You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 (Part II): GDT *Winner Announced pg.87*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 87, 88, 89  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
if we have a UDFA period, i propose this as a way to make it happen

Each team chooses 15 players that they believe will be there after the draft is finished. Each team ranks these players in order of preference. They will then send their list to a mod (or someone in charge). After the draft teams will be rewarded with the player if no one else has them on their list, or if they have them higher than other teams on the list. If there is a tie, you can use draft order to determine who gets the player.

*Starts clearing out inbox*

So far this suggestion is the leader in the clubhouse...
Do we send a list in before or after the draft? What if none of the players in your list become UDFA's? Do you get to submit another list or do you just get no UDFA's?

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Each team chooses 15 players that they believe will be there after the draft is finished. Each team ranks these players in order of preference. They will then send their list to a mod (or someone in charge). After the draft teams will be rewarded with the player if no one else has them on their list, or if they have them higher than other teams on the list. If there is a tie, you can use draft order to determine who gets the player.

Do we send a list in before or after the draft? What if none of the players in your list become UDFA's? Do you get to submit another list or do you just get no UDFA's?

if we want we can make the list bigger, but as for before or after, thats for everyone to decide

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Well it's not finalized yet, give me a little time. But in theory, it would be BEFORE the draft starts. That could be the first round of UDFA bidding.

Could start a second round of bidding at the start of the 7th round. None of the winners being announced until after the draft is completely over...
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should just have unlimited UDFA's, but should only be allowed to claim 1 per hour!!

So if you claim a player at 12:08pm you cant claim another player until 1:08pm

Prevents teams from posting 10 UDFA's at one time, gives everyone a chance to get their guy!

Colts 2015-2020 Roster/Cap
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
I think you should just have unlimited UDFA's, but should only be allowed to claim 1 per hour!!

Prevents teams from posting 10 UDFA's at one time, gives everyone a chance to get their guy!
I'd much prefer this than having to predict the future.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:

Guys, this worked great in wayne's mock.

Carolina Panthers
Total Control GM Mock Draft
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

Guys, this worked great in wayne's mock.

THIS. I found this to be A LOT better...
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:

That works. Can you explain in a little more detail how this works? Pretty much whoever 'first' claims a player would get them? How does one 'bid' over someone else? There is no salary cap for this round of FFMD.

Maybe create a UDFA salary pool?
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

That works. Can you explain in a little more detail how this works? Pretty much whoever 'first' claims a player would get them? How does one 'bid' over someone else? There is no salary cap for this round of FFMD.

There is no bidding, just first come first serve, but only allowed 1 per hour! Nice and easy!!!

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

There is no bidding, just first come first serve, but only allowed 1 per hour! Nice and easy!!!

Got it. Here is the write-up I was going to add to the official rules, let me know if anything looks off to you:

UDFA Process

The UDFA process will begin Monday, April 22nd at 9am EST. Each team is allowed to claim 1 player per hour. To claim a player, the GM/AGM (or approved delegate) must use the following format: Team Name selects Player Name, Position, School. For example:

Ohio Carps selects TJ Moe, WR, Missouri

If the timestamp for that claim is 9:01am EST then that team will not be allowed to claim another player until 10:01am EST. Players will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. Also there is no limit to the number of UDFA players that you can claim.

Teams are allowed to revoke their claim as long as it's done within an hour. If a team revokes their bid which means they haven't claimed a player within the last hour then they are free to place a bid on another player immediately...
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

Got it. Here is the write-up I was going to add to the official rules, let me know if anything looks off to you:

UDFA Process

The UDFA process will begin Monday, April 22nd at 9am EST. Each team is allowed to claim 1 player per hour. To claim a player, the GM/AGM (or approved delegate) must use the following format: Team Name selects Player Name, Position, School. For example:

Ohio Carps selects TJ Moe, WR, Missouri

If the timestamp for that claim is 9:01am EST then that team will not be allowed to claim another player until 10:01am EST. Players will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. Also there is no limit to the number of UDFA players that you can claim.

Teams are allowed to revoke their claim as long as it's done within an hour. If a team revokes their bid which means they haven't claimed a player within the last hour then they are free to place a bid on another player immediately...

Looks good, but not sure you need to include revoke clause!?

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:

We've run into issues before with GMs/AGM/other team members not all being on the same page. Figure I would add that in to clear up any confusion. I pretty much expect a member of a staff to select a player and then the rest of the staff to want someone else...
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

We've run into issues before with GMs/AGM/other team members not all being on the same page. Figure I would add that in to clear up any confusion. I pretty much expect a member of a staff to select a player and then the rest of the staff to want someone else...

its all good! looks good, if you guys need any help let me know!

quietjetsket

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

I suggest not because another team (who already claimed on different prospect) may want a taken prospect. Developing a chain of revoked and new taken is the last thing you want to witness.

If you want a revoke clause then you need to set up a rule for that. Like a prospect won't be available for 2 hours after being revoked. Or something like that.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

I suggest not because another team (who already claimed on different prospect) may want a taken prospect. Developing a chain of revoked and new taken is the last thing you want to witness.

If you want a revoke clause then you need to set up a rule for that. Like a prospect won't be available for 2 hours after being revoked. Or something like that.

That was my first initial reaction as well! I think probably shouldn't be at all, but if so their should be a penalty,( have to wait 2 hours to put in a bid or something...?

It will cause a chain of reaction and be tough to track!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 2 of 89

Jump to: