willing to use your future points. And whoever saves the most points gets the higher draft spot on the college draft.
Jr911

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the Seahawks...
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

You get 50 points per team, so you have 1600 total. But they are rationed per team because somebody will spend them on like the first three teams and then go dead.

We go team at a time not single players. Like the whole Ravens are put up, then it's like the Shark Tank. When one team players are mostly won, the next team will be released

Just forget about real life cap numbers the only cap that matters is the points in this.

With all that said there is stragety to this because you can't borrow your points unless absolutely necessary if both teams are equal. But say if you have fifty points and the other guy has fifty one because he saved a point from an earlier team he wins that player even if you was willing to use your future points. And whoever saves the most points gets the higher draft spot on the college draft.

I'm clearly not smart enough to participate in this Laughing
daboyle250

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is dead, I'm out.

Adopt-A-Redskins: Josh Norman
vikes635

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot didnt realize you where trying to get one of these going ill take carolina

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: