You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 (Part II): GDT *Winner Announced pg.87*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amount of 2013 Picks or even the value of the picks should be only be part of it. Really think the overall direction should be more important. Did you set yourself up for a) run at the chip b) playoff seed c) rebuilding year d) or a combination of both planning for the future & being competitive now.

Did your picks this year and potentially acquired 2014 picks, align with your overall plan vision. That to me should be the determining factor, as that should be the #1 priority for a GM.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potential is great but reality is far better. Broncos wont win this GM Mock award but they will win the Superbowl with Eifert and Allen.

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
adamq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie mac wrote:
Potential is great but reality is far better. Broncos wont win this GM Mock award but they will win the Superbowl with Eifert and Allen.

make it, maybe, but you aren't beating SF
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to start off by thanking everyone for participating in FFMD II. It was my first time running a FFMD and a good learning experience. And now to get to the winners.

Congrats to the winners of FFMD II the St. Louis Rams!

It was a tough decision and obviously the Rams had an advantage going in with the extra picks. But what they did with the picks to set themselves up for success now and next year, is why I picked them. I loved what the Vikings, Broncos, 49ers, Eagles, Giants, Dolphins and other teams did as well. You guys didn't make it an easy decision. Some other teams like the Jets and Jags really went for it and if they hit could set themselves up for a lot of success.

The Rams are entering what I consider a make or break year for Sam Bradford. His contract is due for an extension but the teams needs to figure out if he truly is the 'Franchise' QB they drafted him to be. The additions of Tavon Austin and Markus Wheaton give the Rams instant play making ability on offense if Quick doesn't develop as they expect. It's a good way to hedge their bets.

The two biggest issues after that was O-Line and Safety play. Both got addressed as well with Barrett Jones and Jonathan Cyprien. Their first four picks will provide an instant impact to the team this year.

The Rams also made one of the best decisions in the draft to trade down with the Lions and pick up a 2014 1st round draft pick. Next years draft is expected to have more top level talent in the first round and the Rams are poised again to be setup for success in the draft.

What they did during the UDFA process is intriguing as well. Marc Anthony, Jeff Baca and Duron Carter have the talent to potentially make the 53 man roster.

As winners of FFMD II (credit to Kempes), the Rams members who participated can wear the following Championship Sig:

JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say wow what a surprise the team with 2 high firsts won, but there first 6 picks are phenomenal. So I take it back. Great jobs Rams. Maybe next year I will join your staff and reap the benefits of the 2 firsts Wink Laughing

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to e Rams. It was fun...

#JDI
Gambino62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! Go Rams!

Kempes on the sig, El ramster on the avy.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foiled again!

Seriously, congrats. Job well done.

I didn't agree with all of your moves, particularly I think starting basically 3 rookies in Barnes, Dallas and 5th year pick last season, Rokevious could be damaging to Bradford's health. As much as I would've loved to have Pough on our roster, I don't think you could successfully plug him in as your strong side linebacker. The guy is gifted no doubt about it, but coming from a such a small school, it would be hard for me to drop him in as an immediate starter.

I did like that you pulled in a veteran running back and you added depth at safety. You addressed receiver with some quality players and was able to and another first round pick next year to go with the additional first from the Redskins. Overall, I liked the bulk of your picks, even the picks in the UDFA.
Gambino62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
foiled again!

Seriously, congrats. Job well done.

I didn't agree with all of your moves, particularly I think starting basically 3 rookies in Barnes, Dallas and 5th year pick last season, Rokevious could be damaging to Bradford's health. As much as I would've loved to have Pough on our roster, I don't think you could successfully plug him in as your strong side linebacker. The guy is gifted no doubt about it, but coming from a such a small school, it would be hard for me to drop him in as an immediate starter.

I did like that you pulled in a veteran running back and you added depth at safety. You addressed receiver with some quality players and was able to and another first round pick next year to go with the additional first from the Redskins. Overall, I liked the bulk of your picks, even the picks in the UDFA.

Thanks friend. In regards to Pough, he will more than likely get split reps with Sammy Brown who is someone the Rams like a lot. We are definitely hedging our bets a bit with starting Rok, Barrett and Dallas, but the front office had Rok starting before a season ending injury, so I think he can play well and I have no doubt Boudreau can coach up Jones and Dallas.

All in all, it was a ton of fun and we are humbled to be picked as having the best offseason because there were a lot of great offseasons.

CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112:
Could you round out the top 3 ot top 5, based on what the moderator staff thought were? Might be better to recognize some other teams in a positive ranking order based upon the amount of staff invovled in the war rooms.

Congrats to the Rams and Gambino62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
TheVillain112:
Could you round out the top 3 ot top 5, based on what the moderator staff thought were? Might be better to recognize some other teams in a positive ranking order based upon the amount of staff invovled in the war rooms.

The top 3 were the following:

1. Rams
2. Vikings
3. Dolphins

After that it was a mix of Eagles, Jags, Titans and 49ers. I personally thought there was a clear top 2 in the Rams and Vikings. Just liked what the Rams did more...
Gambino62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
TheVillain112:

Thanks CM, loved what you guys did too. Very bold moving Jared Allen.

ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112:

Congratulations on a successful FFMD II, I think yourself and the others that aided you did an outstanding job of making this very enjoyable for everyone involved. You guys were “johnny on the spot” with trade approvals, updating draft and udfa selections. Not an easy job to do and you guys worked it out flawlessly.

Also, Hats off to every team front office and war room. Seemed like every war room I sneaked into, codes were being used to disguise their draft decisions. I found it very entertaining on trying to decipher the chatter.
Gambino62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
TheVillain112:

Congratulations on a successful FFMD II, I think yourself and the others that aided you did an outstanding job of making this very enjoyable for everyone involved. You guys were “johnny on the spot” with trade approvals, updating draft and udfa selections. Not an easy job to do and you guys worked it out flawlessly.

Also, Hats off to every team front office and war room. Seemed like every war room I sneaked into, codes were being used to disguise their draft decisions. I found it very entertaining on trying to decipher the chatter.

100% agree, very smooth.

Also, new UDFA system is AWESOME. Almost as fun as the draft itself. Keep that around.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
TheVillain112:

The top 3 were the following:

1. Rams
2. Vikings
3. Dolphins

After that it was a mix of Eagles, Jags, Titans and 49ers. I personally thought there was a clear top 2 in the Rams and Vikings. Just liked what the Rams did more...

I will call being "in the mix" a success for a 1st time GM. Thanks. This was a great way to fill the long wait before the draft.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 87 of 89

Jump to: