You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 (Part II): GDT *Winner Announced pg.87*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 87, 88, 89  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
I was going to say wow what a surprise the team with 2 high firsts won, but there first 6 picks are phenomenal. So I take it back. Great jobs Rams. Maybe next year I will join your staff and reap the benefits of the 2 firsts Wink Laughing

No. This is an exclusive club. We don't accept cheeseheads. Wink Razz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambino62 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
TheVillain112:

Congratulations on a successful FFMD II, I think yourself and the others that aided you did an outstanding job of making this very enjoyable for everyone involved. You guys were “johnny on the spot” with trade approvals, updating draft and udfa selections. Not an easy job to do and you guys worked it out flawlessly.

Also, Hats off to every team front office and war room. Seemed like every war room I sneaked into, codes were being used to disguise their draft decisions. I found it very entertaining on trying to decipher the chatter.

100% agree, very smooth.

Also, new UDFA system is AWESOME. Almost as fun as the draft itself. Keep that around.

I didn't get many picks in the UDFA, actually only one, a kicker/punter. Really wanted to do more there but coming in late, I couldn't catch up my board fast enough, seemed like every time I got it updated and was getting ready to make my selection, he'd be off the board and I be back to updating again. No fault of my own, just wasn't fast enough to keep up with you young guys. Do think its a good system though, just wish it hadn't started so early due to time zones.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
TheVillain112:

Congratulations on a successful FFMD II, I think yourself and the others that aided you did an outstanding job of making this very enjoyable for everyone involved. You guys were “johnny on the spot” with trade approvals, updating draft and udfa selections. Not an easy job to do and you guys worked it out flawlessly.

Also, Hats off to every team front office and war room. Seemed like every war room I sneaked into, codes were being used to disguise their draft decisions. I found it very entertaining on trying to decipher the chatter.

I was a lil suprised how only a small number of war rooms dont use any codes. In the Vikings war room even thing was open, and it was interesting going into other war rooms, and them saying "Vikings are leaning Player X or LB - liking Te'o".

We also did our part in sending smoke when necessary Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
TheVillain112:
Could you round out the top 3 ot top 5, based on what the moderator staff thought were? Might be better to recognize some other teams in a positive ranking order based upon the amount of staff invovled in the war rooms.

Congrats to the Rams and Gambino62

The top 3 were the following:

1. Rams
2. Vikings
3. Dolphins

After that it was a mix of Eagles, Jags, Titans and 49ers. I personally thought there was a clear top 2 in the Rams and Vikings. Just liked what the Rams did more...

I will call being "in the mix" a success for a 1st time GM. Thanks. This was a great way to fill the long wait before the draft.

Agreed, even though I wasn't "in the mix" the Giants were mentioned within the original post.

Actually, I'm still doing back flips over our first two picks: Richardson and Lacy....opppp... another backflip.
Gambino62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
TheVillain112:

I was a lil suprised how only a small number of war rooms dont use any codes. In the Vikings war room even thing was open, and it was interesting going into other war rooms, and them saying "Vikings are leaning Player X or LB - liking Te'o".

We went code heavy in FFMD1 but decided against it in FFMD2 and it really didn't affect us too much. My favourite was probably Jax, the wrestling thing was good stuff.

Kempes on the sig, El ramster on the avy.
Gambino62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
TheVillain112:
Could you round out the top 3 ot top 5, based on what the moderator staff thought were? Might be better to recognize some other teams in a positive ranking order based upon the amount of staff invovled in the war rooms.

1. Rams
2. Vikings
3. Dolphins

After that it was a mix of Eagles, Jags, Titans and 49ers. I personally thought there was a clear top 2 in the Rams and Vikings. Just liked what the Rams did more...

I will call being "in the mix" a success for a 1st time GM. Thanks. This was a great way to fill the long wait before the draft.

Agreed, even though I wasn't "in the mix" the Giants were mentioned within the original post.

Actually, I'm still doing back flips over our first two picks: Richardson and Lacy....opppp... another backflip.

Sheldor the Conqueror was, without a doubt, one of the best picks made in the first round, if not the entire draft. I don't personally see the same value in Eddie Lacy, but I can understand the mindset in picking him. You guys did a damn good job.

Kempes on the sig, El ramster on the avy.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
TheVillain112:

I was a lil surprised how only a small number of war rooms dont use any codes. In the Vikings war room even thing was open, and it was interesting going into other war rooms, and them saying "Vikings are leaning Player X or LB - liking Te'o".

Yeah there were some teams that didn't use the codes, opting for the smoke screens instead. The one that stood out to me was Dallas, they started off not using any code at all. After they got wind of my snooping, they shifted to codes...hahah... great fun.

The other was our use of codes. Using mobster nicknames as code. I'd post a couple options and find myself cracking up.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:

I was impressed with the first time GMs. You, ny92jefferis, ark, LuckyNumber11 (I believe) and winitall (who stepped up and did the Bucs eventhough he's a Chargers fan IIRC). Having good GMs that are active is what makes it fun.

The biggest issue I had was scheduling. I wanted to make it realistic by doing a Full 7 round draft with comp picks and an UDFA period but I had to weigh that against freezing the rosters as late as possible to give enough time for Free Agents like Andre Smith to sign. Need to a do a better job next time to accomodate the West Coast folk...

Gambino62 wrote:
Also, new UDFA system is AWESOME. Almost as fun as the draft itself. Keep that around.

Credit wayne87reggie for the system. Definitely going to be tapping him for help for FFMD I next year. There are others that I'm going to try and utilize as well that are non-mods if I'm involved in FFMD I. People like Iceman88 always are up for helping, which makes it manageable for us running it...
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambino62 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
TheVillain112:

1. Rams
2. Vikings
3. Dolphins

Sheldor the Conqueror was, without a doubt, one of the best picks made in the first round, if not the entire draft. I don't personally see the same value in Eddie Lacy, but I can understand the mindset in picking him. You guys did a damn good job.

Thanks man....In watching the tape on Eddie, this guy is first round material all the way. I haven't seen rookies with the patience to follow their blockers as he does. Very good quality to have as a back. I also think the guy has rocket boosters strapped to his back, hands down the most explosive player 10 yards after the line of scrimmage.

I know not everyone is as big on his as myself, and thats all good. Personally, if the Giants picked him tonight at 19, I wouldn't have any problems with that at all.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrry wins two FFMDs in one offseason. Nice job.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

I was impressed with the first time GMs. You, ny92jefferis, ark, LuckyNumber11 (I believe) and winitall (who stepped up and did the Bucs eventhough he's a Chargers fan IIRC). Having good GMs that are active is what makes it fun.

The biggest issue I had was scheduling. I wanted to make it realistic by doing a Full 7 round draft with comp picks and an UDFA period but I had to weigh that against freezing the rosters as late as possible to give enough time for Free Agents like Andre Smith to sign. Need to a do a better job next time to accomodate the West Coast folk...

Gambino62 wrote:

Credit wayne87reggie for the system. Definitely going to be tapping him for help for FFMD I next year. There are others that I'm going to try and utilize as well that are non-mods if I'm involved in FFMD I. People like Iceman88 always are up for helping, which makes it manageable for us running it...

Well i dont like you either.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

Gambino62 wrote:

Well i dont like you either.

I thought you were a GM before? All you cheeseheads look a like to me.

I will say though for a non-vet you did a really good job especially managing that group of know-it-alls (cough*Cwood*cough). Although it probably helped that jfin was outcast to the Jags.

In all seriousness, good job running the Packers...
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Rams!
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Gambino62 wrote:

thanks, anything you need villain let me know!

FFMD II went off without a hook, great job!

Colts 2015-2020 Roster/Cap
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
TheVillain112:

1. Rams
2. Vikings
3. Dolphins

Well...we got a mention. I'll take it.

Props to mike23md on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 88 of 89

Jump to: